Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
B.Silva is also from Portuguese league isn't it. This is ignoring players like Nani we signed 10 years ago.

B.Silva, James, Raul Jimenez, Di Maria, Rodrigo. Then you have so many defenders and Midfielders who did well.
Bernardo barely played in Portugal. He spent 3 years in France during which he improved every year.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Anyone know how many Ballack scored in his last season at Leverkusen?
23 goals and 12 assists according to Transfermarkt.

Bundesliga: 17 goals and 8 assists.
Champions League: 6 goals and 3 assists.
DFB-Pokal: 1 assist.

Interestingly enough, and on a side note, there were 4 United players in the Champions League assist leaderboard! :drool:

Grande

23 goals and 12 assists according to Transfermarkt.

Bundesliga: 17 goals and 8 assists.
Champions League: 6 goals and 3 assists.
DFB-Pokal: 1 assist.

Interestingly enough, and on a side note, there were 4 United players in the Champions League assist leaderboard! :drool:
Remonding us that while Veron wasn’t a success, neither was he a flop.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Bernardo barely played in Portugal. He spent 3 years in France during which he improved every year.
Ronaldo also improved in PL. Ronaldo played 30 games for Sporting, B.Silva played 38 games for Benfica including games in Second division. I was considering any player who played in Portugal and sold.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Why is there no chance that his goalscoring feats continue on to another club? Surely the notion that you would be a mid table club without him indicates his quality? And there’s really no shame in being a lesser De Bruyne, as he can be a bit special.
Here he takes penalties, freekicks, has freedom to shoot on sight, plays pretty much every game, opposition and goalkeepers are worse... he'll still score a lot for whoever he plays but he isn't scoring 30 per season that's for sure.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Well what's the truth then? Even SP fans can't make their minds up:lol:
The gap between the portuguese league and the top teams has grown bigger but lots of fans haven't quite realized it yet.

Players like Falcao who dominated the league used to be guaranteed to make it anywhere else. Nowadays it's not quite the same. I have more confidence in the players that leave early for France, Spain or nowadays England and develop there than players who stay at Porto, Benfica and Sporting.

Players like Jonas, Rafa and Brahimi have been dominating the league for years now. It's not the same as it used to be. Pretty much all players sold in the past 2/3 years haven't made it.

Nelson Semedo has been just alright for Barcelona, Cancelo seems to be making it now at Juve but he had been a failure at Valencia, William, João Mário and Adrien who used to be an incredible midfield for us have all failed, same for Andre Gomes and Renato Sanches. Gelson Martins carried us for a long time and he was shit at Atletico, Jackson Martinez was Falcao 2.0 at Porto but failed incredibly there too, Cedric didn't make it at Southampton, Slimani was a waste of money for Leicester, Lindelof has just been alright...

Every portuguese player gets hyped beyond belief, it took Gedson Fernandes 3 good games in a row for the 100 million sale rumours to start.
Not saying that's the case with Bruno, he's carried us and actually dominated the league. But he'll be just a very good option to have, enough quality to be a starter at times but not enough to have a permanent place as a starter for a top team. I don't believe spending so much money on him would be a good decision for Manchester United given he alone wouldn't solve your midfield issues and there's still other areas that need improvement. Would make much more sense if Liverpool gave up on Fekir and went for him while United go for a midifelder with a different profile.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He’s getting overrated here by @SportingCP96, playing in Portugal for a mediocre Sporting team and in a United team wanting to surpass these Liverpool and City teams is extremely different. Adrien and João Mário were also great and look what happened.

He’s not good enough to be at the very top. He’ll cost 60 million minimum because he’s worth that much to us and we’d be midtable without him... that’s a lot of money for a player that will be a very good option to have but not quite good enough to become an automatic starter and one of the best midfielders in the league. He’d be a signing on the same line as Fekir, great option to have but for the price he’ll cost you’d hope for a player that’s as good as any midfielder in the league imo.

