BT Sports

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm just sat here wondering why theres 5 of them in the pre game build up.

Abit overkill that surely.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
They’ll undoubtedly attempt to take more from Sky’s piece of the pie, without showing us 3pm games. Which will undoubtedly cost the consumer even more.

No idea why people use these streaming services.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Every time I watch a game on BT Sport, it's obvious the commentators don't watch much football outside of their allocated matches. Having to listen to Jenas and 'Fletch' discuss how De Gea's mistake was uncharacteristic after having "such a good season" and ponder why Ten Hag doesn't "utilise Weghorst's height by sticking him up front so he can win some headers" made it even more of a painful watch than it ought to have been.

Redfan94

Absolute knobhead of the highest order. The sort of bloke who tries to speak to people ‘on their level’ and always ends up coming across like a David Brent/Partridge lovechild.

cyberman

This cnuts the worst. He and BT will have the shit on team A when they’re not playing well in a game talking points but when the team scores a late winner not let it go.
The amount of post match games that treated a win as a loss / bad draw was infuriating. They’re not even talking about the game at that stage but about the team in general.
Rant over

JackRowley

I have decided that when my Virgin contract is up at end of August, I will be cancelling all but Broadband, which to be fair is pretty good, at least where I’m from, and home phone, largely because I have two elderly relatives who rely on contact with traditional phone. I will continue to watch sports on non contract basis, sky sports on NOW, can usually get 6 to 12 months at reduced rates and also withTNT sports will be doing same. At least you can cancel these at any time. I really get wound up with current contracts on Virgin , it’s ok for,them to put up prices within contract period , but if I decide I do t want it any more I get penalised. To me a contract should be binding on both sides.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Despite having Klopp in charge and us still challenging for the league and CL (up to the last day) occasionally, I still CHOSE to cancel Sky and BT years ago. Its not an affordability issue, it's the principle. Mainly because of the oil money.

And it's clearly not going to get better. The 115 charges is just smoke and mirrors while Newcastle slipped in. And soon it will be Qatar Utd. Maybe even Liveroilpool. Football is going through COVID, breathing through one remaining lung, hopes of survival diminished to under 10%. Save your money people.

Loon

:lol:
Martin Keown and David James getting it is fine with me, but poor old Ortis never recovered from dive-bombing during the C4 Athletics coverage, but this guy Humphries has continued to work.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Despite having Klopp in charge and us still challenging for the league and CL (up to the last day) occasionally, I still CHOSE to cancel Sky and BT years ago. Its not an affordability issue, it's the principle. Mainly because of the oil money.

And it's clearly not going to get better. The 115 charges is just smoke and mirrors while Newcastle slipped in. And soon it will be Qatar Utd. Maybe even Liveroilpool. Football is going through COVID, breathing through one remaining lung, hopes of survival diminished to under 10%. Save your money people.
Sounds like it might be time for you to find a new sport to watch. Thankfully I don't think I'll ever feel the same doomsday level of hopelessness about Premier League football, otherwise I would find a better way to spend my free time.

Shake Jism

Was recently quoted £28 pcm for BT Sport via Sky. Quite ridiculous for something that used to be a fiver if you had their broadband. No wonder they're leaking subscribers like an oil rig gusher.

If TNT is more reasonably priced, might consider this, especially with United back in the CL.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Sounds like it might be time for you to find a new sport to watch. Thankfully I don't think I'll ever feel the same doomsday level of hopelessness about Premier League football, otherwise I would find a better way to spend my free time.
It's a gradual process. I was a cricket mad Pakistani fan from the 80/90s but as rumours of match fixing became more evident and proven it turned the sport into WWE for me. Now I don't even know when a game is on. Even a world cup.

No doubt I will be in the same place with PL and European football in the next 5-10 years. I still love the game though and will be supporting my local club at Plough Lane. Finally. :angel:

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Feck, I've been getting BT sport for free for about 3 years now,they fecked up my payment at the start and the fella on the phone give me 3 months credit as comp. Still haven't paid a penny and it works perfectly . Tnt better not feck this .

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The jab at David James was weird.
James was the subject of ridicule for long spells in his career. "Calamity James", the white armani suits. All the nonsense blaming video games for why he'd constantly make huge mistakes.

But it does seem odd for a mere to have a dig now, 20 years later

Loon

James was the subject if ridicule for long spells in his career. "Calamity James" etc. All the nonsense blaming video games for why he'd constantly make huge mistakes.

But it does seem odd for a mere to have a dig now, 20 years later
One I remember, from a United fanzine, was "The Amazing Crap at Coming For Crosses Man."

dinostar77

I read a really good article about how much of a flop BT Sports has been. Cost BT in the region of £2billion and the viewing figures are dire for CL and PL games. Sometimes dipping below 150,000.

When CL was free to air on ITV it was attracting 8-12mil on a wednesday night depending on which english club was playing.

The article had a good suggestion for TNT to put CL game back on free to air and make more revenue off that.

"...There is a radical idea, and I think, very good idea, to show everything on a free-to-air basis for three years on a TV channel and YouTube channel. It would deliver some very big audiences that would be eight or ten times the numbers BT Sport could get on pay TV. It could slice and dice it all up into a thousand clips and packages to drive ad income on social media, as well as pull big advertising income on TV..."

