Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentP

He is the only attacking midfielder we have a chance of signing so late in the window because both the player and Sporting are desperately looking for a buyer. If we really want to, we can get this deal done in a day. Sell Lukaku, sign him and let's call it a day.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
So do we really have to sit by now and watch Spurs chase Lo Celso / Coutinho / Bruno while we look at the state of our midfield with our head in our hands?

What a grim ending to the window if so.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He is the only attacking midfielder we have a chance of signing so late in the window because both the player and Sporting are desperately looking for a buyer. If we really want to, we can get this deal done in a day. Sell Lukaku, sign him and let's call it a day.
I don't think we have ever been in for Bruno

Seems like another Gaitaneque link by the Portuguese media

He is so gettable that he'd be here by now if there was interest

Feed Me

I'm hungry
So do we really have to sit by now and watch Spurs chase Lo Celso / Coutinho / Bruno while we look at the state of our midfield with our head in our hands?

What a grim ending to the window if so.
To be fair, there's an argument to be made that none of that trio are really any good.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
To be fair, there's an argument to be made that none of that trio are really any good.
Not sure on the lad from Betis, but I have to think the latter two are a massive upgrade on Lingard / Mata.

Fact is, Spurs imo have much better midfield options than we do as things stand and they're still looking to buy.

Nick7

I don't think we have ever been in for Bruno

Seems like another Gaitaneque link by the Portuguese media

He is so gettable that he'd be here by now if there was interest
We haven’t. Portuguese press nonsense again. That won’t stop people believing.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he joined Betis or Sevilla or something later in the summer and there's an absolute meltdown.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
that's why we're probably not in for him. After spending so much on AWB and Frankenstein God forbid if Woodward bids on a player, the fee is accepted and the player agrees to the salary we give him. That would mean having to spend the money instead of paying Maguire's fee with Lukaku's money.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Not sure on the lad from Betis, but I have to think the latter two are a massive upgrade on Lingard / Mata.

Fact is, Spurs imo have much better midfield options than we do as things stand and they're still looking to buy.
To be fair, so are we, and that's the fecking problem. Complete lack of coherent plan when you are pissing around trying to make such important acquisitions this late.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Di Marzio wasn't really predicting well this transfer window

Dolf

All these leaks by his agent linking him with every top club and in the end it looks like he is staying :lol:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
To be fair, so are we, and that's the fecking problem. Complete lack of coherent plan when you are pissing around trying to make such important acquisitions this late.
That’s a poor analysis. All English clubs have failed to recruit effectively this summer, because of the crazy costs. We’ve had a very clear strategy, and in the positions we’ve filled, we’ve done so with exactly the players we wanted. It’s clear we aren’t just trying to sign anyone for AM. We are looking for a very particular profile, and if we aren’t meeting it, we are walking away. For the first time in a long time, I agree with how we’ve approached things.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
All these leaks by his agent linking him with every top club and in the end it looks like he is staying :lol:
He’ll go to Italy or Spain in the next few weeks probably.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I can't get my head around why people will not accept we are not currently, and probably never have been, genuinely interested in signing this guy.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
That’s a poor analysis. All English clubs have failed to recruit effectively this summer, because of the crazy costs. We’ve had a very clear strategy, and in the positions we’ve filled, we’ve done so with exactly the players we wanted. It’s clear we aren’t just trying to sign anyone for AM. We are looking for a very particular profile, and if we aren’t meeting it, we are walking away. For the first time in a long time, I agree with how we’ve approached things.
It's not a poor analysis at all.

All signs point to us speaking with Dybala late, being rejected, then speaking with Eriksen, and being rejected.

Were we incapable of scouring the globe for one other player of this ilk for a reasonable fee?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
It's not a poor analysis at all.

All signs point to us speaking with Dybala late, being rejected, then speaking with Eriksen, and being rejected.

