g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick08

And let's not forget he tapered his spending last season somewhat since he didn't trust Jose.
Funny he gave him a new contract 5 months earlier and did not discuss transfer targets for next summer.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why? We have so many revenue streams outside of Champions League money. Ed is a commercial beast.

And let's not forget he tapered his spending last season somewhat since he didn't trust Jose.
Dream land my friend. Ain't happening.

ThinkTank@Cafe

The same people who wanted every player we’ve been linked to then call us shit at negotiating, managing the squad, keeping the wages low, basically at everything we do. They are first to bash Sánchez, Ed, Solskjær, or find another scapegoat. Their estimation of our squad drastically changes from game to game.

They open numerous apocalyptic threads, like to discuss some fantasy politics in United’s hierarchy. Do you guys work? Have ever been in business or social activity? Do you know what is critical thinking and how organizations work? Can you read and think?

If you want both Dybala and Bruno for position where we already have THREE nominal players, can you provide any logical tactical argument consistent with what the manager is doing? I’m not against it, but can some of you bother to give good explanation other than essays on technique, creativity, artistry, whatever pretentious bullshit you prefer?

Revan

Assumptionman
£200m net without CL money to help fund it?Highly unlikely.

It will be Lukaku out and either Bruno or Dybala in. If Pogba leaves (doesn't look likely at all anymore) then we may get both.

No way were we going to solve every single problem area in one summer.
Not sure it is highly unlikely. If we don't strengthen, then we won't get UCL next season too (which means more money lost) and the Adidas clause is forced, which means another 20m+ money lost. If Ed thinks that spending another 60m minimises the chances of not reaching UCL, then it is actually less money lost than not spending that money.

Dr. StrangeHate

Funny he gave him a new contract 5 months earlier and did not discuss transfer targets for next summer.
Jose realised he couldn't beat Guardiola and sabotaged the team to get the sack and compensation. I don't like Ed but Jose does this everywhere and is a master at it.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Abola newspaper reporting front page that Sporting president and Bruno Fernandes have a gentlemen's agreement to allow him to leave AFTER the Supercup game vs Benfica.
Yes, but to where? I'm all caught up in the hype now and want us to sign him

Kostov

Wonder how is the defensive part of Bruno's game? Is he a good tackler/ball winner? Since as I understand he can also play a number 8?

Will Singh

As I said before I think he has everything to succeed in the EPL. Best player Sporting have had in a large amount of years.

Granted If he was to fail (he won’t I am positive) I’ll be here to take the hate and back lash :lol::wenger:

I have had a pretty good track record with players coming from Sporting and Portugal in general on this forum so hopefully he proves me and Sporting right:drool:
Admittedly I've not seen him play enough to judge and YouTube can make a average player a worldie. So what's he best position then? And how and where does he fit into United team??

Ralph1386

If you want both Dybala and Bruno for position where we already have THREE nominal players, can you provide any logical tactical argument consistent with what the manager is doing? I’m not against it, but can some of you bother to give good explanation other than essays on technique, creativity, artistry, whatever pretentious bullshit you prefer?
Dybala plays further down the pitch than Bruno. He’s essentially a number 10 or CF. Bruno is an attacking midfielder and operates from midfield rather than just behind the striker.

Suvvernmanc

Yeah.. how about Bruno and Dybala play different positions?. :houllier:

ThinkTank@Cafe

Yeah.. how about Bruno and Dybala play different positions?. :houllier:
Portuguese caftards who watch Bruno, say he plays 10. Dybala played best in the hole. Are we going to square pegs again? Let’s pretend that Dybala is best as out and out strikers and Bruno is 8 and pair him with PP?

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I'm guessing Bruno is in limbo until the Dybala situation is resolved?

Suvvernmanc

Portuguese caftards who watch Bruno, say he plays 10. Dybala played best in the hole. Are we going to square pegs again? Let’s pretend that Dybala is best as out and out strikers and Bruno is 8 and pair him with PP?
He has played in every attacking position. Striker, second striker, #10, inverted winger, false 9. And his numbers have been good in all positions. (Until Ronaldo became the main man).

