Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm not saying about them offering more money just they might offer the asking price while we are trying to get the player for a lower price and it gets accepted because of our dithering.
Usually we've talked to the player first before the Club.

I think if the player wants to play for United, a month or even two months of waiting shouldn't be a problem.

Eric's Seagull

And then we offer the asking price? Sporting aren’t gonna just take the asking price straight away if they know two clubs are interested. They’ll let us know of the other bid and give us a chance to match or increase our offer. They’d hope for a bidding war
Yes I think we should offer the asking price straight away. I'd to get in there straight and hope that we get in there before any other club declares their interest. But I do understand that if two clubs declare their interest that the selling club would try to get maximum value for their asset.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That is a fair point and I think that would work as long as the player declares a firm interest in joining us.
Which clearly has happened, unless it's all made up.

Bottom line is stop panicking. If the window closes and we sign nobody and sell pogba - then panic.

dasty

I have a feeling Ed is waiting for the Pogba issue to resolve before doing anything else in the transfer market. Completely idiotic idea, but that's how it seems like. We missed out on Tielemans because although we notified his agent of our interest we did not made any bid as we told them to wait for Pogba. We will probably miss out a few more targets and end up with either one of Longstaff or Lemina into the new season. Exciting stuff.

Beaucoup

Would we buy Fernandes AND Maddison or do they best operate in the same zone? Can we play both? If no, who is better?
Maddison would be brilliant for Utd, exactly the type of signing we should be making

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I'm not sure if I'd like him here to be honest. If Pogba is hanging around, is he the kind of player to play well with him? Genuine question - not seen much of this guy.

@Fridge chutney

Red Rash

I'm not sure if I'd like him here to be honest. If Pogba is hanging around, is he the kind of player to play well with him? Genuine question - not seen much of this guy.

@Fridge chutney
Also not seen much of him but based on what I have it would be great to have him even if Pogba stays.

From the stats he seems to be a bigger goal threat and I think that's something we have been missing. Last season we were too reliant on Pogba for goals so if we can get someone who can get 15+ goals from midfield it lifts the burden a lot.

For it to work with both of them, I do feel we need a more mobile DM than Matic however

Fridge chutney

@Fridge chutney
To be honest I haven't seen much (or any) of him either. However if he has a good engine and good technique, then he could be a great replacement for Herrera. We need to round out our midfield. I'd say this is a big thumbs up if we can get him.

If Pogba goes I think we'll get this deal tied up asap.
Now if Pogba stays I think we'll continue looking for a different type of central midfielder.

jackal&hyde

@Fridge chutney
I've watched him for Portugal and i can say he is not just a creative player with an appetite for goal, he is also very hard working and does the "dirty" work well. Would definitely work with Pogba and a more defensive minded and energetic mid behind them.

EDIT: he'd be a major upgrade on Herrera basically. Similar levels of energy and grit but vastly superior at creating chances and finishing them.

Sterling Archer

I've watched him for Portugal and i can say he is not just a creative player with an appetite for goal, he is also very hard working and does the "dirty" work well. Would definitely work with Pogba and a more defensive minded and energetic mid behind them.

EDIT: he'd be a major upgrade on Herrera basically. Similar levels of energy and grit but vastly superior at creating chances and finishing them.
What do you think about his time at Sporting? Never watched him but the goals and assists are quite impressive and promising for a midfielder.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That is a fair point and I think that would work as long as the player declares a firm interest in joining us.
Yeh. I kinda agreed with your assessment that if it's just a few millions here and there, just get it done. I think he's the missing piece in our attack.

Crustanoid

Awful source but something.
It’s probably just a pre preliminary meeting (1st of 200) which Ed has set up to go through terms of holding a series of ‘talks ‘. Won’t get interesting until talk number 47 or so, predicted for summer 2026 #Edmoot

Gandalf

Wrong. We haven't met any release clause. And clubs can't demand more if you do, that's the whole point.
There is a lot of confusion around the release clause. The best I can divine from the various comments is that there is release clause which has been variously reported at either 65m or 100m but there is also another clause which is not a release but a player clause which says that if the club receives a bid of 35m or more and refuses to sell they have to give the player 5m.

The best information we have is that United have not made a formal bid yet but are discussing an offer which would exceed the 35m but would fall well short of the 65m the club seems to want. Supposedly we are not interested in bidding much above 40m and feel we can use this weird clause in his contract as leverage to make Sporting lower their demands whilst they are constantly leaking rumours of interest to the press in an attempt to trigger a bidding war which does not seem to exist.

This is definitely one of the more bizarre transfer sagas out there right now and I honestly have no idea if we are seriously interested or not.

A9X SJ

Don't think there is anything is in this

I also highly doubt Leicester will sell us Maddison & Potentially Maguire

croadyman

Don't think there is anything is in this

I also highly doubt Leicester will sell us Maddison & Potentially Maguire
I believe that we will get Maguire in the end but I am absolutely certain now that Bruno relies on Pogba leaving

Chairman Steve

He seems Lampard-like, which may be good since our current forward options are still young and there almost seems to be a blind hope that they just suddenly explode into life this coming season... but then again we’re not privy to daily training at Carrington.

You’d like to think he’d chip in with a fair few goals and may even end up being top scorer for the season if he came, because god fecking knows how Rashford/Martial are going to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.