"...This seems an excellent, modern idea. It would have a large and attractive audience to advertise into, attracting far more revenue than can be garnered from subscriptions. Right now, BT Sport actually has ad-free gaps in its commercial breaks, so unattractive is it to advertisers, so that doesn’t bode well for the new channel unless it takes a radically different approach. After three free years and having established a large audience, they can assess whether it’s worth charging for some or all of it."

https://www.football365.com/news/farewell-bt-sport-never-truly-loved-tnt-sports-john-nicholson

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I thank BT for weaning me off football. I refused to pay for it and so missed out on all the European football. Tried an illegal stream once and ended up with a virus so sacked that off. And you know? I didn’t miss it as much as I thought I would. So next to go was Sky Sports. If I wanted to catch a game I went up to my local and had a couple of pints. This dwindled over time. My season ticket went many years ago. Then for some inexplicable reason I rejoined SS this season. (but have watch three games on it) so that will be going at the end of that. I think I’ve just fallen out out love with footy. And it all started with BT.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I read a really good article about how much of a flop BT Sports has been. Cost BT in the region of £2billion and the viewing figures are dire for CL and PL games. Sometimes dipping below 150,000.

When CL was free to air on ITV it was attracting 8-12mil on a wednesday night depending on which english club was playing.

https://www.football365.com/news/farewell-bt-sport-never-truly-loved-tnt-sports-john-nicholson
Jesus, I know BT Sports was doing bad but I had no idea it was this bad! 150k viewers is shockingly low.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I thank BT for weaning me off football. I refused to pay for it and so missed out on all the European football. Tried an illegal stream once and ended up with a virus so sacked that off. And you know? I didn’t miss it as much as I thought I would. So next to go was Sky Sports. If I wanted to catch a game I went up to my local and had a couple of pints. This dwindled over time. My season ticket went many years ago. Then for some inexplicable reason I rejoined SS this season. (but have watch three games on it) so that will be going at the end of that. I think I’ve just fallen out out love with footy. And it all started with BT.
Now you mention it, I'm quite similar. When european football was on free tv I watched it quite regularly and it was easy to get into and watch other games because I was in that mindset too.

Fr. Todd Unctious

The article had a good suggestion for TNT to put CL game back on free to air and make more revenue off that.

"...There is a radical idea, and I think, very good idea, to show everything on a free-to-air basis for three years on a TV channel and YouTube channel. It would deliver some very big audiences that would be eight or ten times the numbers BT Sport could get on pay TV. It could slice and dice it all up into a thousand clips and packages to drive ad income on social media, as well as pull big advertising income on TV..."

"...This seems an excellent, modern idea. It would have a large and attractive audience to advertise into, attracting far more revenue than can be garnered from subscriptions. Right now, BT Sport actually has ad-free gaps in its commercial breaks, so unattractive is it to advertisers, so that doesn’t bode well for the new channel unless it takes a radically different approach. After three free years and having established a large audience, they can assess whether it’s worth charging for some or all of it."

BBC have Weds highlights from 2024 onwards. I do wonder (although the advertising on the intro might be an issue). Amazon have matches as well but not sure if it's the Weds if so then it probably won't happen

dinostar77

BBC have Weds highlights from 2024 onwards. I do wonder (although the advertising on the intro might be an issue). Amazon have matches as well but not sure if it's the Weds if so then it probably won't happen
That will help. Like others gave mentioned i also used to watch alot of european football, till it went behind a paywall. Also i cant be arsed messing around with illegal streams.

Loon

Humphrey is gonna go full Icke down the line. I can predict that far more comfortably than I can the next owner of United...

Golden Nugget

This cnuts the worst. He and BT will have the shit on team A when they’re not playing well in a game talking points but when the team scores a late winner not let it go.
The amount of post match games that treated a win as a loss / bad draw was infuriating. They’re not even talking about the game at that stage but about the team in general.
Rant over
https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/jake-humphrey-football-answer-alan-partridge-bt-sport/

I don’t get BT sports here, but saw this last night. Some of them are in the tweets but there’s plenty of others. The Sir Alex one was quality

Dan_F

I have decided that when my Virgin contract is up at end of August, I will be cancelling all but Broadband, which to be fair is pretty good, at least where I’m from, and home phone, largely because I have two elderly relatives who rely on contact with traditional phone. I will continue to watch sports on non contract basis, sky sports on NOW, can usually get 6 to 12 months at reduced rates and also withTNT sports will be doing same. At least you can cancel these at any time. I really get wound up with current contracts on Virgin , it’s ok for,them to put up prices within contract period , but if I decide I do t want it any more I get penalised. To me a contract should be binding on both sides.
It’s always like this. I cancelled a gym membership on the 10th of the month and they told me it had to be a full months notice, not even 28 days. So they wanted me to pay for 50 days more, otherwise it was a £20 charge.

I told them that when they last increased the price, it was on the 24th of the month (six days notice). So I cancelled the direct debit and told them they weren’t seeing the £20 either. Didn’t hear back…yet.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Now you mention it, I'm quite similar. When european football was on free tv I watched it quite regularly and it was easy to get into and watch other games because I was in that mindset too.
Yeah I watched all of the games I could- not just United. But then, all of a sudden, you’re held to ransom if you want to watch them. Balls to that. I missed the FA cup final- I know it was on terrestrial tv- but the fact I made no effort to watch it as I was at a friends 50th weekend away told me a lot. That would never happen a few years ago pre BT.