Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

In a 433 you can play with either 2 8's or 2 6's. Pogba would be left AM and Bruno Right AM with somebody else holding. Probably McT.
Do you not think Ole would have used that during pre season if he felt he could potentially use a 433?

He has used a 4231 in all of our games. Cant see him changing now.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
If Utd were interested in Bruno then they would have atleast made a bid for him,but clearly no bid has been made.So i think all rumours are invention from the portuguese press.

Fully Fledged

Do you not think Ole would have used that during pre season if he felt he could potentially use a 433?

He has used a 4231 in all of our games. Cant see him changing now.
I can if we get someone who can play as a goal scoring false 9. He tried that when he first came but didn't have the players to do it.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Aren't Madrid supposed to be signing Van de Beek? Can't see them signing both.

DSG

@SportingCP96

I like the fact that you say he’s a 10. Certainly, his scoring record would indicate he’s a 10.

I just don’t think 10’s exist like they did 20-30 years ago. For me, the last classic 10 was Kaka. Of course, Messi can play a classic 10 whenever he wants, but, besides him I just don’t see a top shelf classic 10 these days.

Bruno reminds me of Lampard a bit. Bags 20+ goals a season because he’s deadly in front of goal, understanding of late runs is impeccable... I don’t know if that is an accurate comparable, I’d like your thoughts.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
@SportingCP96

I like the fact that you say he’s a 10. Certainly, his scoring record would indicate he’s a 10.

I just don’t think 10’s exist like they did 20-30 years ago. For me, the last classic 10 was Kaka. Of course, Messi can play a classic 10 whenever he wants, but, besides him I just don’t see a top shelf classic 10 these days.

Bruno reminds me of Lampard a bit. Bags 20+ goals a season because he’s deadly in front of goal, understanding of late runs is impeccable... I don’t know if that is an accurate comparable, I’d like your thoughts.
So in terms of goal scoring the Lampard comparison is a fair one. Just as you said his understanding of late runs and where the ball will fall is impeccable.

In terms of playstyle he is a bit of a discount KDB and in terms of his potential in the EPL I see him having the ceiling and impact of a Christian Eriksen.

I agree about the Kaka statement btw. He truly was the last real 10. In his prime he was absolutely brilliant.

SportingCP96

Supports
So record say Madrid are in for him. Earlier this week Abola reported Spurs were in for him and now Gazzeta dela sport reporting he is flying to Manchester on Monday :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
i don’t like the fact Mendes is involved now in selling him, I hate that guy.
If I said the things I truly felt about Mendes I think I would get banned ...

Havak

Pokemon master
I'll be really disappointed to miss out on Bruno, but since the Dybala/Lukaku swap has done the rounds I fully expect us to back off. If we do go and get Bruno as well, then I'd be expectant of us selling Pogba this window, unfortunately. I do think Pogba could be off next season though, so I'd like us to get a replacement. Bruno will leave Sporting this Summer, so if he was our Pogba replacement we won't be getting him next year.

SportingCP96

Supports
I am almost certain he is leaving but not sure where.

-85% to United
-10% Spurs
- 2.5% somewhere else
- 2.5% stays at Sporting

DSG

So in terms of goal scoring the Lampard comparison is a fair one. Just as you said his understanding of late runs and where the ball will fall is impeccable.

In terms of playstyle he is a bit of a discount KDB and in terms of his potential in the EPL I see him having the ceiling and impact of a Christian Eriksen.

I agree about the Kaka statement btw. He truly was the last real 10. In his prime he was absolutely brilliant.
Lampard was an 8. I think Bruno can play there. KDB to me is not a totally accurate comp only because KDB scores goals with accuracy. Bruno can hit bombs. KDB is also a brilliant passer of the ball. Lampard more or less made the right pass, was not as brilliant as KDB is as a passer of the ball.

If Bruno reaches 80% of Lampard, he’s an absolute bargain. We paid 50m for Fred!!!

Sadly, I believe that Felix might be the next Kaka. And we missed out.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So Bruno, James, Isco, Kroos,Modric,Casemiro and if Pogba comes then him as well.

Makes perfect sense.:D

SportingCP96

Supports
Lampard was an 8. I think Bruno can play there. KDB to me is not a totally accurate comp only because KDB scores goals with accuracy. Bruno can hit bombs. KDB is also a brilliant passer of the ball. Lampard more or less made the right pass, was not as brilliant as KDB is as a passer of the ball.

If Bruno reaches 80% of Lampard, he’s an absolute bargain. We paid 50m for Fred!!!

Sadly, I believe that Felix might be the next Kaka. And we missed out.
That twat Felix truly does look like he will be a hell of a player. Cnut.

As Nani said though I think Bruno would fit the English game like a glove.

Womp

idiot

Why does that matter now? He isn't your problem anymore, plying his trade in Spain and all. If anything, you should be happy about that now as he's a Portugese international.