Square pegs? We won't be squeezing him into an unknown position will we.! He would be a great option to play alongside Rashford in a 2, or behind as a second striker.

I'm not saying we will get both Bruno and Dybala but I believe we can get both in the lineup, and even Pogba too! Formations are not as rigid as people make out, there is lots of variations and the players adapt as the game develops.

Alot of teams play very deep against us and invite pressure. We need players who can press and keep them pinned back. And then find gaps and holes through them and create goal scoring opportunities. Bruno and Dybala will be great additions in these games. They are made for it.

Rashford Dybala
Bruno
Pogba Andreas
Mctominay

Or

Martial Rashford
Dybala
Pogba Bruno
Mctominay

Both setups are very attacking and when formations like this have been posted on here, they have been attacked for being too Fifa or football manager. But as I said we play against teams that setup defensively, this is when we could setup so defensively, Or when were trailing by a goal and need to score in the last 10 minutes.

Other games against better opposition, one will be dropped and our bench will be stronger, and we'll have much more quality in depth, something that we haven't had due to the mediocre player like Lingard, Fellaini, Lukaku etc stinking the place up. You buy better players which demotes other players to the bench which means you can get rid of the dross. It's what Liverpool and City have been doing and why they are so good. It's about time we spent on quality players and had a squad with ability rather than a squad of players that can 'do a job'.

I literally can't fathom why UTD fans are against buying better players than the shit which we have.

Andersons Dietician

Personally I probably wouldn’t sign both but both can play from the wide right position and tuck inside and since we are using a high press one becomes a forward whilst the other a free 8 with Pogba behind a front 3 with Bissaka pushed up to winger and Luke Shaw tucking in to midfield to put 2 bodies in there whilst Pogba, Bruno and Dybala support Rashford and Martial. If as well we have really squeezed the space and Lindelof and Maguire are pushed up to the halfway line everything is within touching distance of a tactical change if Shaw needs to make it a back 3 or Bissaka needs to drop back.

Normally I hate statman Dave but in this video from day the 2 minute mark he gives pretty good examples of what Ole is currently playing. However like I’ve said if we are buying both of Bruno and Dybala i’d Imagine one is either a bench player which I doubt would be the case. Or we are putting Dybala up top and Fernandes in behind. I really just don’t see the point in both to be honest.

Crashoutcassius

We could sign fernandes and dybala together but why bother. Sign players that fit the system we want to play don't sign players then wedge a diamond around as many number 10s as possible.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Rashford Dybala
Bruno
Pogba Andreas
Mctominay

Or

Martial Rashford
Dybala
Pogba Bruno
Mctominay
I have to post this again and again. We played 4-3-2-1 with double pivot switch on pre-season for a reason. Not diamond. Your Diamond is not realistic against deep sitting teams because it requires wide wingbacks with excellent dribbling, passing and crossing. Our fullbacks played narrowly, did you watch pre-season games?

Rashford and James played wider to utilize the full width of the pitch. Shaw and AWB were underlapping. What is the consequence for your diamond? It’s not Diamond; it turns into 4-3-3 with Bruno as false 9 in the first case, and Dybala in the second. Narrow fullbacks and a DM wasted in deep position makes center overcrowded, short in numbers with no recycling.

4-3-3 is shit against small teams unless you have Xavi-Iniesta or De Bruyne - Silva type of players PLUS wider wingers like Sterling. And Guardiola who picks the teams who are able to provide him required personnel. He is not a genius, he’s smart when he chooses an employer. Ole, on the other hand, is doing a great job, which is exciting to watch. It’s sad, that our fans think they are better than Ole because his profile is worse than theirs in FM!

Diamond 4–4-2 can be used in short pass counter attack (Arsenal last season), but not against small teams.

