Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
lock this thread, this is another PR special from Woodward and the board designed to placate the fans.
Every loss is the same shit from Ed. He must think he is dealing with children who still believe his horse shit
On the contrary its only children that would seriously believe that they would leak transfer targets because they believe it will change any public feeling.

AneRu

Yesterday we were definitely signing Van De Beek this winter. The day before that and we were definitely signing Boubakary Soumare. The day before that it was 100% Eriksen. Today Bruno.

The reality is that we're not signing anyone this winter unless it's some unheard of kid. Money will be saved for summer signings.
The problem with unimaginative suits running transfer policy and a manager who is simply happy to be in the building. Buying Fernandes and Soumare/another could solve our midfield issues which could boost our chances of a top 4 finish or glory in the EL.

Come summer we maybe sell Pogba and buy a proper DM, forward and LB meaning that we won't have to bed in five new players at once or fail to complete adequate transfer business. If we somehow finish top 4 or win the EL we avoid losing money on the Adidas deal, win more prize money and lift the feeling of doom encompassing the club right now all of which will make conducting summer transfer business easier.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Imagine if Ole signed him to appease the fans and he turned out to be proper shit.

AneRu

I think this accurately describes the dilemma the club has at the moment. Average is better than poor, and Fernandes is most likely better than our existing options at number 10, but if he isn't great then its not worth throwing away £50m+ on him. Its better to wait for the ones that we feel could be great, even if that will hurt us this season.
Next year Leicester are going to the Champions League and he is their prized asset so expect them to demand upwards of what we paid for Maguire. Is Maddison really worth £120m or £70m more than Fernandes? Is he as sure a thing as Sancho? I think both players have question marks over their words wrt to value for money.

Fernandes can provide things that we need right now and we aren't paying an outrageous amount for him. Waiting for Maddison till the summer has no guarantees because he could reject us because of CL football whilst Fernandes could help us attain that. I think we are placing far too much weight and hope on Maddison which could leave us empty handed.

SAFMUTD

Not sure how genuine are links are, but for a player putting up some such consistent numbers as he is, coupled with his age and buy out cost, which is isn't excessively high, I'm not sure why there isn't more interest in him from bigger clubs.
I find it strange as well, really there must be something the clubs are seeing that we don’t, he even has leadership skills.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Sometimes feel like the forum could run the club better!

all jokes aside though I think because he likes the players he wanted to let them show what they have - he obviously believed in them, but they just can’t show it when it matters.

as we know Lingard has personally been a big disappointment, perhaps we never did look beyond him being “wasteful” with the ball, but watching him it’s clear that he just likes a killer pass similar to KDB. That isn’t bad as long as you get plenty of output also.
Agree about Lingard: when he does a good match, he really plays beautifully. The problem is consistency. But I think we can keep him as an impact sub or for team rotation. The real problem is that we don't have reliable players for several positions and that takes its toll.

Hawks2008

Next year Leicester are going to the Champions League and he is their prized asset so expect them to demand upwards of what we paid for Maguire. Is Maddison really worth £120m or £70m more than Fernandes? Is he as sure a thing as Sancho? I think both players have question marks over their words wrt to value for money.

Fernandes can provide things that we need right now and we aren't paying an outrageous amount for him. Waiting for Maddison till the summer has no guarantees because he could reject us because of CL football whilst Fernandes could help us attain that. I think we are placing far too much weight and hope on Maddison which could leave us empty handed.
Yeah I agree, we should be aggressive in recruiting players who can improve the team instead of waiting for players to come running especially if as you say they are not a sure thing.

There are lots of players who can improve us, I feel a Bruno would be decent and far more attainable than Maddison even as soon as January.
A few additions in this window and we can salvage the season, without it we will likely be in a worse position to attract players and what then?

Last year we didn't get Sancho and the forum was all "don't sign anyone else we'll just wait for him" and with the way our season is going we might not even be able to bring him aboard anyway.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

You make a decent argument, and you might well be spot on.