Bruno is a worse version of Kevin De Bruyne, I said earlier Lampard was the closest comparison in terms of style of play but I had forgotten about De Bruyne. That’s definitely the best comparison in terms of style, lots of attacking attributes combined with a great willingness to press the opposition and break on the counter.

Goalscoring is setting him apart but there’s no chance that continues in a proper team. Should go to a team like Arsenal or Napoli rather than to a team with so much pressure to be at the very top.

I really do not believe he’ll be a success in a United shirt if this happens. Some players are just not meant to play at certain clubs and I think that’s one of those cases.
Their is a common trend for Sporting fans to underrate their own players. Am I stating he is going to be the best midfielder in the world? No. Is he better then Pogba or de Bruyne? No. Will he be? No. He has talents bags of it and all the qualities to succeed at a top club in the same vein that Ruben Neves does though they play in different positions.

In fact I can use your point against you. So you’re telling me there is a player getting 30 goals and let’s say 15 assists in a midtable level club and you’re telling me that if you put that player with better quality players he won’t perform at the same rate or at a respectable rate? The fact is you have a player playing with a club that would otherwise be in 7th place without him and saying I am overhyping? If he put these numbers in Porto or Benfica where they are so far ahead of every other club then you would be right but this is Sporting we’re talking about.

Lastly I have covered many Sporting players on here in fact you can check my history I used to have the same debates with Sly about Joao Mario at the time when he was coming thru and he said he would not make it to the first team...I was right and the biggest sell in our history and a good midfielder at that. His mistake was going to a club like inter and for frank de boer at the time in general wrong career choice. I said William was a class midfielder he has shown that now in the Spanish league. I talked about Gelson and how he was good but not sure about his top level performance (though he is doing very well now) I talked since the beginning about how Sanches was absolute shet. You mentioned Adrien but he was never highly touted? He is a great player for that mid tier of clubs like Monaco even at wolves he would be fantastic but no higher then that.

What’s the point here? Though I don’t want to be I don’t even know the word ..cocky? But I have been right a numerous amount of times about the quality of our players and if they can make it or not.

SportingCP96

Supports
Well what's the truth then? Even SP fans can't make their minds up:lol:
That’s for you to decide. As to @Peyroteo last point which you mentioned about the clubs... do I think United is the perfect fit for him? If Pogba is their then no and I have said this. At a Liverpool and Arsenal and at United IF Pogba leaves he would be a success I don’t see how he wouldn’t.

SportingCP96

Supports
The gap between the portuguese league and the top teams has grown bigger but lots of fans haven't quite realized it yet.

Players like Falcao who dominated the league used to be guaranteed to make it anywhere else. Nowadays it's not quite the same. I have more confidence in the players that leave early for France, Spain or nowadays England and develop there than players who stay at Porto, Benfica and Sporting.

Players like Jonas, Rafa and Brahimi have been dominating the league for years now. It's not the same as it used to be. Pretty much all players sold in the past 2/3 years haven't made it.

Nelson Semedo has been just alright for Barcelona, Cancelo seems to be making it now at Juve but he had been a failure at Valencia, William, João Mário and Adrien who used to be an incredible midfield for us have all failed, same for Andre Gomes and Renato Sanches. Gelson Martins carried us for a long time and he was shit at Atletico, Jackson Martinez was Falcao 2.0 at Porto but failed incredibly there too, Cedric didn't make it at Southampton, Slimani was a waste of money for Leicester, Lindelof has just been alright...

Every portuguese player gets hyped beyond belief, it took Gedson Fernandes 3 good games in a row for the 100 million sale rumours to start.
Not saying that's the case with Bruno, he's carried us and actually dominated the league. But he'll be just a very good option to have, enough quality to be a starter at times but not enough to have a permanent place as a starter for a top team. I don't believe spending so much money on him would be a good decision for Manchester United given he alone wouldn't solve your midfield issues and there's still other areas that need improvement. Would make much more sense if Liverpool gave up on Fekir and went for him while United go for a midifelder with a different profile.
Jonas was too old and was never good enough for a higher level neither was Brahimi hence no club ever picked him up he is very inconsistent. Rafa.. and best in the league in the same sentence? Are you joking.

