Bundesliga 13/14

Winrar

Pep is experimenting way too much with tactics right now and winning the league so early on has done more harm than good in my opinion. Players just can't be arsed in the league anymore.

I wanted us to win that game, even though we've secured the title there are certain games that you just have to win. Beating Dortmund is also a huge boost as we haven't won against them at home for 4 years if I'm not mistaken. Damn it Pep! Hopefully they take something away from this performance, usually a loss like this gives us huge momentum going into the next matches.
DFB Pokal last season?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What said Grosskreutz is a bad player? Someone on this forum.

He's good. Everywhere and gives everything.
The problem with Großkreutz is that his body posture makes him seem clumsy and he does not excell at one particular thing. He is a jack of all traits. One with a huge heart and spirit, though. As squad player he is worth gold.

Deleted member 78215

The problem with Großkreutz is that his body posture makes him seem clumsy and he does not excell at one particular thing. He is a jack of all traits. One with a huge heart and spirit, though. As squad player he is worth gold.
United could do with a Grosskreutz, that's for sure.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Pretty much this, having the best squad is not exactly about having the best players in each position, Großkreutz was able to adapt to every position Klopp thrown him in and even scored some important goals for you lot ( Marseille in group stage is the first that comes to my mind ).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bayern had 71% possession but only 2 shots on goal :lol: That's what pointless possession leads to. Pep needs to change back to how they were before, they need the cutting edge back. The last of it seems to have gone when Thiago got injured. The rest are all too happy to just keep possession and not do anything with it.

Uniquim

First time seeing this jojic guy. Seems a bit like gundogan in his stature. Was he bought as a replacement for him, or just to add depth?
I think they would've moved in for him regardless, but Blaszczykowski's injury might've rushed the transfer a bit. Had a really impressive season for Partizan, before Dortmund came knocking. Has looked decent so far.

Deleted member 78215

Bayern had 71% possession but only 2 shots on goal :lol: That's what pointless possession leads to. Pep needs to change back to how they were before, they need the cutting edge back. The last of it seems to have gone when Thiago got injured. The rest are all too happy to just keep possession and not do anything with it.
As good as Bayern's midfield is, it is not as good as the Barca midfield Pep had. This insane possession game is not suited to their capabilities.

Thiago's absence hasn't helped though, without him that very little pace in central midfield.

Ruht

DFB Pokal last season?
In the league that is. But yeah, at least we've got the DFB Pokal one.

Thiago being injured has really been a major blow. He really started to fit in to the team nicely in recent months. So gutted that he won't play against Madrid, he would have done a great job at opening their defence. It's not only that though, ever since we won the title we haven't been playing so well. I'm not sure how to feel regarding the upcoming Madrid match, but like Balu I'm confident we won't underestimate them and will definitely show up for that game. Is it possible to underestimate Madrid..? :nervous:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
We've played brilliant attacking football in the first half of the season without Thiago. Possession for possession's sake is the problem, not the players. We started with Ribery, Robben, Götze today. Those are very direct players that love to go for the goal and don't look at keeping possession first, the problem clearly is with the tactics at the moment.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Can anyone shed some light on why Klopp did not play Sahin against Madrid in the second leg?
I'm not entirely sure, but I think he had a slight injury. He was subbed off at halftime against Wolfsburg last Saturday. He played the first leg against Madrid though.

kidbob

Do the Budesliga fans reckon that Dortmund could have gotten close to Bayern this year without the massive injury problems or is there too much between the sides? Haven't seen much outside today but Dortmund always seem like they can cause them the most problems, they probably gave them the tightest game in the Champions League last year too.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Dortmund signed Sahin the day after that Madrid match didn't they? Sure I read that somewhere, some were speculating as to whether it was linked to the deal.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Horrible stuff all around: The player's demeanor and body language, the lack of focus, Guardiola's tactics (seriously, what the hell was he thinking? This was suicide and will lead us to certain doom against Madrid)... what has happened in the last few weeks?

I'm still adamant about Pep's 4-3-3 being a worse tactic for us than the previous 4-2-1-3.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Dortmund signed Sahin the day after that Madrid match didn't they? Sure I read that somewhere, some were speculating as to whether it was linked to the deal.
Doubt there's much truth in those rumours. He played in the first leg after all, would be weird if there was some weird clause that allowed him to play only in the first of the two games.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Horrible stuff all around: The player's demeanor and body language, the lack of focus, Guardiola's tactics (seriously, what the hell was he thinking? This was suicide and will lead us to certain doom against Madrid)... what has happened in the last few weeks?

I'm still adamant about Pep's 4-3-3 being a worse tactic for us than the previous 4-2-1-3.
If only we were playing a 4-3-3. That was clearly another shot at a WM-formation.

