Music Bruce Springsteen

kps88

I was talking to my mate last night and he said the Coventry gig was the best he'd seen since '87 so you're not unlucky yourself!

I don't think I could survive the pit in this heat, especially as I've stupidly got myself a hangover but I'm going to try and get as close as possible.

Yeah I was quite surprised how many people said that after the show; I thought they were always that good!

Nice one. Enjoy yourself. Think you might get lucky with some rarities in preparation for his indoors Leeds gig.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Sunday was too good. Guaranteed that they'll be back. He only said it about 8 times in a row.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
You know what, I was going to be diplomatic and hold back, but I'm just going to come right out and say it. If someone cannot see that Bruce Springstein is a great musician they are absolutely clueless

You don't have to like him. Liking him and knowing he's outstanding at what he does are 2 different things

I don't like Nick Cave, for example, but I know how good he is.
I agree except I love Nick Cave

MarylandMUFan

Saw him last night here in Adelaide.

Absolutely fantastic show. 3.5 hour set. After that, it's not hard to see why he is the boss.
Think I am going to get the 3rd Perth show and both Adelaide shows (Bruce is selling audio recordings of each show). They sounded epic.

Looking forward to seeing him again when he gets back to the States.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
http://brucespringsteen.net/

I will be going for the St. Paul concert...no worries :)

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band launch The River Tour 2016, a nine-week US trek, on Jan. 16 in Pittsburgh. The announcement of the tour coincides with today’s release of “The Ties That Bind: The River Collection,” a comprehensive look at the era of the 1980 “The River” album that “Rolling Stone” calls “Springsteen’s best archival release yet.” The box set is now available at Amazon (4CD/3DVDs or 4CD/2Blu-ray) and iTunes.

Each night of the tour will be mixed for release on Live.BruceSpringsteen.net as high-quality downloads and CDs. Recordings will be available within days of each performance.

The original The River Tour began Oct. 3, 1980, two weeks before the release of Springsteen’s fifth album, and continued through Sept. 4, 1981. With sets that regularly approached the four-hour range, the 140-date international tour firmly established a reputation for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band as marathon performers.

Tickets to The River Tour go on sale Dec. 11.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band 2016 US Tour Dates:

Jan 16 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center
Jan 19 Chicago, IL United Center
Jan 24 & 27 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
Jan 29 Washington, DC Verizon Center
Jan 31 Newark, NJ Prudential Center
Feb 2 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Feb 4 Boston, MA TD Garden
Feb 8 Albany, NY Times Union Center
Feb 10 Hartford, CT XL Center
Feb 12 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
Feb 16 Sunrise, FL BB&T Center
Feb 18 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
Feb 21 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center
Feb 23 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
Feb 25 Buffalo, NY First Niagara Center
Feb 27 Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena
Feb 29 St Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
Mar 3 Milwaukee, WI BMO Harris Bradley Center
Mar 6 St Louis, MO Chaifetz Arena
Mar 10 Phoenix, AZ Talking Stick Resort Arena
Mar 13 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena
Mar 15 Los Angeles, CA Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Have you listened to Nebraska =. It is one of faourite album and no his usual fare.
I like Bruce's stuff...

I like his music and love to listen to his stuff and play it at any gigs I do. He's clearly very good.

However, I saw him live twice and one or two things turned me off him and I don't like how his live shows are set out.
Not a fan of the person but, I do like his music

kps88

First time I've heard of anyone who is a fan of the music but not the live shows!

Went through all the unreleased stuff on the new box set. Meet Me in The City is a fun song but the rest aren't as good as his usual unreleased stuff.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
European tour is coming. Dublin, Lisbon, Milan and Rome all confirmed so far.

Have spent my morning listening to this, the COMPLETE rock'n'roll performance.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
http://brucespringsteen.net/

I will be going for the St. Paul concert...no worries :)

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band launch The River Tour 2016, a nine-week US trek, on Jan. 16 in Pittsburgh. The announcement of the tour coincides with today’s release of “The Ties That Bind: The River Collection,” a comprehensive look at the era of the 1980 “The River” album that “Rolling Stone” calls “Springsteen’s best archival release yet.” The box set is now available at Amazon (4CD/3DVDs or 4CD/2Blu-ray) and iTunes.

Each night of the tour will be mixed for release on Live.BruceSpringsteen.net as high-quality downloads and CDs. Recordings will be available within days of each performance.