Andre Gomes was never that good another one I also mentioned though he is doing well at Everton.

Cedric a failure? What have you seen for one he was never hyped or a star leaving Sporting but he has played over 100 games at Southampton and been a solid starter so much so that inter picked him up.

Cancelo been great in fact he was one I was wrong about because I didn’t rate him as highly. Jackson Martinez was a freak incident because he had all the makings for a top striker strong fast and a great finisher.

SportingCP96

Supports
Why is there no chance that his goalscoring feats continue on to another club? Surely the notion that you would be a mid table club without him indicates his quality? And there’s really no shame in being a lesser De Bruyne, as he can be a bit special.
Point made. He is doing this at Sporting who lost all their biggest assets and have no quality players in there team besides 1 MAYBE 2 yet he is still putting up these numbers back to back seasons. So your telling me with better players around him he does not perform? Give me a break.

Once again it’s up to you guys whose points you agree with. I have been doing reports on Sporting players for a long time on here.

SportingCP96

Supports
Also you mentioned he is a worse version of De Bruyne and Lampard... I would agree but that’s a fecking compliment and I think United fans would take that in a heartbeat.

I remember fans on here having a circle jerk about Renato Sanches on here and I was always saying how average he was. Nothing is guaranteed in football but I have no doubts Bruno has the quality and the desire to succeed at a high level. He is too good for this league and sadly this club in the state that we are in.

SportingCP96

Supports
Here he takes penalties, freekicks, has freedom to shoot on sight, plays pretty much every game, opposition and goalkeepers are worse... he'll still score a lot for whoever he plays but he isn't scoring 30 per season that's for sure.
Obviously. But he can grab 15 a season maybe 10 goal 15 assists or 10/10

SportingCP96

Supports
Oh also reports in ABOlA that Juventus is also keen and interested in Bruno Fernandes.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Point made. He is doing this at Sporting who lost all their biggest assets and have no quality players in there team besides 1 MAYBE 2 yet he is still putting up these numbers back to back seasons. So your telling me with better players around him he does not perform?
Of course not. Do you think he gets to shoot from distance once or twice every game for United?

He won't be playing just with better players but against better players and better goalkeepers. It won't be Svilar in goal every week.

I also don't think Ruben Neves is good enough to be worth the money that's being talked about btw. Overhyped. Haven't been impressed once all season and I must have watched at least 20 Wolves games.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Point made. He is doing this at Sporting who lost all their biggest assets and have no quality players in there team besides 1 MAYBE 2 yet he is still putting up these numbers back to back seasons. So your telling me with better players around him he does not perform? Give me a break.

Once again it’s up to you guys whose points you agree with. I have been doing reports on Sporting players for a long time on here.
Like you say, if it was easy everybody would be doing it. Same with sancho in the bundesliga.

SportingCP96

Supports
Of course not. Do you think he gets to shoot from distance once or twice every game for United?

He won't be playing just with better players but against better players and better goalkeepers. It won't be Svilar in goal every week.

I also don't think Ruben Neves is good enough to be worth the money that's being talked about btw. Overhyped. Haven't been impressed once all season and I must have watched at least 20 Wolves games.
Absolutely he shoots maybe 3x a game because United know what they would be signing when they get him and what his assets are. They have no one at the club who can hit a ball as cleanly as he can. His game would get better or stay the same with higher quality players around him would he get 30 goals a season ? Feck no but he could very well get respectable numbers in the league.

Raul fecking Jimenez and jota have good numbers in the EPL and Bruno fernandes is better then both those guys (different players I know and positions).

