Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

Genuinely scares me how people on here think we could play Pogba n Fernandes in a 3 man midfield.

Fernandes was always going to be a replacement for him. Pogba n Fernandes just leaves too much to do for a DM.
KDB , Silva , Fernandinho.

red4ever 79

I think if we sell Pogba, we will buy him.
This could happen, the way Zidane rush to sell Bale, they will go all in for Pogba.

Selling Lukaku for 75m and buying Maguire for 85m
Selling Pogba for 150m and buying Fernandes for 70m and Longstaff for 50m

I can see that happening.

Total spending this summer: AWB 50m, James 15m, Maguire 85m, Fernandes 70m, Longstaff 50m = 270m
Total profit: Lukaku 75m, Pogba 150m = 225m
Total net spend = 270m - 225m = 45m

We still manage to save up 55m from 100m budget.
Fernandes and Longstaff to replace Pogba. Longstaff. Will be riots if that happens.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Although I believe all transfer business should be done at the beginning of the window to give players more time to get used to the managers managers methods and gel with the team sooner
Totally agree but it's becoming like a game of Jenga. Small pool of big players with a bigger pool of clubs that can afford them.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Fernandes and Longstaff to replace Pogba. Longstaff. Will be riots if that happens.
I'd rather we spend 80m on SMS rather than 50m on Longstaff, but Longstaff is our target, Carrick rated him highly, so I wouldn't be shocked if that happen.

Last edited:

Red00012

Pogba will stay. Every player we've been strongly linked to or already brought in complements him in a 4-2-3-1 setup.

AWB locks up our right flank.

James provides genuine width in the attacking third and a vertical passing option constantly making runs, as well as an attacker that presses from the front to make countering on us harder when we turn over the ball with numbers forward.

Fernandes is a quality 10 who provides creativity with through balls but also has a tendency to drift right in the attacking third and whip crosses in. Pogba on the other hand drifts to the left. Fernandes is also a hard working defensive player who is very good at pressing and tracking back.

Longstaff has played his best football in a double pivot.

Maguire provides a CB capable of breaking the lines with his passes allowing Pogba to stay higher and not having to drop deep to co

Pogba will stay. Every player we've been strongly linked to or already brought in complements him in a 4-2-3-1 setup.

AWB locks up our right flank.

James provides genuine width in the attacking third and a vertical passing option constantly making runs, as well as an attacker that presses from the front to make countering on us harder when we turn over the ball with numbers forward.

Fernandes is a quality 10 who provides creativity with through balls but also has a tendency to drift right in the attacking third and whip crosses in. Pogba on the other hand drifts to the left. Fernandes is also a hard working defensive player who is very good at pressing and tracking back.

Longstaff has played his best football in a double pivot.

Maguire provides a CB capable of breaking the lines with his passes allowing Pogba to stay higher and not having to drop deep constantly to get on the ball.
He’s played 9 games not 90.

WPMUFC

BBC confirming lack of interest? M.E.N claiming in their article that MUFC is irritated by Portuguese journo's making things up on behalf of Sporting, using MUFC to start an auction and we only have a passing interest?

Axle17

Bruno can be the playmaker we actually need versus a showboater in Pogba. Long range passing doesn't justify being our "best player".

Deadline day transfer perhaps?

Crashoutcassius

I think Simon Peach confirmed we were interested in him back in June so it isn't completely unfounded. That isn't to say the current rumours are
Yeah I think it is well reported that we had a look a couple months back which I'm sure a few other clubs did. Everything the last while is Portuguese

Crashoutcassius

I think if we sell Pogba, we will buy him.
This could happen, the way Zidane rush to sell Bale, they will go all in for Pogba.

Selling Lukaku for 75m and buying Maguire for 85m
Selling Pogba for 150m and buying Fernandes for 70m and Longstaff for 50m

I can see that happening.

Total spending this summer: AWB 50m, James 15m, Maguire 85m, Fernandes 70m, Longstaff 50m = 270m
Total profit: Lukaku 75m, Pogba 150m = 225m
Total net spend = 270m - 225m = 45m

We still manage to save up 55m from 100m budget.
Deals burn through cash - agent fees and signing fees etc. Obviously I'm not at expert but I could see our business this summer cost 30 or 40m in friction

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Might as well close this, it’s not happening.

Plenty of leaks to reporters of no interest.

Crashoutcassius

The Fernandinho bit in there is key. We have Matic.
I don't agree. Think the key is they are the best ever premiership side and that their full backs play as defensive midfielders and they maintain possession numbers and style ole isn't capable of coaching and they employ tactical fouls every time they do lose the ball. If anything man city are a case study in why you can just have one centre mid without the system changing massively to cater for it... even with all that they only have one player capable for playing there... who knows if rodri will work out

RedDevil83

'UNITED AGREE FERNANDES FEE'

Manchester United have agreed a fee of close to £70m for Sporting Lisbonmidfielder Bruno Fernandes, according to Sport.

Apparently the Portugal international’s move to Old Trafford could be confirmed in the next 48 hours.

According to Sky Sports

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Manchester United have agreed a fee of close to £70m for Sporting Lisbonmidfielder Bruno Fernandes, according to Sport.

Apparently the Portugal international’s move to Old Trafford could be confirmed in the next 48 hours.

According to Sky Sports
Not according to Sky Sports then :lol:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!

According to Sky Sports
Sounds legit.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Don't know if it's going to be confirmed in the next couple of days or if it's going to be confirmed at all, given our inability to finalise deals. But by watching us during pre-season and by observing where Ole wants his attacking midfielder to move in the final third, i wouldn't be surprised if there's a genuine interest in him (not just fabricated stories by the press or his agent) and if there's a late but honest attempt to make this transfer go through.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I don't agree. Think the key is they are the best ever premiership side and that their full backs play as defensive midfielders and they maintain possession numbers and style ole isn't capable of coaching and they employ tactical fouls every time they do lose the ball. If anything man city are a case study in why you can just have one centre mid without the system changing massively to cater for it... even with all that they only have one player capable for playing there... who knows if rodri will work out
Yeah true. That tactical foul thing seems to be the way forward now. I've noticed Liverpool do it as well, they sort of pull out of the foul before the ref blows the whistle usually but this is constant.

Wolff

Sounds like Valencia to replace Ronaldo.
Fernandes will be officially signed Wednesday or Thursday. It has nothing to do with Pogba. If Madrid manage to scrape the cash together, SMC will replace Pogba. Maguire will happen, or else Alderweireld would have been approached. Longstaff won’t happen. The loonies up in Newcastle won’t let it. And no point busting the bank on him. And as a bonus, Dybala for Lukaku would be fun. Might even see another striker come in regardless.

It’s all left late. But that is because Pogba and Lukaku haven’t left yet. But they will, and I’m sure the deals are in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: golden_blunder

Bogga

Soon we'll see their lineup in their friendly vs Valencia... if he's there then we can finally put this crap to bed with 100% certainty

El Zoido

Soon we'll see their lineup in their friendly vs Valencia... if he's there then we can finally put this crap to bed with 100% certainty
How will this put it to bed exactly? Some journo’s are saying he’ll play today as his last game.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
So this is actually happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.