Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ Bullet

Does this guy actually exist? Or is he a myth, like Gaitan?
Does anybody actually want him either? Seems like he is available to everyone and the next big thing but nobody around Europe wants him.

Never want to hear the words "Bruno Fernandes" ever again.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Does anybody actually want him either? Seems like he is available to everyone and the next big thing but nobody around Europe wants him.

Never want to hear the words "Bruno Fernandes" ever again.
No one thinks he’s worth 70m. He’s a bangin player though. 40-50m tops

Highfather_24

Would have preferred other players since he is slow and not that great a dribbler with the ball and quite wasteful...

However we need a #10 and he is better than Mata/Lingard so get him in Woodward :(

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I want him and I hope he comes. He will be a good signing for us and a goal threat from midfield.

Red Rash

No one thinks he’s worth 70m. He’s a bangin player though. 40-50m tops
Yea the whole valuation around Bruno I find weird.

We bought an relatively unproven (although I think he is great) AWB for 50 million and Maguire for 80 million.

Based on the number of goals Bruno scored last season I understand why Sporting want so much money. The only real explanation is the strength of the league.

It's an odd situation though because it seems like Bruno wants to move, Sporting are not blocking it but no teams have really gone all in for him.

WR10

We bought an relatively unproven (although I think he is great) AWB for 50 million and Maguire for 80 million.

Based on the number of goals Bruno scored last season I understand why Sporting want so much money. The only real explanation is the strength of the league.

It's an odd situation though because it seems like Bruno wants to move, Sporting are not blocking it but no teams have really gone all in for him.
While the British market is open he is on sale for 70m. He’ll go back to 40/50 after tomorrow. Unfortunately United have set an ugly precedent this window

fergosaurus

Joao Felix going for €126m didn't help in keeping Bruno Fernandes' valuation down. Felix is younger and has more potential obviously but still.

WR10

152m euros for 2 defenders. Why would Sporting sell their best attacking player to us for any less than 70m?

If we don’t cough that up, that’s all good, Bruno seems set to leave anyway and they’ll sell him to the rest of Europe after our window closes.

Mainoldo

152m euros for 2 defenders. Why would Sporting sell their best attacking player to us for any less than 70m?

If we don’t cough that up, that’s all good, Bruno seems set to leave anyway and they’ll sell him to the rest of Europe after our window closes.
Not at 70m they won’t which is why no Prem club wants to do the deal. They are trying a fast one and it’s a joke.

buckooo1978

Sporting are motivated to sell, it's the last day of the window and we were buying English players from English teams which I'd a different market

Mr. Meeseeks

Surely this thread title needs updating as we don’t seem anywhere near close to a deal.

Di Marzio has had a shocker of a summer
To be fair he has been getting things right for other clubs so far. He and Romano were one of the first to break De Ligt to Juventus. What else did he get wrong apart from Bruno?
Bruno. more like BruON
Thats the spirit! BruON Finallyndes

Amarsdd

So you mean if Tottenham were buying him, Sporting would sell Bruno to them for 50m? there might be a lot to blame United, but blaming United for what supposed valuation Sporting put on Bruno is quite a reach.
anyway the two defenders we bought was for what the current market determined for a young english potentially brilliant english defender + premier league experienced english defender at a good age from a club who didn't want to sell

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Joao Felix going for €126m didn't help in keeping Bruno Fernandes' valuation down. Felix is younger and has more potential obviously but still.
Not sure they’re that comparable - different clubs, different situations, different type of player, different ages. Only similarity is they’re both Portuguese playing in Portugal.

Red00012

Hardly unproven when he’s played a year and a half in the PL and has been a revelation.
Sessegnon is unproven.

fergosaurus

Not sure they’re that comparable - different clubs, different situations, different type of player, different ages. Only similarity is they’re both Portuguese playing in Portugal.
The comparison is they played in the same league, Fernandes comfortably outscored and had more assists from a deeper position. I already mentioned the age difference and the fact that Felix would likely be the better player in the long run and the price should reflect that. I don't think Sporting are being that unreasonable with what they want all things considered.