I think anytime you are paying north of £50m for a player it opens up potentially enormous complications for any club. We are talking 10% of the annual revenue generated by a monster of a football club in United. Not profit - revenue. For one players transfer fee. Double it with the salary and other associated costs over the course of the contract. Its mind-boggling really - such a gamble to take. We are seeing right now at United what can happen when you make more wrong decisions than right ones. It will set a club back years.

We all have our opinions on players, but its nothing compared to the due diligence work that clubs are doing. I have my doubts about Maddison and there is no way anyone pays that much for him, but what do I know? What do any of us know? Nothing really.

Transfers like Dan James represent very little risk. It doesn't work, and he is still a young player that has United on his CV and so we should be getting most of our money back. As it is he has been a moderate success and his worth has increased. There is a potential big value player in there if he fulfils his potential. Big upside, very little downside, but of course we can't do all of our business at that price point. We have to take some risks sometimes. If Fernandes comes here for £50m+ and flops, what do we do with him? If he is better than a flop but not outstanding, then we might keep him but we still need to spend again in that position.

We are 3 for 3 under Ole's tenure so far, and the wage bill is being reduced to a more reasonable level. He (with Woodward) has done a better job in the last 12 months than most people give him credit for. Results are inconsistent but he has done some excellent work with the squad. I believe he knows exactly what type of players we need, and exactly what type of characters the club is lacking, and I am way more confident giving him money to spend than I was with any of our previous 3. If Fernandes is on the shortlist and for a price that we can be comfortable with then I have no doubts that they will sign him. However, if the view is that Sancho or Maddison or whoever else they view as a more certain success WILL come here in the summer then its better that we wait.

Time will tell

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Yeah I agree, we should be aggressive in recruiting players who can improve the team instead of waiting for players to come running especially if as you say they are not a sure thing.

There are lots of players who can improve us, I feel a Bruno would be decent and far more attainable than Maddison even as soon as January.
A few additions in this window and we can salvage the season, without it we will likely be in a worse position to attract players and what then?

Last year we didn't get Sancho and the forum was all "don't sign anyone else we'll just wait for him" and with the way our season is going we might not even be able to bring him aboard anyway.
Supporters are fickle. If we make the right signings in the summer and get off to a good start next season anything that happens this season will be forgotten very quickly.

dev1l

Apparently the biggest issue with Bruno is that no club is convinced he s worth the 70m Sporting are asking for him.

Judas

Open to offers
Supporters are fickle. If we make the right signings in the summer and get off to a good start next season anything that happens this season will be forgotten very quickly.
Well yeah its only natural that positive progress brings forgiveness. If we get it right in the summer and start next season well, why wouldn't people be happier.

LuckyScout78

Bruno. Then 2 more to go.

Kristoffer Olsson. Krasnodar - nr.8&6 - 15 -20 £, plus add on if he is regular starter helping United getting top in his first whole season

And Federico Chiesa - Fiorentina - 50 -60 mill £

If United get all those 3 in this window. United will not rely on Pogba creative and attacking ability anymore. Then Pogba can leave in the summer. If the right good bid come in.

Chiesa/James - Olsson/Fernandes/Pogba - McTom/Olsson/Fred - Chiesa/James/Rashford +

Fernandes/Chiesa/Greenwood + Martial/Rashford

Enough creative in Chiesa, Olsson, Fernandes, Martial and Rashford. And if United can get Sancho too in the summer. The future will look bright.

Fernandes is sharp and determination infront of goal. If he get some space and time in opponents box. It will be a big big he will score. The boy is clinical infront of goal. But he is only a nr.10 and 8 = It mean you buy him for offensive and attacking ability. Not doing nr.6 dcm job. Kristoffer Olsson, a allround cm can do a nr.6, but not Fernandes.

So beside Fernandes. You get to buy Olsson and Chiesa too. 3 creative and skillful players in Fernandes, Martial and Rashford might be not enough. You have to add two more creative players in Olsson and Chiesa. End up with 5 creative and skillful players. Then one of two injuries of them will not hurt and weakened you so much.

It is not always easy to open up tight defenders and parking bus. 3 creative players is ok number. If all of those 3 the max level on the matchday. But if you add 2 more. 2 whose are on same levels. Olsson and Chiesa. I can promise. It will be too much to handle for most parking bus team in premier league.

