Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr3yham3

If he goes to Spurs for say, 60m while we have stood back and done nothing but bat our eyelids at Eriksen... sigh...

SATA

It’s very odd that no elite clubs are wanting to sign him. He’s being flogged off everywhere for sale by his club but no one is biting it. I mean is he really good as he looks?

gr3yham3

It’s very odd that no elite clubs are wanting to sign him. He’s being flogged off everywhere for sale by his club but no one is biting it. I mean is he really good as he looks?
It's the prices that Sporting are quoting and I think they are really being foolish about it: any club that bid 35m and is rejected means they have to pay 5m to Bruno and agent. That is almost like a release clause. Any buying clubs will look at that and ask themselves why should they pay the 70m, which is twice of that. Honestly, any bid of 60m should be enough for them but they are being stubborn about it, and have no even got Mendes in to soothe things over which has not worked out so far.

red4ever 79

No I meant peoples meltdown when we don't sign anyone won't be done 5pm tomorrow :lol:

Don't know about loans but we can obviously sell until end of August.
Haha. I get you now. Meltdown will be epic at 17.01pm tomorrow. I am expecting everyone in that Ed thread and the Lukaku one

fergosaurus

why is this thread constantly bumped, are there some hardcore muppets here who believe we'll get him?
The last glimmer of hope is United are playing hardball with Sporting on the price knowing that there's not a lot of interest elsewhere (unless Spurs really are in the frame). We wait until the last minute and offer them a take it or leave it offer. They either accept or pay a player they want to sell €5m and a salary increase.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Haha. I get you now. Meltdown will be epic at 17.01pm tomorrow. I am expecting everyone in that Ed thread and the Lukaku one
Venting is fine but you always get people who can't deal and goes on and on. Actual football starts this weekens so one should look forward to that.

red_de_pologne

The last glimmer of hope is United are playing hardball with Sporting on the price knowing that there's not a lot of interest elsewhere (unless Spurs really are in the frame). We wait until the last minute and offer them a take it or leave it offer. They either accept or pay a player they want to sell €5m and a salary increase.
well that answers my question :lol:

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Its a very odd situation.
I haven't seen much of Bruno, but what I have seen he looks to be a very good, nippy MF, and would be ideal for United.
Would be ideal for a number of other clubs too.

Only explanation I can think of is the confusion surrounding the "release clause" and buying clubs have mistakenly thought that could sign him for £35m, until they discovered that it's not a release clause and the valuation of Bruno is much higher.

fps

Glimmer of hope? I'm not sure this guy is all that, if he was someone would have got him by now. I'd rather we get the right players.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The Patient is a real slow-burner, very underrated. Gorgeous ending.
Aye, and it has very sound advice for United fans during this window and Ole's project generally:

Be patient
Be patient
Be patient
I must keep reminding myself of this...

red4ever 79

Venting is fine but you always get people who can't deal and goes on and on. Actual football starts this weekens so one should look forward to that.
Yes I am stoked. I am living in Czech Republic and there was no announcement who would even have the boradcasting rights until two days ago. Luckily for me it stayed with my current provider. cant way 12 EUR a month for all the matches in HD.

VanGaalEra

He never was. All reporters get stuff wrong. Dunno why people took his word as gospel
Maguire, Dybala and Bruno. He got 2 out of the 3 right, just because Dybala didn't sign it wasn't his fault.

He was correct on Maguire and Dybala, got Bruno wrong though.

fergosaurus

Glimmer of hope? I'm not sure this guy is all that, if he was someone would have got him by now. I'd rather we get the right players.
You don't need to be top bracket to improve our shambles of a midfield. I'll not lie and say I'm an expert in Portuguese football, but from what I've seen and from what the resident Sporting fans have to say about him, I think he'd do great in the Premier League. Creative, tenacious, can score from distance, works his ass off for the team, strong leadership qualities, etc. Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool fans had good things to say about him after their match. Luckily they have no money this window. If we miss out on him I think it's only a matter of time before a big club goes for him and he'll be added to a long list of players we regretted not signing when we had a chance.

I know.. I'm more in a behind the scenes last minute Longstaff deal camp :lol:
I'd be happy with that too!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
no, they can sell Eriksen any time up until 31st. I think they'd still sign Bruno if needed, especially if Eriksen has a year left at most under contract as we believe
They can, but they can't replace him. Now if you are one of these other massive clubs (who all seem to have spend their budget and some already) and you see Spurs signing Bruno without selling Eriksen first, what would you do? Offer £60mil or do you go in with a silly offer knowing with absolute confidence they are going to have to recoup some of those outgoings? They'd have them by the short and curlys.

Nick7

Maguire, Dybala and Bruno. He got 2 out of the 3 right, just because Dybala didn't sign it wasn't his fault.

What? I didn't say he's wholly unreliable. Just that he gets stuff wrong, which you agree with. Some people seem or seemed to be under the impression that he never gets anything wrong.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

People are slating him because of the Bruno one, but with the sell on percentage that's due to Sampdoria maybe there was something in it originally hence why he was notified of it. No idea what's happened with Fernandes but I believe he will have been given some information that he thought was accurate.

He's still more reliable than most, but he's not going to get them all 100% right, he's only human.

Mr Smith

We aren't interested in Bruno, though. We aren't going to sign someone we're not interested in just because someone we are interested in is unattainable.
I don't think it's that we're not interested, I think it's that our interest has been overstated significantly by Portuguese media and that we're not prepared to meet what is seen as an excessive asking price. I know there have been a lot of comparisons to Gaitan, but I think this is a different situation.

Sterling Archer

Manchester United pull out of deal with Bruno Fernandes after failing background check. Player has spent too much time at Zoo's this summer and cries after matches. Plus he eats too much falafel and is demanding them in the cafeteria.

VanGaalEra

What? I didn't say he's wholly unreliable. Just that he gets stuff wrong, which you agree with. Some people seem or seemed to be under the impression that he never gets anything wrong.
I was just adding to the convo...

VanGaalEra

People are slating him because of the Bruno one, but with the sell on percentage that's due to Sampdoria maybe there was something in it originally hence why he was notified of it. No idea what's happened with Fernandes but I believe he will have been given some information that he thought was accurate.

He's still more reliable than most, but he's not going to get them all 100% right, he's only human.
He's one of the most reliable, it was only at that point I thought we were actually in for Bruno.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So the briefs have always been that we are interested but he's not our main target.

Safe to say that targets in front of him were Maguire (done) and Eriksen (pulled out) and maybe Dybala (pulled out)?

So he could be the one being referred to as us still having an interest in.

Sparky Rhiwabon

So the briefs have always been that we are interested but he's not our main target.

Safe to say that targets in front of him were Maguire (done) and Eriksen (pulled out) and maybe Dybala (pulled out)?

So he could be the one being referred to as us still having an interest in.
I thought the briefs were that we are not and have never been interested and that we're annoyed by all the reports.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Manchester United pull out of deal with Bruno Fernandes after failing background check. Player has spent too much time at Zoo's this summer and cries after matches. Plus he eats too much falafel and is demanding them in the cafeteria.
Defo bad character - probably wouldn't run enough also...

And he isn't British, unlike Rashy and captain Youngy.

Status
Not open for further replies.