Ruht

If only we were playing a 4-3-3. That was clearly another shot at a WM-formation.
I think it was yeah. Found this on twitter. I'm not really fond of that formation, it doesn't work - Pep, please move on. I know he is quite stubborn though, I'm sure we are going to see him try it out at least once more this season. :nervous:

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Do the Budesliga fans reckon that Dortmund could have gotten close to Bayern this year without the massive injury problems or is there too much between the sides? Haven't seen much outside today but Dortmund always seem like they can cause them the most problems, they probably gave them the tightest game in the Champions League last year too.
It would have been way closer, but I don´t think it would have mattered ultimatively. Even without our injury problems we would have had a hard time reaching the brutal consistency Bayern showed over the whole season. They were simply too solid this season (again).

But yes, Borussia Dortmund in top shape is one of the greatest dangers for Bayern Munich in a direct confrontation, even when they are at their best (which they clearly weren´t today). We simply excell in the style which can hurt them the most.

Now, over a whole season the differences in squad depth are too great, though, so Dortmund has to hope for mistakes by Munich. We are steadily improving in regards of squad depth, though.

A question to the other Germans on here:

I fully admit being a tad biased towards the boy, but given his development over this season and his recent strong form, could Erik Durm become an alternative for Brazil? It is no secret that he works very well together with Reus, who normally also plays this position in the national team.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I fully admit being a tad biased towards the boy, but given his development over this season and his recent strong form, could Erik Durm become an alternative for Brazil? It is no secret that he works very well together with Reus, who normally also plays this position in the national team.
Is he really already first choice ahead of Schmelzer? I don't really care about our fullbacks, they will suck anyway (I expect Lahm to play in midfield).

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I think it was yeah. Found this on twitter. I'm not really fond of that formation, it doesn't work - Pep, please move on. I know he is quite stubborn though, I'm sure we are going to see him try it out at least once more this season. :nervous:

I'm really worried that it'll work against Kaiserslautern and that he will keep playing it because of that :nervous:

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Is he really already first choice ahead of Schmelzer? I don't really care about our fullbacks, they will suck anyway (I expect Lahm to play in midfield).
Hard to say given Schmelzer´s injuries and Durm´s recent jump in his development. Normally, probably not yet, but I have doubts that Schmelzer will reach his normal level in time for the world cup. He is sheduled to return in two weeks and will probably make maybe two or three matches for Dortmund before the world cup, but it often takes some time to fully recover the form after an injury.

I still believe playing Lahm in midfield is a crime when you have natural midfielders available. We have the best RB in the world in the team and play him out of position :rolleyes:

NoLogo

It would have been way closer, but I don´t think it would have mattered ultimatively. Even without our injury problems we would have had a hard time reaching the brutal consistency Bayern showed over the whole season. They were simply too solid this season (again).

But yes, Borussia Dortmund in top shape is one of the greatest dangers for Bayern Munich in a direct confrontation, even when they are at their best (which they clearly weren´t today). We simply excell in the style which can hurt them the most.

Now, over a whole season the differences in squad depth are too great, though, so Dortmund has to hope for mistakes by Munich. We are steadily improving in regards of squad depth, though.

A question to the other Germans on here:

I know I have spoken fairly negative about him in the past but the games against Real and Bayern have actually convinced me that you are right about him, there is certainly potential in this guy and he really convinced me defensively in both games which I thought before was never going to be a strong suite of his.

Considering that we essentially have no one that is a real option as a left defender apart from Schmelzer I think he should come into consideration for a spot in the national team this summer. It will be a risk but not much more then taking Aogo or Jansen who both haven't really shown anything to suggest they would do a better job then Durm on the international stage.

Ruht

Julian Brandt just scored his 2nd Bundesliga goal for Leverkusen. Nicely chipped the ball over the keeper!

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Schmelzer was always solid for Dortmund, but played pretty terrible for the national team. Durm has still some weaknesses in the defense and he could get into serious trouble without the proper cover/team cohesion. Is there another friendly, where Löw could test him?
I´d pick Großkreutz for that position. He has proven that he can perform on the big stage. I love his workrate and he also never looked intimidated by pressure. I trust him to perform properly on the defensive end of the pitch even when the players around him dont support him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Schmelzer was always solid for Dortmund, but played pretty terrible for the national team. Durm has still some weaknesses in the defense and he could get into serious trouble without the proper cover/team cohesion. Is there another friendly, where Löw could test him?
I´d pick Großkreutz for that position. He has proven that he can perform on the big stage. I love his workrate and he also never looked intimidated by pressure. I trust him to perform properly on the defensive end of the pitch even when the players around him dont support him.
I'll be honest I think you're wrong. Durms last few games has proved he's more than capable of defending very well. He seems to have focussed more on defending lately rather than pushing forward and it's helped his game. The Dortmund forum I read have him ahead of Schmelzer this season, I've got to agree with them.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
This shows which player missed how many league games in 2013/14

Ruht

Matthäus was quoted by BILD as saying that he should be called-up by Löw for the WC. Those last two performances have really made more people recognise him as a genuine talent I reckon. Deservedly so, to think he was a striker not too long. Speaks of his quality, never mind that of Klopp. I'm pretty sure Löw is going to keep a closer eye on him now.