As for Ruben Neves he is very talented I would take him in my team anyday for a good price.

deadrevelz

With Ole in charge, he would be shooting a lot more than that mate. And I would much prefer him to do it than Pogba, Herrera, Matic, Fred, Pereira... :)

SportingCP96

Supports
Like you say, if it was easy everybody would be doing it. Same with sancho in the bundesliga.
Jonas who many considered the best player in the league or even brahimi never had the impact Bruno Fernandes has had for Sporting. And remember this is not just the Portuguese league because he was starting and doing well in serie A at 18 and both Milan clubs wanted him as well.

Once again you can make the argument if he played for Porto or Benfica that his stats are inflated do too him being on such a superior team but you can’t say that when he plays for Sporting has anyone seen there starting team ? It’s a fecking joke after what happened in the summer.

jamesjimmybyrondean

@SportingCP96 In a midfield three of Pogba Fernandes and unknown defensive midfielder which DM do you think should be signed among Partey Rodri Saul Neves Rice and Ndidi

Also given your answer on the DM would that midfield three be enough to control a game and could it be a title winning midfield

deadrevelz

Jonas who many considered the best player in the league or even brahimi never had the impact Bruno Fernandes has had for Sporting. And remember this is not just the Portuguese league because he was starting and doing well in serie A at 18 and both Milan clubs wanted him as well.

Once again you can make the argument if he played for Porto or Benfica that his stats are inflated do too him being on such a superior team but you can’t say that when he plays for Sporting has anyone seen there starting team ? It’s a fecking joke after what happened in the summer.
What is his goal to chance conversion rate? And how good is he at free kicks, penalties?

SportingCP96

Supports
With Ole in charge, he would be shooting a lot more than that mate. And I would much prefer him to do it than Pogba, Herrera, Matic, Fred, Pereira... :)
Exactly. Why would you take away one of his best quality’s? Makes no sense not one player in United can shoot the ball like he can and with tight defenses parking the bus you don’t think he will shoot? No chance I reckon IF he is a starter at United that from 25 yards out of their is no better passing option that he is allowed to let one rip. Look at his chart and see how many goals he has from distance. It’s not an accident.

SportingCP96

Supports
What is his goal to chance conversion rate? And how good is he at free kicks, penalties?
His goal to chance conversion rate I have no idea mate I reckon you can find that online. Sorry.

His free kicks is something he added to his arsenal this season he has scored maybe 5 or 6 and a few others off the post. Hit one off the bar vs Benfica mid week and scored one vs benfica 35 yards out in the first leg ( I believe that video is in this thread) he also scored a freekick 3 games in a row if that answers your question.

As for penalties. Ice in his veins good penalty kick taker he has not missed one for Sporting yet but he has a good technique as well.

This is the first game that came to mind but he scores the winner from a penalty which was taken fantastically and he does an excellent pass to Bas dost for a goal.

Freekick vs braga

Freekick vs Benfica

SportingCP96

Supports
@SportingCP96 In a midfield three of Pogba Fernandes and unknown defensive midfielder which DM do you think should be signed among Partey Rodri Saul Neves Rice and Ndidi

Also given your answer on the DM would that midfield three be enough to control a game and could it be a title winning midfield
From the choices you said I like Neves and Saul but I think that that midfield would be very offensive minded. Like I said in a post above I think Bruno Fernandes makes more sense to United if Pogba were to leave because let’s say that happens you can have something like this.

Bruno Fernandes #10 Ndombele #8 and then let’s say Neves#6 now that is a very dynamic and both offensively and defensively cohesive midfield (the CDM can maybe even be Someone else) but you have a box to box work horse in Ndombele and then an engine and creater in Fernandes and a guy to pick up loose balls and ping them forward in Neves. That’s a midfield with lots of potential and good upside also young and the base of a future team.

If Pogba stays I mean it could work but I would see Fernandes as a better fit in either Liverpool or Arsenal even Chelsea.

