Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Nah just saying he’s not the best looking human ie Suarez. I don’t know him personally like you do
Nah it is enough to watch games closely. Maybe you should make an effort next time you watch a game live, then you can observe the behaviour of players on the pitch

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If people think we're not in for him and there's no real other strong links currently, then you can 9/2 for him staying at Sporting.

Red Stone

Di Marzio seems to have a completely different definition of the word 'close' compared to most people, the fecking donk.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
This was never going to progress much until after Sunday. Keep calm everyone.

Crustanoid

Maybe Ed is stipulating that we have to sign Maguire first, and then sell Lukaku, and get Dybala, and it has to all be done one at a time, and in that order, and if not it won’t happen.

Actually that’s probably exactly what will happen and he’ll be able to save money.

RedDevilRoshi

Personally I don’t think we are going to hear anything further about this deal till after their cup final against Benfica on Sunday.

Fox outside the box

If anything he appears to be disappointed with how Juve has treated him but with how he's spoken about us in the past, makes me believe he'll relish playing for united.
And in fairness, rightly so. Fans kick off when a player looks to be engineering a move away. Pogba only had to say that maybe it's time for a new challenge and he was public enemy number one. What about the other way around?

It's a pretty big deal, to be told in a reasonably quick time frame that actually, you're employer doesn't want you and you may need to uproot your life, including a partner and go to live somewhere else. If it comes out of the blue, you're going to need.a bit of time to digest that.

I think it's pretty reasonable that the initial reaction is along the lines of 'eh? No, I'm happy here.... can I have a word please?'

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I still can't believe that MU are putting themselves in that kind of pressure by a club that needs money desperately.
Because we don’t want to sell the best player by far in Portugal for a discount. If we need money we have other players we can sell.

He is going to be the biggest transfer in Portuguese league history because if he is sold we will receive 70M up front and not 30M with installments ;)

Last edited:

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
No but its better than 'if you can't beat them, join them' mentality.
You're moving the goalposts here buddy.

People will make personal judgments. Especially on a football forum. Get used to it. Nobody likes people preaching and then bragging about how easy this mentality shift actually is. You're not going to change a thing on here.

But, you have your opinion just like everybody else. For all it's worth, I agree with you :)

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Because we don’t want to sell the best player by far in Portugal for a discount. If we need money we have other players we can sell.

He is going to be the biggest transfer in Portuguese league history because if he is sold we will receive 70M up front and not 30M with installments ;)
Nobody is paying that so at least you get to keep him

SportingCP96

Supports
Nobody is paying that so at least you get to keep him
Gladly!

Though personally if he is sold I think will be 60M plus add ons.

Longstaff who has under 20 games in the EPL is being valued at 50M paying 20M more for a better more proven player is not that bad especially in today’s market.

People want Sporting to give him away for “free” wrapped in a bow.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

Is he better than Felix according to you?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Di Marzio was right about this. All that needs to be agreed is the fee, the agent fee, the wage packet, bonuses and length of contract.

Other than all that its really really close though guys, honest. Di Marzio said so. Hahahaha

SportingCP96

Supports
Is he better than Felix according to you?
Right now? Yes. Potential wise? No

If Felix fulfills his potential then he will for sure be better then Bruno.

If we are using last season as a measure then no he is not because Bruno was head and shoulder above any player in Portugal last season including Felix.

Like I said though. Felix ceiling is no doubt higher then Bruno.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Right now? Yes. Potential wise? No

If Felix fulfills his potential then he will for sure be better then Bruno.

If we are using last season as a measure then no he is not because Bruno was head and shoulder above any player in Portugal last season including Felix.

Like I said though. Felix ceiling is no doubt higher then Bruno.
Thanks!

Cliche Guevara

Gladly!

Though personally if he is sold I think will be 60M plus add ons.

Longstaff who has under 20 games in the EPL is being valued at 50M paying 20M more for a better more proven player is not that bad especially in today’s market.

People want Sporting to give him away for “free” wrapped in a bow.
Ah, now, wait a wee minute. Clubs can value players however but until he’s sold for that figure it’s irrelevant.

croadyman

This deal is so hard to read because part of me thinks this will really gather pace after Sunday,however the other part of me thinks Utd only saw him as a option if Pogba left and now he is staying this will go dead.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I'm so very tired of hearing about 'ceilings'.

Almost as tired as hearing about us almost making a bid for this guy all summer.

AmanNits04

Is it just me or others agrees with this too that Bruno is more important for us as a team than Dybala?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This deal is so hard to read because part of me thinks this will really gather pace after Sunday,however the other part of me thinks Utd only saw him as a option if Pogba left and now he is staying this will go dead.
Remind the thread why sunday?

::sonny::

It’s interesting to see how sporting, porto and benfica every year gets big money on selling/trading players but they are always full of debts

Bestietom

I'm tired of hearing this "deal close" for the last 2 months. If we are really interested what is the hold up for so long.

Ishpan2

Is it just me or others agrees with this too that Bruno is more important for us as a team than Dybala?
Midfield is a more gaping hole than false 9. But please, please, we need a top star on this team other than Pogba and De Gea. Dybala can be that, so I say we need him more despite our positional needs.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I'm tired of hearing this "deal close" for the last 2 months. If we are really interested what is the hold up for so long.
There have been several reports saying that we're focused on the Maguire transfer so everything else is queued behind that. Woody only has one pair of hands, doesn't have the luxury of a DoF and also has to juggle all the commercial deals which are the Glazer's priority

pacifictheme

We definitely need midfield creativity, but we should aim to sign both, especially if Lukaku leaves.
Agree completely. Dybala can play as a false 9, classic 10 or out wide (although not his preference) so having both gives us options and means we're not as reliant on one player to always make something happen. City have two players for every attacking position.

Status
Not open for further replies.