Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
By the looks of it, people are so excited. Understand we are desperate but point is he have had a very weird career. We are not signing a young player to give him enough time. He is expected to make an immediate impact .

Also, he is a pure goal scoring attacker. He is average in any other position.

Also,dont get deceived by numbers he did in that league. Dost is a regular scorer in that league.

How many attacking players has come from that league and made an instant impact ? That being said, he is the best we can get in January. Hope he is a huge success here.
Watch much of Sporting?

RyRy11

What changed since Summer?

a) Raised £75m for sale of Lukaku and frees up additional £200K in wages

b) Likelihood Pogba will not be at club next season/play much until the end of the season

c) Terrible form of Lingard and Mata conforming they’re not even capable of being squad players

All of that being said, something doesn’t add up with Fernandes. Why aren’t better teams than us interested and why is still playing in the Portuguese league at 25 if he’s THAT good?
Hes probably not THAT good just better than JLingz and Mata

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Joao Moutinho played in Portugal until he was 27 and at 33 he is still good enough to walk into our first team, rumours incluiding many of him coming to Utd circled each window but nothing ever came, I guess sometimes many factors collide and things just don't happen, especially if a player is content where they are.
Christ Moutinho is on his last legs as a pro and he’s younger than me. Think I can safely say the dream of being a pro is over.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yup. Every major Portuguese news outlet. Simon Stone has said his BBC colleague has verified those sources and their officials are indeed meeting our own in London. Sky Sports are reporting it and, of course, Rio is in on the action.
ohh. Cheers, Ivaldo.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I assume Rio is sending wholesome DM's to Brunos instagram account, with a cheeky smile and a "come here" nod.

Honestly, i am undecided on this one. I just don't think Bruno Fernandes is that good. But I will admit he is a serious threat shooting outside the 16m box and on free kicks.

But right now our injury situation and players like Lingard who have gone from being decent to Phil Jones level. And Phil Jones having to play CB, despite being the worst player ion the club, has made me become willing to just sign anyone that might be good. Our Midfield is one of the weakest in the Premier League right as of today with the players we have available and the form they are in. And that is terrifying.

Infestissumam

I don't know if Bruno Fernandes is "that good", but when your two best midfielders are out injured and your top option for the 10 spot is Jesse freaking Lingard, you have to take your chances. It's a bit of a panic buy, but that's what you get for horrible asset management.

Tiber

5 goals in 5 Europa League games this season is some record for a midfielder

Still need a another midfielder though even if we sign him

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
5 goals in 5 Europa League games this season is some record for a midfielder

Still need a another midfielder though even if we sign him
Yep. People say the Portuguese league is poor but he’s scored against some good teams in the Europa, scored against Liverpool in pre season.

it’s fair to say if he gets the chance to shoot he’s going to score goals.

if he can control the ball and create better than Lingard or pereira he’s worth every penny.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Player breakdown?

one and two touch?
combination play?
through balls?
touch?
technique?
ambidexterity?
dribbling?
balance?
strength?
Shooting?
stamina?
off the ball movement?
defensive contributions (tracking back)
pressing ability?
speed/acceleration?
mobility?

Can one of you muppets indulge me?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I can think of one expensive midfielder he can replace

@Rozay
Probably never seen a minute of him I suspect. But by all means, offer Sporting Lisbon a swap for Pogba and Bruno. I guess they would be against it as they already have the superior player right?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Player breakdown?

one and two touch?
combination play?
through balls?
touch?
technique?
ambidexterity?
dribbling?
balance?
strength?
Shooting?
stamina?
off the ball movement?
defensive contributions (tracking back)
pressing ability?
speed/acceleration?
mobility?

Can one of you muppets indulge me?
Watch a YouTube video and you will also be an expert.

ParksLife81

Be a very nice signing. I'd feel sorry for him if he was the only one though. No midfielder on his own will solve the issues at the moment playing with the likes of Matic, Perriera and Fred.

Fernandes, Pogba and McTominay could make for a good midfield however. Got a lot of very good elements.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

b) Likelihood Pogba will not be at club next season/play much until the end of the season

c) Terrible form of Lingard and Mata conforming they’re not even capable of being squad players

All of that being said, something doesn’t add up with Fernandes. Why aren’t better teams than us interested and why is still playing in the Portuguese league at 25 if he’s THAT good?
We aren't 'THAT good' either ... we are shopping at our level!

fergiesarmy1

Probably never seen a minute of him I suspect. But by all means, offer Sporting Lisbon a swap for Pogba and Bruno. I guess they would be against it as they already have the superior player right?
I’ve seen him play pal he would be the best midfielder we have got within 2 weeks, pogba won’t go there obviously cause of his social media career.

Withnail

We weren't interested in the summer either.

He's not the Messiah as some would have you believe.

This had got panic buy written all over it

Infestissumam

to be fair, I don't think they could sign any first team player this summer without him being labeled "panic buy" by a lot of people. Still better to bring in players like Bruno than sit on our hands and just watch the ship go down.

Caesar2290

The way I see it is Pogba is leaving and Ole isn't happy with Lingard. That means we need 1, potentially 2 creative mids.

We probably went for Grealish and Maddison. We got a firm "no" on both ends at least right now because it's the middle of the season.

Since we need able bodies right now our board decided to pull the trigger on plan B which is good old Bruno.

I still believe we will try to sign Grealish during the summer transfer window. That lad has United written all over him. Maddison looks more like a Bale/Owen type of player. Something tells me he'll end up at Barca/Real or City.

dasty

By the looks of it, people are so excited. Understand we are desperate but point is he have had a very weird career. We are not signing a young player to give him enough time. He is expected to make an immediate impact .

Also, he is a pure goal scoring attacker. He is average in any other position.

Also,dont get deceived by numbers he did in that league. Dost is a regular scorer in that league.

How many attacking players has come from that league and made an instant impact ? That being said, he is the best we can get in January. Hope he is a huge success here.
Jimenez flopped in that league but is thriving in PL. In fact, Wolves who consists of mostly players from that "inferior" league you refer to is only 1 point behind us in the league and is also a team that we have failed to beat or even match in multiple attempts.

Every single person who watches the Portuguese League thinks that he is the undisputed best player of the league, even fans from fierce rivals.

arthurka

That really came out of the blue.. No one could have seen that coming.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Jimenez flopped in that league but is thriving in PL. In fact, Wolves who consists of mostly players from that "inferior" league you refer to is only 1 point behind us in the league and is also a team that we have failed to beat or even match in multiple attempts.

Every single person who watches the Portuguese League thinks that he is the undisputed best player of the league, even fans from fierce rivals.
Agreed. Everybody creams themselves over mourinho who only ever looked fairly average for sporting and wasn’t exactly a star at Monaco either.

the PL suits athletic players, but people who can control the ball and pass quickly will always thrive.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’ve seen him play pal he would be the best midfielder we have got within 2 weeks, pogba won’t go there obviously cause of his social media career.
Okay. And you don’t come across as someone who watches Portuguese football. Not enough blood, thunder and badge thumping. And to imply that Bruno is better than Pogba only underlines that you have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.