Pogba has too much of an ego to stay back more and have too do more work in the middle of the park.

Did that answer your question? My apologies if it did not

deadrevelz

His goal to chance conversion rate I have no idea mate I reckon you can find that online. Sorry.

His free kicks is something he added to his arsenal this season he has scored maybe 5 or 6 and a few others off the post. Hit one off the bar vs Benfica mid week and scored one vs benfica 35 yards out in the first leg ( I believe that video is in this thread) he also scored a freekick 3 games in a row if that answers your question.

As for penalties. Ice in his veins good penalty kick taker he has not missed one for Sporting yet but he has a good technique as well.
Thanks. Sounds like he would be a good player for us. Only issue is if we would pay the release clause or near it, especially if it's not certain he would be a guaranteed starter. Probably a lot depends on who leaves our club this summer... especially Pogba, Mata, Pereira, Lukaku and Fred.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
From the choices you said I like Neves and Saul but I think that that midfield would be very offensive minded. Like I said in a post above I think Bruno Fernandes makes more sense to United if Pogba were to leave because let’s say that happens you can have something like this.

Bruno Fernandes #10 Ndombele #8 and then let’s say Neves#6 now that is a very dynamic and both offensively and defensively cohesive midfield (the CDM can maybe even be Someone else) but you have a box to box work horse in Ndombele and then an engine and creater in Fernandes and a guy to pick up loose balls and ping them forward in Neves. That’s a midfield with lots of potential and good upside also young and the base of a future team.

If Pogba stays I mean it could work but I would see Fernandes as a better fit in either Liverpool or Arsenal even Chelsea.

Pogba has too much of an ego to stay back more and have too do more work in the middle of the park.

Did that answer your question? My apologies if it did not
Cheers for the insight dude.

It makes a lot of sense to sell Pogba to be honest. He reportedly wants out, and Real will undoubtedly go for him either this summer or next. If we are revamping it makes sense to do this now.

Bring in a trio of Bruno, Neves (both combined would likely be funded by Pogba) to work along side Ndombele. That as a midfield 3 is a massive upgrade. Its weird because we lose our most talented player, but what is talent without consistent application?

SportingCP96

Supports
Thanks. Sounds like he would be a good player for us. Only issue is if we would pay the release clause or near it, especially if it's not certain he would be a guaranteed starter. Probably a lot depends on who leaves our club this summer... especially Pogba, Mata, Pereira, Lukaku and Fred.
I think depends on who leaves as well tbh I also think their is a lot of interest from Serie A and is a potential league he might go too.

As for the release clause..ignore it. Sporting Will sell for much less then the release clause that much I can assure you.

SportingCP96

Supports

It makes a lot of sense to sell Pogba to be honest. He reportedly wants out, and Real will undoubtedly go for him either this summer or next. If we are revamping it makes sense to do this now.

Bring in a trio of Bruno, Neves (both combined would likely be funded by Pogba) to work along side Ndombele. That as a midfield 3 is a massive upgrade. Its weird because we lose our most talented player, but what is talent without consistent application?
Thats exactly it you keep Pogba but then don’t have a “team” if you know what I mean or you sell Pogba to Madrid ( he is not fully committed to United IMO) and you can buy a bunch of players to make a much more balanced team with better quality spread out throughout the team.

Once again that’s just my opinion.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thats exactly it you keep Pogba but then don’t have a “team” if you know what I mean or you sell Pogba to Madrid ( he is not fully committed to United IMO) and you can buy a bunch of players to make a much more balanced team with better quality spread out throughout the team.

Once again that’s just my opinion.
It's a correct view in my opinion and a perfect illustration of what is wrong at Manchester United. Shoe horning other players around brand individuals and setting odd precedents that don't serve the whole unit.

For a while it looked to be really working for Pogba but he's tailed back down. If Real weren't so keen on him/him wanting to go, I'd want to keep him and make it work. But if his head is turned there really is no point.

