Music Brockhampton

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Feel like they deserve their own thread. Saturation 3 out December 15th.

Hip-hop collective that have been gaining traction this year who also call themselves a boy band. Releasing 3 albums Saturation, Saturation II and the third in just over a week. I think they're great and for me Sat II blew the first out of the water.

Kevin Abstract is saying it's their last studio album but he's had a tendency to say completely untrue things before.

Some songs.

Hawks2008

I've been listening to these guys since the first Saturation album and I really love their sound. Saturation II was great and I'm hoping Saturation III is too. Not sure about the whole "Last studio album" thing, it might be for publicity it might not be. At any rate I'm not sure any of them would thrive as solo artists other than Kevin Abstract. But yeah, they're great.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I love Queer - hook feels like they channelled their inner Outkast

Despite fans/the group themselves probably vehemently disagreeing with such an assertion - they are basically a 2017 Odd Future equivalent. Though I don't think anyone in the group has the individual technical ability of Frank/Earl/Tyler.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I love Queer - hook feels like they channelled their inner Outkast

Despite fans/the group themselves probably vehemently disagreeing with such an assertion - they are basically a 2017 Odd Future equivalent. Though I don't think anyone in the group has the individual technical ability of Frank/Earl/Tyler.
Yeah that's a great song. They've got a real knack for hooks.

macheda14

Anthony Fantano from Youtube’s The needle drop, said whilstbits possible that it’s just publicity bull it also might be like other rap groups. Their last studio album for the way way foreseeable future. Like Wu Tang etc. We’ll see a lot of solo work and collaboration and maybe they’ll come back together later OR it’ll be much like odd future where they had one or two mixtapes as the collective but now it’s just solo albums with muchos muchos collaboration. One thing is for certain I need them to tour the UK and I need to get tickets (guarantee they’re gonna be gold dust if they ever come over)

Hawks2008

Man, the production on Saturation III is great. I've only had one listen to it so far but it may be the best of the Saturation trilogy.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s brilliant. Pretty mad that they’ve brought out 3 albums in such a short amount of time and they’re all at a high level.

Favourite tracks so far are BOOGIE, BLEACH and RENTAL. Bleach is amazing.

For me right now it’s 2 > 3 > 1

2 is just great songs all the way through.

Hawks2008

It’s brilliant. Pretty mad that they’ve brought out 3 albums in such a short amount of time and they’re all at a high level.

Favourite tracks so far are BOOGIE, BLEACH and RENTAL. Bleach is amazing.

For me right now it’s 2 > 3 > 1

2 is just great songs all the way through.
My fave tracks are probably BOOGIE, STUPID, ZIPPER, and SISTER/NATION. JOBA and Matt are the standouts on this album. As far as ranking the 3 I'd go 3 >1 > 2.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My fave tracks are probably BOOGIE, STUPID, ZIPPER, and SISTER/NATION. JOBA and Matt are the standouts on this album. As far as ranking the 3 I'd go 3 >1 > 2.
Had STUPID in my head all morning. JOHNNY has grown on me too. SISTER/NATION is probably the weirdest thing they've ever done but I like it.

DWelbz19

Hottie, Bleach, and Rental the standouts for me. I really like Team too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
JOHNNY has massively grown on me now and same with HOTTIE. At 1:03 that beat switch and Merlyn coming in saying catastrophic is so good.

SISTER/NATION is fecking great too. ALASKA as well.

It's close to rivaling Sat II for me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Merlyn's cadence on BLEACH is proper Kanye-esque.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wonder how they’ll perform his parts of songs now. Apparently in a show last night they just stood silently during the parts his verses were supposed to be.

DWelbz19

Forget performances, what’s going on with Puppy?

That’s a huge piece of their music just gone. Kevin and Matt are great at catching and holding a melody, Joba can sing, Bearface has a nice acoustic feel that closes projects etc. but nobody has them hard hitting lyrics Ameer bought. Dom can rap but there’s a big difference in deliveries.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

This is great. The beginning is very Outkast and the breakdown at the end with Bearface is so good. Not a massive fan of Matt's verse, Joba's is a bit better.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
New album out 21 Sept. Went to buy tickets to their Toronto show this morning to see it's been cancelled because of a labour dispute, ffs.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Iridescence is out in Aus & NZ. Just had a listen to a version someone put up. TONYA is so good.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Two of the best songs of the album for me. When the violins come in on Tonya :drool: and the breakdown on Weight.

Joba is so good. Everything he does is nearly always the best part of the song.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Kevin Abstract is releasing 3 new EPs in the next few weeks that will form one big album. The Denzel Curry route it seems.

Getting big Outkast vibes from Joy Ride. Sounds great!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Can't wait for Ginger. Production on this is so good.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ginger out now. Jabari and Romil make the best beats man.

I know this is basically the Solius thread but still :D

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No Halo is one of their best ever songs for me. Loving Boy Bye too, the beat is amazing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

"Feat. Danny Brown" always a positive in my eyes.

Last edited: