Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Great news, incentive based transfer fees and I'm assuming his contract is heavy on performance bonuses with the reported figures flying around. Perfect for this type of transfer as we don't know how we will handle the step up to a much tougher league but I have a feeling that he is going to hit the ground running.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Spurs went for Lo Celso last summer in preference to Fernandes … so it will be interesting to see how the latter gets on in the Prem.
Jose went for ManUnited four years ago in preference to Spurs ... so it will be interesting to see how the latter get on with him, enjoy Jose

Cliche Guevara

Spurs went for Lo Celso last summer in preference to Fernandes … so it will be interesting to see how the latter gets on in the Prem.
Aw no, are you back here doing this again?

It was well documented by Sporting that they knocked back the Spurs offer as it contained laughable add-ons including winning the Premier League and Champions League.

Spurs then signed the cheaper fall-back options. Just give it up mate.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What number? 18? 11? 7?
16 apparently - 1 of his ex team mates put up a photshop of him with a half half shirt.

bruno was 8 at Sporting, and it showed the number 6 on the end of the united shirt. I believe the only lowest free number we have is 16 at present. (with Rojo leaving)

Smores

The end of Lingard does cometh

If he performs as we hope he's going to have a big impact on our performances. Might even save Ole his job for another season

Jezpeza

Hope this crosses the finish line. Despite everything else, AWB, James, Maguire and Fernandes represent a positive upturn in recruitment in my opinion

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Fernandes - post summer:

"Tottenham … was the only one I agreed to talk with, because there were other clubs that didn't interest me or whose project was not up to my expectations. Tottenham fit into everything I wish I had at that moment"
Why are you even in this thread?

SER19

Hope this crosses the finish line. Despite everything else, AWB, James, Maguire and Fernandes represent a positive upturn in recruitment in my opinion
Fully agree. Plus the improvement of rashford and Fred and emergence of Williams.

Rojofiam

16 apparently - 1 of his ex team mates put up a photshop of him with a half half shirt.

bruno was 8 at Sporting, and it showed the number 6 on the end of the united shirt. I believe the only lowest free number we have is 16 at present. (with Rojo leaving)
Wears 16 for Portugal as well.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
If this guy is meant to be the Pogba replacement it will all end in the tears. Still not convinced in him as a player. We shall see though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

We have 7 and 11 available too.

Okey

Strange one that. I'm guessing they went for the cheaper option. I've never rated Lo Celso, and he's yet to change my mind. Their comparative stats over the last 2 seasons suggest him and Fernandes don't even belong in the same conversation.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Was there any plane tracking? :drool:

Always the best part of a Caf transfer thread.

redcafe_reader

This is a great deal for us. In my opinion, the way Ole wants us to play is clear and I like it, but his blind love toward Lingard really screw him, so now with Bruno I think we will see a different United. That's a shame we don't have Rashford or Pogba right now.

Snafu17

It's not an official picture. Some fan probably just made using the Portugal shirt (he wears 16 for them) and the player shared it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think we need to upgrade from Lindelof much more than DM at this point. Perhaps we have that guy currently on the squad, maybe not. For me, Lindelof, Shaw and Pogba all need to go. I’d like upgrades in this order...RW, CB, LB, a replacement for Pogba who is durable and is committed to working hard for the club, and someone to push Martial at the 9. I actually like the depth we have at DM with any of Fred, McTominay or Matic able to step in there, though Matic shouldn’t be back next year. Pogba is obviously a talented player, but he’s injured a lot, including soft tissue injuries which can occasionally indicate dehydrated or undertrained muscle. Guys that party a lot can end up with chronic muscle strains. With Pogba looking around in the preseason, and his well documented extracurricular activities, I don’t think the club can count on him to lead this team game in and game out. Martial has had a decent year, but I do think this an area we should look to improve...unless they ultimately want Mason to be the guy to push him. As for LB, count me as one of the Brandon Williams fanboys. I think he’s the long term solution there, but I’d like to see United add a veteran to push him, and if he’s not ready, own the position until he is.
I think shaw is the veteran who’s going to push Williams for better or worse. I wouldn’t mind at all if shaw left at this stage. Does pogba party a lot? I thought he doesn’t drink?

Greck

This is a great deal for us. In my opinion, the way Ole wants us to play is clear and I like it, but his blind love toward Lingard really screw him, so now with Bruno I think we will see a different United. That's a shame we don't have Rashford or Pogba right now.
Having now gotten four first teamers we can only hope whatever he's trying to implement starts showing cos I haven't seen any such style if I'm being honest

Status
Not open for further replies.