Dve

I´m a little worried that Fernandes is a tod overestimated and that he might not be the hotshot everyone seems to believe he is. He was alright against Liverpool, but he did nothing that Pereira could not do. See for yourselves:
I was also a bit underwhelmed by him in the national league, and thought he did not quite live up to the hype (losing possession a lot). Personally, I´d rather see United signing Erikson, for the same price.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I´m a little worried that Fernandes is a tod overestimated and that he might not be the hotshot everyone seems to believe he is. He was alright against Liverpool, but he did nothing that Pereira could not do. See for yourselves:
I was also a bit underwhelmed by him in the national league, and thought he did not quite live up to the hype (losing possession a lot). Personally, I´d rather see United signing Erikson, for the same price.
Those highlights are underwhelming to say the least. The pace is so slow and he keeps playing the same lofted ball with his right foot, only to give it away. If not Mignolet being utter trash he wouldn't even have a goal.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I have seen some fecking weird statements in this thread. Fred is better than Herrera, Bruno does nothing that Pereira couldn't do.

reddev3

I´m a little worried that Fernandes is a tod overestimated and that he might not be the hotshot everyone seems to believe he is. He was alright against Liverpool, but he did nothing that Pereira could not do. See for yourselves]

I watched that game and he played better than I have EVER seen Pereira play.

reddev3

I watched that game and he played better than I have EVER seen Pereira play.
EDIT: Herrera is also twice the player Fred is. I'm struggling to think of one great game Fred has played, probably the PSG game? Herrera was class many a time.

Suvvernmanc

I have to post this again and again. We played 4-3-2-1 with double pivot switch on pre-season for a reason. Not diamond. Your Diamond is not realistic against deep sitting teams because it requires wide wingbacks with excellent dribbling, passing and crossing. Our fullbacks played narrowly, did you watch pre-season games?
I've watched every pre season game. Weve played a 4231 not a 4321. Did you watch any of them?

Rashford and James played wider to utilize the full width of the pitch. Shaw and AWB were underlapping. What is the consequence for your diamond? It’s not Diamond; it turns into 4-3-3 with Bruno as false 9 in the first case, and Dybala in the second. Narrow fullbacks and a DM wasted in deep position makes center overcrowded, short in numbers with no recycling.
I said in my previous post that not all formations are rigid and that players move around the pitch differently as the game develops. It seems you are seeing the player positions and formations I had them in and taken them as gospel and for the rigid sistems you seem to think footballers play in. They dont.

City have Bernardo Silva who plays central behind Aguero (even though the broadcaster show it as wide right) with Sterling wide left and david Silva/De Bruyne in the mix.

This is what the broadcasters show.

Sterling Aguero Bernardo
Silva
gundogan Fernandinho

Bernardo drifts around behind the strikers and in midfield positions. Sterling gets in behind the defenders and plays as a left winger. Aguero drops into #10 to allow space in behind.

Do you understand?

It's about getting players to do a job that works best on the pitch. I repeat its not about rigid formations. What i showed does not mean Bruno will play as a false 9 when the 2 up top drift wide. Bruno also plays very deep and is very good at protecting the back 4.

Last edited:

Bestofthebest

Think he would be a massive upgrade on Peirera. Maybe take time for him to settle in but would expect him to become a first team starter. He was lucky with his shot against Pool but you won't score if you don't shoot. Problem for us we have too many players who find it hard to hit the target from outside the box.

tony54

I like Fred's energy but it's not directed to good positional play. Headless chicken about sums Fred up but Im hoping that the coaching staff can get him to direct his energy in a more organised way. Otherwise I think he will get moved on.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You can't do this. It's not an option whether you'd like to see it or not .. whereas Fernandes actually is something you could realistically pull off.

Also, judging players on pre season friendlies is .. bad.

Okey

Can't wait for this blasted Super Cup game to pass so we know where we stand. No news by Monday and we can conclude it ain't happening.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hopefully by Monday we'll know for sure about Dybala, Bruno will be on his way, and Maguire will be confirmed. Could be a good week.

Status
Not open for further replies.