Something interesting I read last night, according to Sport1 Gundogan is in Crimea at the moment and will undergo surgery in a Russian military hospital. Yes, you read that right. :nervous:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

Thiago is a bit of a sick note, isn't this already the 3rd time in 2 seasons where he is out for around 2-3 months? Is it always the same injury?

Blackwidow

It would be more interesting to see that with Schalke and Dortmund. Schalke is only 3 points behind them and their injury problems were bigger - their 18 and 19 year olds permanently have played this season and key players like Hunter have been out for months. That Dortmund can beat Bayern because of their system and especially when it means more to the one team than to the others is not really a surprise.

The problems Dortmund had this season in the league (and already last year!) had more to do with their system and not with injuries. And in the CL they played a good season.

I do not know anything about the injuries of Thiago at Barcelona. But it is the second time at Bayern. He has to learn to go into the duels real and not only half. Then usually nothing happens.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Thiago had several different injuries. His first injury this season was a torn Syndesmosis ligament (ankle) . Now he has a torn medial collateral ligament (knee). He had knee problems/injury years back, but i highly doubt that this has anything to do with the current injuries. It looks like bad luck.

Ruht

If only Mkhitaryan could finish like that against Madrid, what could have been! :nervous: 1:0 for Dortmund in the semi-final against Wolfsburg. Great goal from the Armenian just outside the box. Good game so far.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich

I really really hope Neuer is fit for the game against Real, we're fecked if not.

Not sure if the line-up today says a lot about the possible line-up against Real, but it would be great if both Mandzukic and Müller are rested today, because they start against Madrid. That could mean that we will play a more direct team, closer to last season's tactics.

NoLogo

If only Mkhitaryan could finish like that against Madrid, what could have been! :nervous: 1:0 for Dortmund in the semi-final against Wolfsburg. Great goal from the Armenian just outside the box. Good game so far.
I actually thought that was excatly the way he felt he. After his short celebration he looked quite sad and had the feeling that he was thinking about his missed chances in the Madrid game.

Ruht

I actually thought that was excatly the way he felt he. After his short celebration he looked quite sad and had the feeling that he was thinking about his missed chances in the Madrid game.
It was quite evident he was feeling very down, can't blame him really. The goals against us and Wolfsburg came at a great time for him though.

@Balu I really hope this is what it means, I'd love to see a more direct team against Madrid. Hopefully Javi won't play as a CB then, that would be disastrous against Madrid.

Meanwhile Dortmund leading 2:1 at home to Mainz. Jojic looks like a very good addition to their squad by the way. Firmino also with an assist for a Kevin Volland goal.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Unbelievable how we turned to shit within a few weeks. There's no way we beat Real, if we play like that :(.

Kostur

海尔的老板
BVB 2 - 1 Mainz HT.

Bizzare first two goals from Jojić ( Kirch ? ) and then Hummels OG. First one shouldn't have stood imo, should've been a handball, then a goal by Lewy from great BVB counterattack.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Unbelievable how we turned to shit within a few weeks. There's no way we beat Real, if we play like that :(.
always look on the bright side of life. I am super excited and scared. :lol: I wasnt that nervous ahead of a game since the CL final.:drool: After a small down you´ll appreciate the next up even more.

Ruht

We have been awful lately, I'm honestly scared as shit about the Real game. We are really struggling for form, however I'm not sure how much we can take away from the league games. I feel like the players are being cautious trying to stay away from injuries hence a little bit of edge is missing. Fingers-crossed they will turn up in the CL, but I'm very pessimistic at this point. :(

Wow, Dortmund - Mainz is turning into a real cracker. Mainz score to make it 2:2 and minutes later Dortmund go in front again.

Oh we scored, yes!

Last edited:

Blackwidow

@Balu I really hope this is what it means, I'd love to see a more direct team against Madrid. Hopefully Javi won't play as a CB then, that would be disastrous against Madrid.
Müller and Mandzukic came in very late. Looks like it. They came in for Ribery and Robben.

Müller preassisted the 1:0 (goal Pizarro, Götze assist) and Mandzu made the 2:0 (assist from the goalkeeper Raeder!!!)[/USER]