AJ10

So record say Madrid are in for him. Earlier this week Abola reported Spurs were in for him and now Gazzeta dela sport reporting he is flying to Manchester on Monday :lol:
If only there was one more club in for him then each team could have a part of .........Bruno Miguel Borges Fernandes.

DSG

Why does that matter now? He isn't your problem anymore, plying his trade in Spain and all. If anything, you should be happy about that now as he's a Portugese international.
Sorry, need to side with @SportingCP96 on this one. It’s not like we celebrate Liverpool players who play for England.

I really hope so, and I hope we get him.

beingshe7don

Dybala plays off the main striker in his best position, so does Bruno, look at the Sporting fan's post below, his success is as a #10, if we sign him it'll be to play in the hole behind either Martial or Rashford, same as Dybala. People thinking he can play where Pogba has been playing alongside McTominay are wrong.
I think Dybala plays in the False 9 position and Bruno is more of a No.8/ 10 role. Bruno is the sort of player who'll track back and offer the defense side to United whereas Dybala plays a little higher up the field and is almost considered the supporting striker. There's a subtle difference.... If we get both Dybala and Bruno, Dybala will be played as an RF or RW whereas Bruno can play as an AM or an RM with Pogba beside him on his left.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I just had a listen of the Calcioland podcast where Amoyal basically doubles down on his earlier claim.

Amoyal says that he's done some digging after being made aware of Sampdoria's sell on clause in Fernandes's transfer from Samp to SCP. He also says he's spoke to journos in Italy who are familiar with the deal and he is almost certain that Fernandes will be heading to Man Utd after the game on Sunday between SCP and SLB.
:drool:

Tel074

i don’t like the fact Mendes is involved now in selling him, I hate that guy.
Mendes is a excellent agent and apparently very good to deal with . Even Ferguson had nice things to say about him.

SportingCP96

Supports
Maybe eventually. If it’s Benfica. Feck em.

Though if he becomes a star ala Bernardo Silva I won’t care much :D:lol:

Devil may care

I think Dybala plays in the False 9 position and Bruno is more of a No.8/ 10 role. Bruno is the sort of player who'll track back and offer the defense side to United whereas Dybala plays a little higher up the field and is almost considered the supporting striker. There's a subtle difference.... If we get both Dybala and Bruno, Dybala will be played as an RF or RW whereas Bruno can play as an AM or an RM with Pogba beside him on his left.
We've been playing 4-2-3-1, I think Ole has a plan, Dybala playing wide is a waste of him, he'll not track back to the level of Bruno or Lingard but ultimately fitting both into the same team would make it disjointed IMO with one of them playing in a position that's not the position to get the best out of them. If I'm wrong then cool, but I firmly believe we'll only buy Bruno if we don't get Dybala and just end up keeping Lukaku.

SinNombre

As I said above don’t let his tracking back fool you which is why that heat map does not mean much in terms of where his position is. I have watched him over 100 games he is a #10.
If he is a 10, surely he is a no-go if Dybala is joining United.

SportingCP96

Supports

Hopefully he gives us one of these vs the SCUM on Sunday :D:D

WPMUFC

At best, we were interested in Fernandes as a last-minute pogba replacement. Now it's all just white noise. We aren't signing him.

Maguire and Dybala will be the end of our window, and then the selling will commence.

hobbers

Gaitan 2.0, still is and always has been.

* Not that he's as mediocre a player as Gaitan is, he's clearly a great player.

croadyman

At best, we were interested in Fernandes as a last-minute pogba replacement. Now it's all just white noise. We aren't signing him.

Maguire and Dybala will be the end of our window, and then the selling will commence.
What makes you so confident that the Dybala deal will get done, personally I am concerned how we are going to get round this issue of him not wanting a 25% salary cut if we miss out on qualifying for the champions league. The other thing to worry about is whether we are willing to meet the agents commission figure as well

croadyman

I am almost certain he is leaving but not sure where.

-85% to United
-10% Spurs
- 2.5% somewhere else
- 2.5% stays at Sporting
What makes you so sure he will be joining Utd after the Super Cup final on Sunday when it has been all pointing towards Spurs these past couple of days.

I noticed you mention in another post that the three Portuguese newspapers are unreliable sources, so who would you say is the best source for Sporting Lisbon news then.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Does anyone really think we’ll splash 200m net to include this guy this transfer window?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Does anyone really think we’ll splash 200m net to include this guy this transfer window?
I do! I think it’s actually necessary. If if if and I really say if Pogba gets injured we don’t have Herrera to start. It ll be either Peirrera or Fred to start alongside Matic or McTominay. That doesn’t give me confidence. We need someone like Bruno who can cover that #8 spot if Pogba is out even though he is primarily an advanced playmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.