Red Rash

Hardly unproven when he’s played a year and a half in the PL and has been a revelation.
Sessegnon is unproven.
Not suggesting he is completely unproven but a year and a half isn't a lot of time to value someone at 50 million for someone.

Only 21 years old, no England experience, no European experience. He definitely wasn't signed as a proven option ( this is coming from someone who thinks he will be great so not knocking him)

The point is any half decent player these days is going for 50 million plus. We can't expect to pick up someone like Bruno on the cheap because he comes from a perceived weaker league

dasty

The only signing that is currently still possible since Sporting has a set asking price and apparently Bruno really wants to join.

However, we will not make a bid and will panic buy him or another midfielder of equivalent or lesser ability next season for 30m more when we finish out of top 4.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Bruno is begging to join us & fits a mandatory+crucial need at CM.

What in thee feck is Ed/United doing ????

Adamsk7

Can’t believe he’s staying at Sporting! Incredible really. Maybe he’s just not that good, otherwise clubs would be falling over themselves to sign him. 60m in this market for a genuinely good midfielder with goals in him is actually quite reasonable.

arthurka

Him on the market and us needing a cm is just so wrong. There is something really wrong with us ATM.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49275277

No one wants to pay what Sporting are asking.
Paying vastly over the odds for a football player? This sounds like a job for us.

In seriousness it's clear the asking price has cooled interest. We scouted him last year when he was very productive and haven't gone for the kill, quite the opposite if what we've said about our interest being vastly overstated in the media is anything to go by.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can’t believe he’s staying at Sporting! Incredible really. Maybe he’s just not that good, otherwise clubs would be falling over themselves to sign him. 60m in this market for a genuinely good midfielder with goals in him is actually quite reasonable.
You cant? I can. In fact I'd of been more surprised had he actually moved. Gaitan, Garay, Carvalho, all players that every transfer window were leaving Portugal only to stay where they are. No one is going to spend 70m on a player from Portugal with only 1 extraordinary season under his belt (and even then that extraordinary season is in Portugal)

I'll admit the scouting reports on him on here made him sound very good and his stats last season were incredible but I'd imagine he's been scouted by actual experts who have deduced he's not one for right now

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
You cant? I can. In fact I'd of been more surprised had he actually moved. Gaitan, Garay, Carvalho, all players that every transfer window were leaving Portugal only to stay where they are. No one is going to spend 70m on a player from Portugal with only 1 extraordinary season under his belt (and even then that extraordinary season is in Portugal)

I'll admit the scouting reports on him on here made him sound very good and his stats last season were incredible but I'd imagine he's been scouted by actual experts who have deduced he's not one for right now
Atletico...

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Didn’t Pool pay something very similar for a defender and a goalkeeper as well? So how did we set a precedent.

Mark Pawelek

Sessegnon is unproven.
A realistic 25% or even 33%, premium paid ofor PL-proven players explains Maguire and AWB prices.

OK. Scouts say we don't want him at that price. But are these expert scouts unable to find any available midfielders in European leagues who can improve our midfield? Not likely. It looks more like the owners are penny pinching.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Do you think we are apprehensive because of Fred? Maybe buying players for 50 mil in some of these smaller leagues is something they just don’t want to do now.

Mark Pawelek

We haven’t got the money mate.
If we don't have the money we should be building for the long term. That means we need a proper Director of Football. It means we don't buy players over 28 unless they're worldies. So we shouldn't be hearing Mandzukic rumours. If we need a "plan B", then we find a teenager and develop him. Nor should we spend £80m on a centre back when we should buy prospects instead for every position we need to fill.

Or do the owners want to have it both ways? - pretend to compete for top 4 without really trying. Because they need to be seen to meet the needs of sponsors while putting sponsors money in their back pockets.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

He's had 2 very good seasons, obviously his last one was even better than the one before. It's a simple case of Sporting holding out for too much for him and its backfired on them. They well get even less in the next window now.

Status
Not open for further replies.