g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

British + Irish Draft : MJJ vs Edgar (Group D)

Who will win assuming all players are at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Annahnomoss

:lol:. Love how you took Scholes's weakest passing ratings.

Short Pass Accuracy: 92
Short Pass Speed: 87
Long Pass Accuracy: 95
Long Pass Speed: 93

Honestly think he is the best passer on this draft (and there is nothing that Pirlo can do on the ball that Scholes can't) but the likes of Haynes, Blanchflower and Brady aren't too far behind.
Gets down to splitting hairs between the likes of Pirlo, Blanchflower and Scholes even though those rankings has Scholes at the bottom of the three. I don't really think there is a pass that Pirlo would see and execute that Blanchflower and Scholes wouldn't. I think it becomes more about who can find the opportunity to make the pass the most often.

Only included people in the same role, deep lying playmakers - type. The passing you use as an attacking midifelder or second striker(In Haynes case) just cant be compared. Take Ronaldinho, he had one of the most penetrative passing ranges ever when he got near the box but of course his metronome passing wasn't close to someone like Scholes or Pirlo and his long ranged passes from deep couldn't compare either.

The further forward you get the more creativity, vision and dribbling becomes important. As a DLP there is a much bigger emphasize on just the quality of your passing. Everybody will see RVP making the run, the question is who can find that tiny 2 meter box of space that will create a chance - from 45 meters away.

Scholes was one of the greatest passers ever from deep, but as a second striker or AM I would never put him above Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Zidane etc etc. But they couldn't step down and do his job from a DLP role as good as he did it.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Gets down to splitting hairs between the likes of Pirlo, Blanchflower and Scholes even though those rankings has Scholes at the bottom of the three. I don't really think there is a pass that Pirlo would see and execute that Blanchflower and Scholes wouldn't. I think it becomes more about who can find the opportunity to make the pass the most often.

Only included people in the same role, deep lying playmakers - type. The passing you use as an attacking midifelder or second striker(In Haynes case) just cant be compared. Take Ronaldinho, he had one of the most penetrative passing ranges ever when he got near the box but of course his metronome passing wasn't close to someone like Scholes or Pirlo and his long ranged passes from deep couldn't compare either.

The further forward you get the more creativity, vision and dribbling becomes important. As a DLP there is a much bigger emphasize on just the quality of your passing. Everybody will see RVP making the run, the question is who can find that tiny 2 meter box of space that will create a chance - from 45 meters away.

Scholes was one of the greatest passers ever from deep, but as a second striker or AM I would never put him above Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Zidane etc etc. But they couldn't step down and do his job from a DLP role as good as he did it.
Agreed. Rate Scholes the deep lying playmaking version over the earlier more forward Scholes version. He naturally lost a bit of dynamism but he became more aware, better defensively and really started to dictate matches. I really do wonder hypothetically, how the deeper version of Scholes when paired with the prime box to box Keane would have fared over the years.