SportingCP96

Supports
It's a correct view in my opinion and a perfect illustration of what is wrong at Manchester United. Shoe horning other players around brand individuals and setting odd precedents that don't serve the whole unit.

For a while it looked to be really working for Pogba but he's tailed back down. If Real weren't so keen on him/him wanting to go, I'd want to keep him and make it work. But if his head is turned there really is no point.
I agree but and like I said if The plan is too keep Pogba and build around him then I would not dish out 70M on Bruno Fernandes because I feel that money can be spent better elsewhere on more important positions because fernandes and Pogba are both too attacking. If Pogba leaves I say it’s a a no brainer if not then Bruno Fernandes is better suited for a Milan, Arsenal,Liverpool or Chelsea.

deadrevelz

It could be like when Liverpool lost Suarez and Coutinho and reinvested (mostly) wisely. Of course it's possible the new signings don't work out and we lose our best player. :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
It could be like when Liverpool lost Suarez and Coutinho and reinvested (mostly) wisely. Of course it's possible the new signings don't work out and we lose our best player. :lol:
Ya but is your best player really making the difference right now because in 2 seasons not much can be said.

Granted I know that is not just Pogbas fault.

Bestietom

I really do think his head is turned the way he is performing lately. Feels like he doesn't want to be here.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
12 % from open play. 67 shots and 8 goals from open play in the league. Not that good, but a lot of long range efforts. Approx 40 of those shots where from outside of the box. In the penalty area he has 28 ex penalties and 8 goals ex penalties; 28 percent conversion in the penalty area.

Furthermore, 44 % of his shots (total, but ex pen) are on target. 68 % of these from outside the box.

Pogba has 66 shots, 5 goals from open play. In the penalty area he has 35 shots ex penalties and 5 goals ex penalties; 14,28 percent.

For Pogba, 47 % of his shots are on target (total, but ex pen). 57 % of these shots where from outside the box.

Statistically Bruno is a good finisher. The question is if he can get the chances in the PL. Does not help being a good finisher if you cant find time and space in the box to make the finish.

deadrevelz

Ya but is your best player really making the difference right now because in 2 seasons not much can be said.

Granted I know that is not just Pogbas fault.
Hard to say. He's not perfect but still a brilliant talent and his form under Ole has been - until recently - excellent. Plus there is the Glazer / Woodward problem. We should be able to keep Pogba and still invest 250m this summer, but we won't. And even if we sell Pogba, I doubt we will get to reinvest all the money from the sale. So it's a complicated situation. Of course if Pogba wants to leave, we feel his mind is no longer with United and Madrid offer big money, there is only one solution really.

SportingCP96

Supports
Hard to say. He's not perfect but still a brilliant talent and his form under Ole has been - until recently - excellent. Plus there is the Glazer / Woodward problem. We should be able to keep Pogba and still invest 250m this summer, but we won't. And even if we sell Pogba, I doubt we will get to reinvest all the money from the sale. So it's a complicated situation. Of course if Pogba wants to leave, we feel his mind is no longer with United and Madrid offer big money, there is only one solution really.
I think if United feel Pogba is not fully committed to the United project even by 1% sell him. There should be no doubt. It’s going to be a long process and sometimes I get the feeling pogba feels he is too good for United in the current state they are in and he is a World Cup winner.

I don’t think he is all in in my opinion.

deadrevelz

I think if United feel Pogba is not fully committed to the United project even by 1% sell him. There should be no doubt. It’s going to be a long process and sometimes I get the feeling pogba feels he is too good for United in the current state they are in and he is a World Cup winner.

I don’t think he is all in in my opinion.
For United fans the example of Ronaldo sticks in the memory. Ferguson convinced him to stay an extra year when he wanted the Real move. He wasn't as good as 07/08, but still helped us win the PL and reach the CL final. Then when he was sold, the owners took all the money and we bought budget players. Also, Ole has said he wants to build the team around Pogba. It would be an embarrassing situation if he was sold months later.

