g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bundesliga 2016/17

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The ref lost control, but Tuchel didn't exactly help to make it an easier game to referee.
Maybe, although Tuchel said time and time again that it was the quantity of the fouls against us and not the judgement of indivual offenses, which rubbed him the wrong way. The media blew it completely out of proportion and this might be something for Tuchel to learn from aswell as he does not coach Mainz anymore but a far bigger club.

I also question the decision of the DFB of sending in a ref with a grand total of six games under his belt here. Put in a more experienced ref and nothing happens. It was not a brutal game before that scene after all, hard but not unfair.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
As for the topic of Ribery, you know damn well that the cnut is a sore topic for my club, and bringing him up in the middle of the game after an at least debateble red and then expecting rationality is asking a bit too much, don´t you think?
No, I don't think so. That's more your problem than mine as far as I'm concerned, especially since I didn't defend him or anything. I didn't even use him mockingly, but as a bad example. Strange and overblown bite reflex on your part in my eyes.

Edit: It goes without saying that Lustenberger's reaction was ridiculous, but I stand by my opinion that it's not that ridiculous a red card as people argue on here. Hard red, sure, but not indefensible from where I stand.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Gee willickers, our defense still can't handle crosses...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Starting to think the rib injury was just an excuse to skip the two qualifiers for Orange. Robben seems fit to me.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Hope all the Pep hating Bayern fans are happy now, enjoying the beautiful, breathtakingly entertaining football they are getting served now that our players have been set free..

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
We need a better midfield. Alonso and Thiago, as much as it pains me to admit it, just aren't up to it. Without Vidal we are literally spineless.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
We need a better midfield. Alonso and Thiago, as much as it pains me to admit it, just aren't up to it. Without Vidal we are literally spineless.
It's not a problem of individuals. We are terrible against the ball, as a team.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
That being said, Alonso indeed shouldn't be starting anymore. He's amassed more than enough misplaced passes and instances of being overrun now to warrant a cozy place as an experienced luxury backup.

I'm starting to think we should put Martinez back in midfield along with 2 of Thiago/Vidal/Kimmich/Renato. At least he seems a must when Vidal is missing.
However I still think the pairing of Vidal and Thiago is absolutely fecking huge. Love those two together on the pitch.

Also can't wait until Hummels is benched by Badstuber.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
That being said, Alonso indeed shouldn't be starting anymore. He's amassed more than enough misplaced passes and instances of being overrun now to warrant a cozy place as an experienced luxury backup.

I'm starting to think we should put Martinez back in midfield along with 2 of Thiago/Vidal/Kimmich/Renato. At least he seems a must when Vidal is missing.
However I still think the pairing of Vidal and Thiago is absolutely fecking huge. Love those two together on the pitch.

Also can't wait until Hummels is benched by Badstuber.
I've been saying this for years now. He was an absolute fecking monster in midfield, we looked like a completely different team whenever he played there. It's horrible folly to let him waste away on the bench or as CB when he's one of the best in his position worldwide once fit.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
I've been saying this for years now. He was an absolute fecking monster in midfield, we looked like a completely different team whenever he played there. It's horrible folly to let him waste away on the bench or as CB when he's one of the best in his position worldwide once fit.
We didn't need him under Pep so much, since our defense was based on having possession and pressing as soon as it's lost. Pep's 4-1-4-1, or 2-3-5 with the fullbacks in midfield lol, made sense without Martinez in midfield.
Whenever he played midfield in the last seasons he looked off pace and rhythm IMO.

But now if we're going to stumble across the pitch semi-organized like we are at this moment, we desperately need players who can get themselves into midfield challenges, like Vidal or Martinez.

My only wish towards Carlo in terms of football was that he'd retain our high pressing to an extent. Doesn't seem like that's happening.

Blackwidow

Could we talk about that "strikerfoul"? Müller did not do anything and was only the victim of an elbow by a player that was already on a yellow? Great position for a freekick, too...

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Looking better already with Sanches of all people instead of Gramps in midfield.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Hummels is still a catastrophe...
If only Badstuber could stay healthy for longer than 4 hours.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Sanches looks like a different player compared to 4 weeks ago. Still far from perfect but he's fitting in much better than before.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Sanches looks like a different player compared to 4 weeks ago. Still far from perfect but he's fitting in much better than before.
Not suprising he'd need time. New league, new club. Stronger league, bigger club, no less. He'll need much more time. He's 18 after all. Suffices if he's top in five years...

izec

Wtf is Gladbach doing? 2 missed penalties and Hamburg play with 10 men since the 30th min or something.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Our defense is atrocious...
Chandler by some cm in offside but that's not what I'm mad about.

Kostur

海尔的老板
That chest goal :lol: poor defending, especially from Alaba.

Poor from Lahm now, somebody more competent and it's a three.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Looks like it's not meant to be again. At least Dortmund didn't win... small solace given our overall performance in the first half and our defense in general.

ctp

What's with all the pens today? Dortmund had one too, yesterday. Six in total, if I've counted them right.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
If Dortmund stop dropping silly points, they actually can win the title this season. Bayern Munich isn't as dominant as before.