Bundesliga 2016/17

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Not a good start for me:( Baba, Pisczek and Draxler sucked, Gomez & Kalou didn't play. Can get only better, though I can already see that my approach of spreading my budget evenly among the squad wasn't a good one.
Should have gone all in for the strikers and a top goalie, and fill the defense and midfield with scrubs.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
But you are talking like Bayern, Barca, Real pay a pittance, they really don't, their best players are paid like the PL's best players.

The difference is Bayern, Barca and Real pay that wages to world beaters and players which have proven themselves and extend their contract. PL teams pay that basically to anyone who has a name.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
The difference is Bayern, Barca and Real pay that wages to world beaters and players which have proven themselves and extend their contract. PL teams pay that basically to anyone who has a name.
No, i would say very often "to everyone who can run 3 meters without falling over his own legs".

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
No, i would say very often "to everyone who can run 3 meters without falling over his own legs".
Ah come on, this is bullshite. There are many world class players in the PL and you know it. Do you really want to continue exchanging infantile digs in this thread?

I start to think that a 'European league comparison ONLY HERE' thread just like that Messi/Ronaldo thread would be a damn good thing.

Bernerr

Supports
Bayern
Not a good start for me:( Baba, Pisczek and Draxler sucked, Gomez & Kalou didn't play. Can get only better, though I can already see that my approach of spreading my budget evenly among the squad wasn't a good one.
Should have gone all in for the strikers and a top goalie, and fill the defense and midfield with scrubs.
One or even two top Strikers are really the key in this game. Lewa or Auba deliver insane amounts of points.. But good defensive and midfield players are important as well as they deliver a lot of points when scoring goals.

Different topic, Caligiuri is in talks with Schalke 04 and this thing seems to be happening. Schalke sure is in need of some proper wingers but i dont think Caligiuri is the solution for their issues. In my oppionion he overperformed two seasons ago and now cant live up to this expectations. I would rate Konoplyanka who is reported to be their backup plan much higher. For Wolfsburg this should be a good deal in case of Son deal is really happening

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München
I start to think that a 'European league comparison ONLY HERE' thread just like that Messi/Ronaldo thread would be a damn good thing.
That would be brilliant. It would save lots of threads and make for quite the entertaining spectacle of a thread :lol:

As to Schalke:
I think Weinzierl and Heidel will turn Schalke around.
Until now Weinzierl always managed to get the maximum out of his clubs, helping Regensburg reach the second league (after he left they were promptly relegated two times ending up in the Regionalliga Bayern and only managing to get promoted to the 3rd league last season) and establishing Augsburg in the Bundesliga together with their great manager Reuter and even reaching the Europa League with them.

The only thing Schalke has to do is give them time and not panic if they don't reach the Cl this season against Gladbach and Leverkusen.
I'm quite sure Heidel and Weinzierl have a plan how to make them the German number 3 (which they should be) - but they will need time to do that, especially considering that both Leverkusen and Gladbach have better teams currently.

Another intersting question will be which 3 teams from the second Bundesliga manage to snatch the three top spots.
- Hannover 96 (personally...I don't really need them in the Bundesliga)
- Stuttgart (They finally got rid of Dutt)
- Nürnberg (I just hate the relegation games)
- 1860 München (They finally got a decent manager with Eichin and even two players I know in Aigner and Olic - but they still got the worst timing with both Stuttgart and Hannover being relegated)
- Any other team in the second Bundesliga I might have forgot (who might manage to surprise everyone this time? ... I mean come on Darmstadt? :eek: Just how?)

And as for Darmstadt:
They have already been preparing for the second League since they managed to get into the Bundesliga.
Their plan has to be quite simple - grab as much money as they can and establish themselves in the second Bundesliga, 'cause there is just no way that they could actually manage to establish themselves in the Bundesliga.
They simply don't have the potential to increase their revenue enough to manage that.
It has already been a miracle that Darmstadt somehow managed to survive last season. This was in no small part due to the utter madness and incompetence from other clubs, but if they survive this season there can be no doubt that the devil wears a Darmstadt jersey.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
So what do you guys know about Toljan, saw him during the Olympics (2 matches in total) and was impressed. Is he highly rated or was he just having a good tournament?

Thread warning.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
THIS IS A THREAD FOR DISCUSSION ABOUT MATCHES TAKING PLACE IN BUNDESLIGA 2016. ANY DISCUSSION/COMPARISON ABOUT THE RELATIVE STRENGTH OF LEAGUES OR ABOUT THE QUALITY OF TEAMS FROM DIFFERENT LEAGUES IS NOT WELCOMED HERE. DON'T TAKE THIS TOPIC OFF THREAD. POSTERS WILL BE THREAD BANNED FROM NOW ON.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
So what do you guys know about Toljan, saw him during the Olympics (2 matches in total) and was impressed. Is he highly rated or was he just having a good tournament?
I read some days ago that Nagelsman is planning with him his a starter. There were also some rumours about Bayern showing interest in him.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Went for one superstar striker with Lewa and Alex Meier who was quite cheap considering his prolific output. :drool:

My 3 Wolfsburg squad players will probably turn out to be problematic.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Different topic, Caligiuri is in talks with Schalke 04 and this thing seems to be happening. Schalke sure is in need of some proper wingers but i dont think Caligiuri is the solution for their issues. In my oppionion he overperformed two seasons ago and now cant live up to this expectations. I would rate Konoplyanka who is reported to be their backup plan much higher. For Wolfsburg this should be a good deal in case of Son deal is really happening
Schlacke is desperate. Heidel just realized how bad their squad is.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Schlacke is desperate. Heidel just realized how bad their squad is.
Konoplyanka would be a quality signing, there's no doubt about that. Caligiuri is a solid hard worker, not bad as a squad player.
Regarding Gnabry, it's official. Somewhat funny, considering Heidel's remark about those 17 out of 18 clubs, who were interested in him:D
Not sure sending him to the green Titanic is a smart idea, but he isn't a big risk for us. At worst, he'll end up at some other BuLi club.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
THIS IS A THREAD FOR DISCUSSION ABOUT MATCHES TAKING PLACE IN BUNDESLIGA 2016. ANY DISCUSSION/COMPARISON ABOUT THE RELATIVE STRENGTH OF LEAGUES OR ABOUT THE QUALITY OF TEAMS FROM DIFFERENT LEAGUES IS NOT WELCOMED HERE. DON'T TAKE THIS TOPIC OFF THREAD. POSTERS WILL BE THREAD BANNED FROM NOW ON.
I love you.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I read some days ago that Nagelsman is planning with him his a starter. There were also some rumours about Bayern showing interest in him.
Looked good going forward, good pace and technique. Should be interesting to see how he gets on, Germany do need som good full-backs.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Schalke signing Konoplyanka.
Good player, but he seems to have a bit of an attitude. 'Players with attitude' and 'Schalke' usually are plot elements of stories without a happy ending.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
The hate for Schalke on this forum is bizarre. They signed Konoplyanka, Bentaleb, Stambouli, Naldo and Embolo. That's quality experience mixed with highly rated youngsters. If Gladbach would've done that everyone would be drooling over their 'smart business'.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Please point me toward instances of 'hate' towards Schalke, if we exempt an outspoken BVB fan.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
I kinda developed a soft spot for Schalke, probably because they have a lot of young, very talented players.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I kinda developed a soft spot for Schalke, probably because they have a lot of young, very talented players.
Me too. Their habit to go auto-destruct periodically is kind of funny, but since I'm primarily a football fan I'd really love them to get their act together.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The hate for Schalke on this forum is bizarre. They signed Konoplyanka, Bentaleb, Stambouli, Naldo and Embolo. That's quality experience mixed with highly rated youngsters. If Gladbach would've done that everyone would be drooling over their 'smart business'.
Well, it is good business as has been expected by Heidel. In my book the only questionable transfer was Naldo (his regress in terms of quality las season should be worrying), but overall I think they closed the gap to Gladbach in terms of squad quality this window. If that will make them an equally strong team remains to be seen as Gladbach is logically the better working unit right now.

If Heidel and Weinzierl can make the team click and finally bring some calm into the club (which will be even for them no easy task), I expect them to fight Gladbach and maybe even Leverkusen or us (although both have stronger teams by a good margin) for the CL spots.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Schlacke fight for a special spot and get it since years: the "Comedy-spot". They really figh for that and earn it. Thats their role since decades and all fans are benefiting from that. What funny things this club was producing is just great, nobody could imagine things like that before (The coaches, the CEO, the managment, transfers and players like Boateng, Sam and all the stuff they produced together...brilliant). Iam a a little bit afraid of the possibility of Heidels competence and Weinzierl's too, but on the other side its interesting if they can manage to sort things out and have a development. But if you have a look, they maybe dont stop with their little comedy even with Heidel+Weinzierl: few days ago they claimed (again) that if Bayern struggles they have to be there ( :lol: ), or another example, Weinzierl said they want to differ from Dortmund, a point where you think "so for you 20points are not enough of difference?

