Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vissy

I think the obvious answer to that is that agents will flog their players to as many teams as possible. What that does is hopefully spark a bidding war and the agent either gets his client a payrise at the club they are currently at, or at a new club, and the agent takes a cut of that either way.

In my opinion this quote highlighted a bit of Ole's naivety, and inexperience of being at a massive club. Of course agents want their players at united, we pay the most money for players, its a pay rise just to be linked with United normally.
I dunno, Ole has many years of managerial experience under his belt. If even you a total amateur at coaching a team can figure out that a stance like that is naive, I doubt Ole is going to miss that. I'd rather believe he had every reason to believe those offers were real.

croadyman

I am starting to think this was never on the cards,was confident at times but there just doesn't seem enough smoke about it now.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So they aren't similar at all then. fecking hell, the amount of nonsense you come out with is incredible :lol:
My point is that I don't care about tags (ie deep lying playmaker, b2b etc). Its what they do on the pitch that matter. Both Fred and Anderson shared very similar strengths (physicality, decent pace for a CM) and weaknesses (horrible decision making, meah passing ability and shocking goal scoring skills). Ando was the more technically gifted of the pair while Fred is the more consistent one.

thomas porter

I'm so disappointed we haven't gotten this deal over the line yet. If you look at the #'s we've sold/lost 2 center mids and have yet to sign anyone. We need to splash the cash or get left behind.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Are you seriously complaining about the fact that Woodward tries to save us money to spend on other players ? I would rather save £15 million and sign him 3 weeks later. Having said that - it will of course backfires if someone else nicks him.
I'll rather just get him in earlier so he can get accustomed to the team and let us start the season in proper order rather than wasting time on this transfer and hope nobody else hijacks the transfer.

Eric's Seagull

I'm so disappointed we haven't gotten this deal over the line yet. If you look at the #'s we've sold/lost 2 center mids and have yet to sign anyone. We need to splash the cash or get left behind.
Been thinking this for a while I think that is one of the most important transfer windows in our history and it not going anywhere as near as well as I planned so far. Still so time for Woody to work some magic, although I have little faith in him doing so but the negative on signing players later in the window is that the longer we leave it, the less time time Ole will get instil his methods in the team and get them playing how he wants. I am very concerned that we are not going to splash the required cash and are in serious danger of falling much further behind the top teams.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That's what happens, gets nicked by someone else. Ndombele is an example.
Ndombele apparently has known for months he's going to Spurs. Rumours are talk started as early as February.

We didn't miss out on him. I don't think he was ever a target or that he would come to us out of the CL.

Eric's Seagull

Are you seriously complaining about the fact that Woodward tries to save us money to spend on other players ? I would rather save £15 million and sign him 3 weeks later. Having said that - it will of course backfires if someone else nicks him.
Respect your opinion but don't agree with it. I would rather sign him now than wait 3 weeks in case someone who is not as tight as Woody comes in and signs him and we'll be fecked. Another reason I would rather sign him now is the same reason I would want to sign any players as close to the beginning of the window as possible; to give them more time to get used to Ole's methods and integrate them into the team sooner.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Respect your opinion but don't agree with it. I would rather sign him now than wait 3 weeks in case someone who is not as tight as Woody comes in and signs him and we'll be fecked. Another reason I would rather sign him now is the same reason I would want to sign any players as close to the beginning of the window as possible; to give them more time to get used to Ole's methods and integrate them into the team sooner.
£15m is a huge amount of money. That's Daniel James for free.

Eric's Seagull

Ever thought that Ndombele didn't want united? I'd heard he was pretty insistent on CL football.
That is a fair point and could well be true, I understand most players would want to go and play for a team who has qualified for the Champions league. He could have saw us an exciting challenge. He may have wanted the challenge of getting us back to the top and going down in history as one of the players who played a significant part in making us great again.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not a fan of his dribbling. Just want someone who can move like Isco or Modric for once.
Absolutely. Tired of these goalscoring/end product AMs like Kagawa and Mata. Would love for us to sign central players who can weave through teams ala Silva/Isco/Modric.

Adam-Utd

I release it is a massive amount but like I previously stated I think it would be justified so that someone else doesn't sneak in there before us and sign him.
If he wants to join us he will. I'm sure "if" this situation is true, we would have made him aware and told him to be patient. If we give him his word a deal will be done i'm sure he won't rush off to the next available club.

