Bruno Fernandes: "I don't know if they are going to give the cup to Argentina...they have clearly titled the field against us"

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not Bruno as well... Nothing to see here, they didn't lose because of the ref.
That being said, I actually agree, a ref of a nation that is still in the tournament should probably not be a referee in another game.
100%. Should be obvious to all. Didn't watch the whole game so can't really say if they were hard done by or not. But this type of scenario leaves a lot of room for doubt which would be so easy to avoid.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Sometimes I ask myself why he's one of the most disliked players in the league and if it's not blown out of proportions. Everytime he never fails to make me remember why.

Cnut.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Just key members of the CR37 cult drinking copium. You would have thought they were playing Argentina with their comments

sport2793

Bizarre comment from a player who didn't need to make excuses like that, should have just allowed Cristiano to fall on his own sword.

Flexdegea

To be fair refs have been shocking so far

I agree. I'm totally neutral on this world cup as my country not in it and the refereeing is brutal at times.

Personally thought even last night it was way inconsistent. Can see where Portugal players would feel annoyed, same for Netherlands.......just not consistent at all with what they let go and don't let go.

Stig

Bruno rolls around on the ground after the smallest of touches and complains without ceasing for 90 minutes when he plays for us.

If he played for another team we would despise him.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I wish he played for someone else so the majority on this forum could see how unlikeable this guy is. Constantly diving and saying stupid shite like this.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Is Amrabat any good for you lot? Genuinely curious as he looks great in this WC
My opinion is he outdone his normal level in this world cup. May be a “xavi euro08” moment for him, at least thats what I hope

TheReligion

Abusive
My opinion is he outdone his normal level in this world cup. May be a “xavi euro08” moment for him, at least thats what I hope
Thanks. will be interesting to see if he brings this level back with him to Serie A. He could be a target for a few clubs in the PL

marcus agrippa

I mean he's right in that it's poor organisation to use a referee from a country that has a vested interest in the game

The referees performance today didn't have any affect on the result though
Glad I'm not the only one who sees this. FIFA got lucky that the ref was great today, but things like that shouldn't happen at this level.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
He's wrong. Maybe if his long switches were more accurate, his crosses were better, and his pass to Bernardo from the free kick was quality, then Portugal might have won.

R'hllor

Must say, he is max level obnoxious prick and in so many areas as a bonus, its like a achievement.

IFC 1905

clearly trying to downgrade any achievement Argentina or Messi can make.

Should've tried playing better football, or at least shooting towards the goal, Bruno. Feck you.

Skills

Snitch
This is so weird

Argentina Portgual have played each other a grand total of 8 times in their history and not one single competitive game. You can tell how obsessed Ronaldo and those around him are with Messi

diarm

The most frustrating thing with Bruno, is that when he relaxes and cuts out the frantic shit he is ten times the player.

There are some footballers who need to play on the edge to get the best out of them. They need that fire and bitterness within to really shine. Keane was definitely one and I suspect Martinez is another.

With Bruno, it feels like he thinks he needs to be that player, and he works himself up into a frenzy, but it only makes him worse. The games where he looks calmer and focused, he doesn’t dive, he’s not screaming at opponents, teammates or the ref and he’s just so much more effective as a footballer.

The talent is there, but it’s like he needs a mental coach to help him chill the feck out and just focus on what he’s good at.

It’s for exactly that reason I don’t think we’re doing him any favours naming him as captain. We’d be better off giving that to Casemiro and letting him focus on just playing his own game for a while.

antk

Wonder if he really thinks he should have gotten a pen for his awful dive. Absolutely deluded.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Lets be real, he's a massively dislikeable player. Absolute fecking whingebag and a diver but we tolerate it because he plays for us.

Canagel

Let's not forget this is a player that bragged about scoring a penalty in a 1-6 defeat, he is one of the most shameless players I've ever seen.

AshRK

He had a decent worldcup, probably Portugal's best player but he needs to start winning trophies now. It seems he doesn't walk the talk. Statements like these make him a sore loser.

Abraxas

What he's saying is so childish it's actually pretty amusing. Like a kid on the playground.

That's Bruno though. He's always been petulant on the pitch, I don't think he's about to change anytime soon! This is not a youngster we're talking about.

Pscholes18

What a muppet comment....seriously he has improved a bit under TH but would give a shit if he left. He's crap more times than not.

Stig

The most frustrating thing with Bruno, is that when he relaxes and cuts out the frantic shit he is ten times the player.

There are some footballers who need to play on the edge to get the best out of them. They need that fire and bitterness within to really shine. Keane was definitely one and I suspect Martinez is another.

With Bruno, it feels like he thinks he needs to be that player, and he works himself up into a frenzy, but it only makes him worse. The games where he looks calmer and focused, he doesn’t dive, he’s not screaming at opponents, teammates or the ref and he’s just so much more effective as a footballer.

The talent is there, but it’s like he needs a mental coach to help him chill the feck out and just focus on what he’s good at.

It’s for exactly that reason I don’t think we’re doing him any favours naming him as captain. We’d be better off giving that to Casemiro and letting him focus on just playing his own game for a while.
The focus thing. At the anthems the England team were all staring hard into nothing getting themselves hyped and focused. Mbape was just smiling and calm, not a care in the world.

Different strokes for different folks and Bruno doesn't do well with the super intensity.

Mindhunter

I’m with Bruno. There shouldn’t be a referee from a country that’s still in the competition, there’s a clear potential for bias.
He is talking out it his arse. If that was a rule to be followed then Indian referees should have officiated all the group stage matches.

It is highly disparaging to question someone’s integrity without any proof or evidence.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Portugal played badly but I agree they should have picked a different ref. They have no shortage for it.

Godfather

If we didn't have Lisandro Martinez I wouldn't give two shits about these comments. Now they leave a bitter taste. What worries me more are Bruno's performances when it really matters though. Did he ever have a good performance in a really big game for us or Portugal?

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Wonder if he really thinks he should have gotten a pen for his awful dive. Absolutely deluded.
He spent the next 5 mins harassing the referee about it. Next level of delusion.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Very hard to sympathise with a team when they were not good enough to score a goal in 100 minutes of football. If Portugal were good enough to take the game to extra time, they would have had 30 minutes against 10 men after the supposedly biased ref sent a Maroccan off late in the match.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
He is talking out it his arse. If that was a rule to be followed then Indian referees should have officiated all the group stage matches.

It is highly disparaging to question someone’s integrity without any proof or evidence.
If the ref was from England or France he might have a case.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
What a strange comment by Bruno. What happened to the trite apologies that he used to trot out when United were getting embarrassed by Watford and Brentford?

JeffFromHK

Not sure if a cultural thing, but I got an impression that many Portuguese and Latin American players are sore bitter losers, even though they got great passion on the pitch.