Anyway, we will have to wait for the summer madness to see what happens.

SportingCP96

Supports
For United fans the example of Ronaldo sticks in the memory. Ferguson convinced him to stay an extra year when he wanted the Real move. He wasn't as good as 07/08, but still helped us win the PL and reach the CL final. Then when he was sold, the owners took all the money and we bought budget players. Also, Ole has said he wants to build the team around Pogba. It would be an embarrassing situation if he was sold months later.

Anyway, we will have to wait for the summer madness to see what happens.
I think Ronaldo was an exception just because he was the best in the world at the time he has just won it and was such a game changer and his professionalism is 100%.

Also if that is what Ole wants to do then that’s what I see happening unless Pogba is the one who forces the way out I think a box to box midfielder and a quality DM are essential for United this offseason.

beingshe7don

Good Post! I think Pogba and his agent demanding 500k in wages and holding the club to ransom based on the fact that Sanchez earns a lot and not based on his performances is enough reason for me to think he needs to be sold. I wouldn't mind him going to Madrid actually. The only issue I can foresee is that Pogba is an influencer and him trying to poach Ndombele and a few years later, Pogba will influence him to join Madrid with the whole French Connection. Either ways, the virus from our club is still not been rid off. Raiola needs to be cut off from the club. The guy simply messes with the club and creates tension. Good thing we've gotten rid of Mhiki and Zlatan and Pogba is the only Raiola client we have. We should sell him now when his market value is at its absolute high....

Bruno Fernandes - Neves - Ndombele for the midfield would be a good hardworking midfield... with no attitude issues

I like the look of Joao Felix if Lukaku leaves....

Martial - Rashford
----- Felix -----

and we could get out width from our fullbacks (Wan Bassaka and Luke Shaw)

SportingCP96

Supports
Good Post! I think Pogba and his agent demanding 500k in wages and holding the club to ransom based on the fact that Sanchez earns a lot and not based on his performances is enough reason for me to think he needs to be sold. I wouldn't mind him going to Madrid actually. The only issue I can foresee is that Pogba is an influencer and him trying to poach Ndombele and a few years later, Pogba will influence him to join Madrid with the whole French Connection. Either ways, the virus from our club is still not been rid off. Raiola needs to be cut off from the club. The guy simply messes with the club and creates tension. Good thing we've gotten rid of Mhiki and Zlatan and Pogba is the only Raiola client we have. We should sell him now when his market value is at its absolute high....

Bruno Fernandes - Neves - Ndombele for the midfield would be a good hardworking midfield... with no attitude issues

I like the look of Joao Felix if Lukaku leaves....

Martial - Rashford
----- Felix -----

and we could get out width from our fullbacks (Wan Bassaka and Luke Shaw)
Felix as the lone guy up top? That’s a recipe for disaster. He works better in a 442 or a 4411 playing in Behind striker or in a centerforward role to peel off his man. He is still very young though and too raw to head to United.

As for the midfield ya that is the one I suggested it’s young it’s hungry and full of quality on both ends of the pitch. Win win.

beingshe7don

Felix as the lone guy up top? That’s a recipe for disaster. He works better in a 442 or a 4411 playing in Behind striker or in a centerforward role to peel off his man. He is still very young though and too raw to head to United.

As for the midfield ya that is the one I suggested it’s young it’s hungry and full of quality on both ends of the pitch. Win win.
Nope.... Felix would play as a second striker role/ attacking midfielder role behind Martial and Rashford.... in a 4-1-2-1-2..... diamond (with our wingbacks bombing ahead)

Martial ----------------- Rashford
--------------- Felix -------------------
Shaw -- Bruno --- Ndombele --- Wan Bassaka
--------------- Neves ------------------
----- Lindelof -------- Koulibaly --------
--------------- De Gea --------------------

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.