All of Fernandes, Olsson and Chiesa are quick and skillful players. Aggressive and good in small areas. Not world class all of those 3. But together with Rashford and Martial. United will have a really good attacking force in the years to come.

You can’t bring on Fernandes. Then two others players that are not on same or been able to play quick football. Football is a teamsport. Fernandes success depend two more players after him. A RW/Winger and Olsson cm kind of player.

So thumb up for Fernandes from me. If you add two more same quality players after him of course. Pogba is still here. But he is so much injury and his motivation. So not sure i will count on Pogba contribution from now to the end of season. Pogba contribution is just a bonus from now on. United can’t rely on a top class, who is not playing..by longtime injury.
So Fernandes, Olsson and Chiesa. It will give United more strings to play on in the years to come. Not taking Pogba and Sancho into counting yet. First steps are Bruno, Olsson and Chiesa. S Lisboa, Krasnodar and Fiorentina. Not biggest clubs in Europe. They are realistic targets.

Full bodied red

Now that it's clear that Ericson isn't interested in us, I think we're probably waiting ( or hoping ) for Villa to get relegated and then we would be able to persuade Grealish to come to OT.

Must say I'm with the others on here - Grealish isn't fantastic but just better than Lingard and Pereira and Mata and Garner and Gomez and Chong.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The major reason Fernandes was linked so continually last summer through certain sections of the press (home and abroad) was reportedly on the basis that a certain Mr Paul Pogba would leave Manchester for Juve or Madrid.

Makes me wonder then,if this does come to fruition and Fernandes does actually end up signing on the dotted line for us, whether this will pave the way for Paul Pogba to leave in the summer.

Raiola would certainly hope so.
The moment the Portuguese international lands on these shores,Paul Pogba's notorious agent will be happily leaking news left,right and centre regarding his clients future.
Heck,some of the rumours will easily write themselves in this regard.

The benefits of getting Fernandes bedded into the club and Manchester will benefit the clubs longterm set-up and future,more so if Pogba were to leave in the summer.

What a potential move for Fernandes means for the likes of strongly rumoured United targets Grealish and Maddison is up for debate,though.

Somehow i think we will really sign him this time. Perhaps in preparation for Pogba leaving in the summer
Snap!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Duncan Castles saying he's been offered to United.

Last edited:

Suv666

BS
If we wanted him, we would have signed him in the summer.

RedDevilUnited369

This is not happening.

But what’s more concerning is if Ole did go watch him is why this late? Surely a decision should have been made before the window opened?

RedCurry

BS
If we wanted him, we would have signed him in the summer.
To be fair, we have shown to dilly dally in the market only to go for the same player in the subsequent windows. See Herrera, Shaw, Maguire.

Nick7

To be fair, we have shown to dilly dally in the market only to go for the same player in the subsequent windows. See Herrera, Shaw, Maguire.
Shaw? Were we interested in him in 2013? I thought the rumours started popping in the second half of the season that Moyes was interested in bringing him in in the summer.

tjb

Ole scouted him...its probably happening

romufc

But what’s more concerning is if Ole did go watch him is why this late? Surely a decision should have been made before the window opened?
Yes, Ole should go and watch players while we have a fixture every 3 days. great logic.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This is the new Gaitan. Portuguese rags trying to sell papers.

RedCurry

Shaw? Were we interested in him in 2013? I thought the rumours started popping in the second half of the season that Moyes was interested in bringing him in in the summer.
I somehow remember us being interested in Baines in summer 2013, realized that ain't happening, reports came that we were interested in Shaw for Jan 2013 but didn't sign him until summer 2014. Maybe my memory isn't serving me well here. The point was, just because we didn't sign a player last window doesn't mean we won't sign him this window.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The most obvious signing of all time. Just fecking do it.

Nick7

I somehow remember us being interested in Baines in summer 2013, realized that ain't happening, reports came that we were interested in Shaw for Jan 2013 but didn't sign him until summer 2014. Maybe my memory isn't serving me well here. The point was, just because we didn't sign a player last window doesn't mean we won't sign him this window.
Oh yeah I was just interested to know if I was forgetting something.

Status
Not open for further replies.