Nobody else is going to want to overpay for him either.

macheda14

I release it is a massive amount but like I previously stated I think it would be justified so that someone else doesn't sneak in there before us and sign him.
If someone 'sneaks' in and offers more money, do you think that happens in an instant. We'll then be notified of the bid and a bidding war will ensue. It's not like their bid would happen in a vacuum.

reddev3

That's what happens, gets nicked by someone else. Ndombele is an example.
How did Ndombele get "nicked" by someone else? we never even bid for him. Woodward will be well aware of other clubs interest or bids on any player he is negotiating for as the selling club would let him know, It's in their best interest in order to get a better selling price. The only players that get nicked are the Hijacked bids last minute when everything has already been agreed in principle.

The chances are it's taking so long if we are in for him is because no one else wants him (looking more and more likely) so the price will inevitably come down.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
£15m is a huge amount of money. That's Daniel James for free.
In the grand scheme of Manchester United, £15m really a game changing sum in the context that Pogba just got paid a £4m loyalty bonus and that Sanchez is being paid more than £25m per year as basic salary.
This club wastes money like its going out of circulation, so to lose an important new player that could potentially be the difference in reaching the CL or failing to reach the multi millions windfall seems a bit pointless, because we will quickly squander that £15m anyway.

Eric's Seagull

The problem is that half our fans complain about overspending - the other half complain about transfers taking too long. It's really difficult to get both a good price and a quick transfer.
Totally agree with your part in bold. I understand that we can't please everybody. I don't like seeing us get ripped off in the transfer market but I would rather pay the price and get the transfer done quicker. Also the later we leave it in the transfer window, the teams could well decide to up the price for the player as they know that we are desperate.

Adam-Utd

In the grand scheme of Manchester United, £15m really a game changing sum in the context that Pogba just got paid a £4m loyalty bonus and that Sanchez is being paid more than £25m per year as basic salary.
This club wastes money like its going out of circulation, so to lose an important new player that could potentially be the difference in reaching the CL or failing to reach the multi millions windfall seems a bit pointless, because we will quickly squander that £15m anyway.
That's a different matter entirely. If you start getting desperate and over paying in the transfer market then the next club will know they can mug you off also. Look at City, they've pulled out of numberous deals for the exact reason.

Why wonder why they've never paid more than £60m for targets with all their money? They don't get shafted.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ok Simon says we're in for him so I'm now on the train. What do we think Pogba replacement or are we hoping to do a City and play with two attacking players in midfield?
Is he reliable?

Eric's Seagull

If someone 'sneaks' in and offers more money, do you think that happens in an instant. We'll then be notified of the bid and a bidding war will ensue. It's not like their bid would happen in a vacuum.
I'm not saying about them offering more money just they might offer the asking price while we are trying to get the player for a lower price and it gets accepted because of our dithering.

romufc

How can a transfer with no other clubs interested take over a month to complete.

We seem to become worse at signing players as the seasons go..

So disappointing.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
How can a transfer with no other clubs interested take over a month to complete.

We seem to become worse at signing players as the seasons go..

So disappointing.
Thankfully (and hopefully) no other clubs are interested! I think we're waiting on the Pogba situation. The benefit of the doubt goes to Woodward, as well as two letters of appreciation from me. F and Y.

Full bodied red

Absolutely. Tired of these goalscoring/end product AMs like Kagawa and Mata. Would love for us to sign central players who can weave through teams ala Silva/Isco/Modric.

Add me to that.

Absolutely no doubt that Silva has been amongst the Top 5 players in the EPL the past 10 years. Superb footballer and Citeh wouldn't have been Citeh without him and Aguero.

Haven't really seen a lot of Isco, but when I have I was masively impressed and would love to see him at OT.

romufc

Thankfully (and hopefully) no other clubs are interested! I think we're waiting on the Pogba situation. The benefit of the doubt goes to Woodward, as well as two letters of appreciation from me. F and Y.
I would not be surprised if the Pogba situation takes us late into the transfer window. Surely, we cannot wait that long? Benefit of doubt for Woody? he is a shambles.

macheda14

I'm not saying about them offering more money just they might offer the asking price while we are trying to get the player for a lower price and it gets accepted because of our dithering.
And then we offer the asking price? Sporting aren’t gonna just take the asking price straight away if they know two clubs are interested. They’ll let us know of the other bid and give us a chance to match or increase our offer. They’d hope for a bidding war

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I would not be surprised if the Pogba situation takes us late into the transfer window. Surely, we cannot wait that long? Benefit of doubt for Woody? he is a shambles.
Hence my heartfelt letters. The "F" can be written in the clouds above Old Trafford. The "Y" can be stamped on his forehead maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.