Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I dunno man, if anyone can get swept up in the moment on twitter it's Rio. If this is anywhere near done (or at all happening), I imagine will get a flurry of tweets from English journos in the next few hours.
There’s no way Rio is sitting on twitter or redcafe looking at rumours like the rest of us :lol:

He’s obviously well connected with the club and football in general, he never usually randomly does tweets like that either. I get being cautious but this is a slam dunk.

Chairman Steve

Well at least this time it’s English press reporting it. Portuguese press is seemingly about as reliable as Daily Star.

poleglass red

Actually looks/feels legit this time imo. Still think hes more of a goalscoring mid than a passing mid that we need, but feck it anyone at this point. Also definitely feel like the priority should be a Carrick type. But I guess we need both desperately.
I typically hate stats but aren't his assists pretty high as well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wonder if we will give them Gomes with a buy back clause?

choccy77

Everyone is gonna be very disappointed, when you realise this is the Fernandes we are signing!

Fernandes

Our new partner :houllier:

Walters_19_MuFc

I just don't get it, yes it would be a great signing but why the hell didn't we do it in the summer when he no doubt would have been cheaper? This damn club
It's clear we haven't got the quality needed in midfield, but maybe Ole wanted give players time to see if he could improve them like he's done with Fred, for example. That, and the amount of injuries we have seems to have forced his hand. That said, nothing has been confirmed so I won't be getting excited until this is official. That's if the deal does go through, of course.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Hopefully he's better than our last few transfers from the Portuguese league if true. But why wasn't it done in the summer if we were interested.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Is Bruno an 8 or a 10??
He plays as the most offensive in a midfield 3 for Sporting, he stays high up. 32 goals and 18 assists last season there, and so far 13 goals and 13 assists. Under Ole he would probably play as a 10 which is not much different.

He's got a bit of bite about him, he received 16 yellow cards last season, he already has 9 this season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Two questions:

1) How good is he really?

2) Given the talk in the summer was that he's someone who would take Pogba's place, would signing him be another indicator that Pogba will be gone in the summer?

redshaw

There’s no way Rio is sitting on twitter or redcafe looking at rumours like the rest of us :lol:

He’s obviously well connected with the club and football in general, he never usually randomly does tweets like that either. I get being cautious but this is a slam dunk.
Sure I remember Rio tweeting in the summer, possibly regarding Dybala or De Ligt.

Confident Bruno is signing though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I typically hate stats but aren't his assists pretty high as well.
I'd probably throw it in the stats arent everything column? Also a big thing with looking at stats mainly for players in that league is how big of a difference there are with the best players/teams and the league average.

Nick7

Not every signing needs to be a world beater in all honesty. If he's better than whoever he replaces in the first team then it's a good signing.
That my view. He’s a Lingard replacement if we sign him and my granny would be an upgrade of his recent form.

Canagel

Refuse to believe this until the Italians get on it (Romano, Di Marzio..)

Slevs

likes to play with penises
If this means we see less of Lingard then I'm all for it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Underwhelming. A squad player.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
According to them he was signed in the Summer.
The Italians were adamant that we are going to sign him last summer. We didn’t
They said we were close as far as I recall, but neither said it was a done dealio. Could well have been right too if this is anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.