Were we incapable of scouring the globe for one other player of this ilk for a reasonable fee?
All signs don’t point to that at all. So yes, it’s a poor analysis. We’ve been speaking to Eriksen’s agent since May. As confirmed in The Athletic. Dybala was offered to us by Juve, and we sounded the deal out before walking away. That’s called due diligence. We obviously haven’t found a player the manager prefers, otherwise we’d have gone for them already. People get upset when deals don’t come off, and make emotional assumptions. It’s natural to look for a scapegoat. Natural, just not very smart.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
All signs don’t point to that at all. So yes, it’s a poor analysis. We’ve been speaking to Eriksen’s agent since May. As confirmed in The Athletic. Dybala was offered to us by Juve, and we sounded the deal out before walking away. That’s called due diligence. We obviously haven’t found a player the manager prefers, otherwise we’d have gone for them already. People get upset when deals don’t come off, and make emotional assumptions. It’s natural to look for a scapegoat. Natural, just not very smart.
Is that the outlet that's done a snazzy marketing campaign to make everyone think they are the paragons of journalistic virtue when it's just a conglomerate of the same old cnuts who make things up for clicks?

What have we been speaking to Eriksen's agent about since May, then? I don't mean to be deliberately obtuse, but how fecking long does it take to establish if there is interest on the part of the player?

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Our squad is absolutely shocking...are you really buying the idea Ole doesn't rate anyone else?

VinnyRedDevil

I'm so frustrated right now. Why can't MU just get it done? Why are hearing about Eriksen and Dybala nonsense.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Is that the outlet that's done a snazzy marketing campaign to make everyone think they are the paragons of journalistic virtue when it's just a conglomerate of the same old cnuts who make things up for clicks?

What have we been speaking to Eriksen's agent about since May, then? I don't mean to be deliberately obtuse, but how fecking long does it take to establish if there is interest on the part of the player?
Does Eriksen want to come to United?

No thanks he wants to go to Madrid.

Move on.

I'm with you, I don't get it at all.

Andersons Dietician

It’s going to be funny if Bruno ends up clutching his balls for another year at Sporting after all the column inches, hoohah and pages generated in here.
I think someone will probably have a nibble before the international window closes.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
dear Ed. You can at least get Bruno seeing that he wants to join us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can we finally change the thread title?

"never even interested" is more fitting.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Portuguese press is giving it as deal almost done with Spurs for a fee of 65M€ + clauses.

red4ever 79

Today, tomorrow and after the window closes. Do you think people will be done 5pm Thursday?
Premier league have to be done from a permanent acqusition point of view by tomorrow at 5pm. Not sure about loans? Of course we can still sell people up until end of August I think. Lukaku will fall into that category now I would imagine.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Premier league have to be done from a permanent acqusition point of view by tomorrow at 5pm. Not sure about loans? Of course we can still sell people up until end of August I think. Lukaku will fall into that category now I would imagine.
No I meant peoples meltdown when we don't sign anyone won't be done 5pm tomorrow :lol:

Don't know about loans but we can obviously sell until end of August.

Bestietom

Bring in Partey alongside McTominay and push Pogba further forward. 43.5 million buyout clause ffs.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs will categorically not sign Bruno unless they sell Eriksen first. That's a given.
no, they can sell Eriksen any time up until 31st. I think they'd still sign Bruno if needed, especially if Eriksen has a year left at most under contract as we believe

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Does Eriksen want to come to United?

No thanks he wants to go to Madrid.

Move on.

I'm with you, I don't get it at all.
Maybe we are being thick, but I don't think so.

We have blatantly left this move until the last minute and then found out he isn't interested.

He will go to RM for a cut price once our window closes, especially since they cannot afford to fund a move for Pogba

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Sky's 'big' breaking news was that his agent is talking to Sporting Lisbon about his future.
"So..... As we've been saying all summer. Bruno is committed to the club. How about we talk about an extension to his deal?"

Status
Not open for further replies.