The original The River Tour began Oct. 3, 1980, two weeks before the release of Springsteen’s fifth album, and continued through Sept. 4, 1981. With sets that regularly approached the four-hour range, the 140-date international tour firmly established a reputation for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band as marathon performers.

Tickets to The River Tour go on sale Dec. 11.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band 2016 US Tour Dates:

Jan 16 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center
Jan 19 Chicago, IL United Center
Jan 24 & 27 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
Jan 29 Washington, DC Verizon Center
Jan 31 Newark, NJ Prudential Center
Feb 2 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Feb 4 Boston, MA TD Garden
Feb 8 Albany, NY Times Union Center
Feb 10 Hartford, CT XL Center
Feb 12 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
Feb 16 Sunrise, FL BB&T Center
Feb 18 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
Feb 21 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center
Feb 23 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
Feb 25 Buffalo, NY First Niagara Center
Feb 27 Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena
Feb 29 St Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
Mar 3 Milwaukee, WI BMO Harris Bradley Center
Mar 6 St Louis, MO Chaifetz Arena
Mar 10 Phoenix, AZ Talking Stick Resort Arena
Mar 13 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena
Mar 15 Los Angeles, CA Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena
Glad you were able to get tickets. fecking scalpers bought up all the tickets in NY a minute after they were released. Wasn't paying $500 to go see him live.

Northstand

I like Bruce's stuff...

I like his music and love to listen to his stuff and play it at any gigs I do. He's clearly very good.

However, I saw him live twice and one or two things turned me off him and I don't like how his live shows are set out.
Not a fan of the person but, I do like his music
I'm curious to know what you mean? He's a great audience communicator in my book and, as far as I can tell, seems a genuine nice guy.

.Rossi

I'm curious to know what you mean? He's a great audience communicator in my book and, as far as I can tell, seems a genuine nice guy.
I was at a gig and some kid was holding up one of those big white cards with, "You rock Bruce" written on it.

He went down the walkway, to the kid. He was very nice to the kid and all. He took the sign, held it up in the air and just started doing that whole American rock thing over the microphone..."OH YEAH!!! OH YEAH!!! YOU DAMN RIGHT I ROCK!! WOOOOO." It was like a mixture of the Macho Man Randy Savage and Ric Flair.

Probably harsh saying I don't like the person. I just don't like the whole "American rockstar" thing and "Yeah, I'm The Boss" sorta stuff. I'm more into British bands and their personalities really. He is good though and has a great rock voice.

Oh and I cannot stand Steve Van Zandt. That doesn't help at all.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Never watched a second of The Sopranos tbh. Don't know why either. Must get round to it.

I'm sure he's hanging around Springsteen like a bad smell in every episode
Sprinsteen isn't in The Sopranos.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
He is great live. Really very good indeed. And I like some of his stuff but not a massive fan.

.Rossi

Sprinsteen isn't in The Sopranos.
I'm aware. It was a snide remark about Van Zandt

Regardless of what I think about "The Boss" image, I've loads of time for Springsteen's music. Zero time for Van Zandt in terms of music.

Could be great in the Sopranos for all I know though

Zen

Like how the dude above is against Springsteen for being patriotic about America.....then finishing the exact same post about preferring British bands with their British personalities.

Litte Stevie, good man.

Possibly might go see them in the summer, one last time maybe, haven't decided, no Clarence is sad times.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I'm struggling to score a ticket for Oakland. What are reputable sites for getting a ticket? anyone ever had any joy just turning up and buying a ticket outside the venue/

Ivor Ballokov

£105 for a ticket at Wembley, don't think I'd pay that for anyone else other than Simon and Garfunkel.

Good luck Grinner, wish I could help.

Ivor Ballokov

I was at a gig and some kid was holding up one of those big white cards with, "You rock Bruce" written on it.

He went down the walkway, to the kid. He was very nice to the kid and all. He took the sign, held it up in the air and just started doing that whole American rock thing over the microphone..."OH YEAH!!! OH YEAH!!! YOU DAMN RIGHT I ROCK!! WOOOOO." It was like a mixture of the Macho Man Randy Savage and Ric Flair.

Probably harsh saying I don't like the person. I just don't like the whole "American rockstar" thing and "Yeah, I'm The Boss" sorta stuff. I'm more into British bands and their personalities really. He is good though and has a great rock voice.

Oh and I cannot stand Steve Van Zandt. That doesn't help at all.
I'd say he takes a more gospel preacher style than anything else, it's ok for me because I'm fully onboard the church of Bruce, but I can see why it may turn others off.