Bruno Fernandes - Sir Matt Busby player of the year

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Beat me to it! Unbelievable achievement.

Mickson

For me, you cannot, per definition, be player of the year when you only play from February and onwards. Great season, no doubt. But for me it's Rashford or Martial.

CG1010

Here is to another player of the year award in 2020-21 season. This time Premier League player of the year award :devil:

saivet

Martial and Rashford were more deserving in my opinion, but Bruno has largely been good since he came in.

Rajma

For me, you cannot, per definition, be player of the year when you only play from February and onwards. Great season, no doubt. But for me it's Rashford or Martial.
You can when you've absolutely been a catalyst in turning our season's fortunes around the way he did.

EwanI Ted

Contentious. He was our best player while he was here. Personally though, I don't think you can consider someone as the best player over a whole season when they missed 2/3 of it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
For me across the whole season it was Martial - but Bruno more than deserves the recognition too.

This is only the fans vote so i'm sure one of Martial/Rashford/Fred will take the other trophy.

YAMS49

Just shows how much influence he had. Changed our whole team mentality apparently single handedly. What a player. Plus he takes a mean penalty.

stu_1992

Congratulations to him. Its impossible to deny the impact he had on our team. I do agree it's a bit weird with him playing half a season at most. But i wouldn't deny him the award on that alone.

DevilRed

Difficult to remember a player that had such a profound immediate impact at the club. Not just on the pitch but off the pitch as well.

As close as it comes to the king.

Spaghetti

Mom's
For those saying Rashford because Bruno “only played half of the season”:
- Rashford started the season very slowly and was possibly the most criticised on here.
- He missed a couple of months injured.
- He did very little post lockdown.

Yes, he had a great spell from Oct-Jan, but his “great spell” was shorter than Bruno’s.

I don’t think we can really argue with this award.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
For those saying Rashford because Bruno “only played half of the season”:
- Rashford started the season very slowly and was possibly the most criticised on here.
- He missed a couple of months injured.
- He did very little post lockdown.

Yes, he had a great spell from Oct-Jan, but his “great spell” was shorter than Bruno’s.

I don’t think we can really argue with this award.
Christ, as a 21/22 year old he managed 22 goals and 11 assists and even more shocking is that he plays better in his best position.

Just look at how poor the inconsistent injury-prone Rashford was last season.

Adamsk7

Deserved. He changed our season, end of.

I hope Martial gets the other one (is it players or manager’s?) because of his consistency and improvement in the no.9 role.

ForeverRed1

normally I would completely agree with you .. but this guy literally changed our whole season. The catalyst for us reaching top 4, changed the whole attitude and morale of the team. Made everyone step up a notch. Gave everything and looked like he had been here years. Wears the shirt like he understands what it means. We wouldn’t of done it without him. Totally deserved. Love him so much:devil:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bruno definitely deserved to win. Before he arrived we were heading for a Moyes-esque 7th place.

Not only was Bruno brilliant, he also elevated everyone around him. Martial et al seem to love playing with him.

Mainoldo

Martial should have won. But I’m not shocked or surprised.

Well done Bruno.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
People are losing the plot this summer as it is. Imagine how bad it would have been had we not signed Bruno.

ZupZup

Martial should have won... he’d also likely benefit more than Bruno would from the confidence boost.

pascell

Can't get anymore proof than this, that when you back the manager in signing the right calibre of players, it's elevates the team to a new level.

OldTrevil

Sir Matt B. POTY, brought to you by your trusted names in news: the BBC, Sky Sports and ESPN... but I digress, well done Bruno! Keep putting away them pens! :lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Class act....slightly overstated how good he’s been though. Until lockdown he was great, when we first came back he was also but his form fell off a cliff at the end, so did everyone’s to be fair bar Martial....who would be my vote by a distance.

El Zoido

Martial was the most consistent high level performer we had all season. Bruno really transformed the mentality of the team though, even if you ignore his many goal contributions he’s had a profound effect.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Congrats to Bruno. Should’ve been Martial, though.

Red00012

Rashford played until January , debatable what he was doing post covid break.

Martial should have got it.

El Zoido

Rashford played until January , debatable what he was doing post covid break.

Martial should have got it.
But as per the data posted above, even when he was supposedly garbage he was still averaging a goal involvement in almost every game. Sign of a good player when they still post good numbers despite being off form.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Seeing as it's a popularity contest it's no surprise.

For actual performances, Martial was the clear winner.