Last edited:

Kant-ona

About "Kickermanager-Liga": Does anybody know, why my points cannot be seen in the Redcafe-League? Is there anything I must change in the setting? Because in my other league, there is no problem.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
I'm pretty sure it's @RW2 from the newbies.
I see I'm winning the league. . . ;)

As regards being a newbie, I'm posting here two and a half years and I'm only allowed five posts per day in the forums. . .

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
In my fantasy football league one guy has Müller and Lewandowski in his squad. He might do nothing all season and win by default, it's basically cheating. :( ^^

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
In my fantasy football league one guy has Müller and Lewandowski in his squad. He might do nothing all season and win by default, it's basically cheating. :( ^^
I doubt it.

Muller is overrated. Sure Lewandowski will score goals but what is the rest of his squad like?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I doubt it.

Muller is overrated. Sure Lewandowski will score goals but what is the rest of his squad like?
He won last season by a good margin, just because of those two - don't think that will change this year. (we're playing comunio, by the way)
The rest of his squad is rather mediocre, but that doesn't matter that much when you have two players with average points in the double-digit area.
1. Bonmann
160.000 0 Torhüter
2. Wiedwald
1.370.000 0 Torhüter
3. Verhaegh
2.560.000 -2 Abwehr
4. Halstenberg
1.640.000 2 Abwehr
5. F. Jungwirth
360.000 0 Abwehr
6. J. Horn
160.000 0 Abwehr
7. Wollscheid
3.900.000 0 Abwehr
8. Risse
4.520.000 10 Mittelfeld
9. Malli
4.790.000 0 Mittelfeld
10. Çalhanoğlu
5.180.000 2 Mittelfeld
11. Castro
5.330.000 2 Mittelfeld
12. Xabi Alonso
6.470.000 12 Mittelfeld
13. M. Eggestein
390.000 0 Mittelfeld
14. Mutō
3.510.000 3 Sturm
15. Lewandowski
15.510.000 21 Sturm
16. T. Müller
11.630.000 12 Sturm

My current line-up is:

no-name goalie (had Fährmann, but had to let him go in order to keep other players - now another guy in the league got him at the start of the season :'-( )

Wendt - Strobl - Regäsel (had Selassie on match day one, because I was on vacation and forgot to take him down against Bayern :mad:)

Götze - Rode - Weiser - Draxler - Kimmich

Schürrle - Huntelaar

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
No offense, but wouldn't it be a good idea to create a seperate Fantasy Football / Kicker Manager thread?

Would make sense for both the manager game and Bundesliga discussions.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Well, I guess Bundesliga fantasy football is not of enough interest for the redcafe in general to deserve its own thread. So we probably should leave it or turn to private conversations.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Well, I guess Bundesliga fantasy football is not of enough interest for the redcafe in general to deserve its own thread. So we probably should leave it or turn to private conversations.
It was only a suggestion. It still works the way it is now, since the overall number of posts for both topics is not that big anyway.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Is the FF in German? Would have liked to have done one.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Is the FF in German? Would have liked to have done one.
Comunio.de is in German, yeah (if that's what you asked? ^^). But I'm frankly not sure if there aren't better ones - the one at kicker.de is quite popular, I think.

Blackwidow

There is still hope in Schalke's dreamworld for the match on Friday

(it is old - from 2012)

and

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Comunio.de is in German, yeah (if that's what you asked? ^^). But I'm frankly not sure if there aren't better ones - the one at kicker.de is quite popular, I think.
I'm not invested enough to play Comunio because I get tired of having to change my squad every week, seeking max. profit from transfers etc.
The kicker one is a nice, hassle free alternative for the casual player: Pick a team, one transfer window in the winter, pick your formation.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
You can play comunio the same way, and even win if your squad is good enough relative to the others in your league ;)

Btt: finally that stupid international break is over - and I'm going to miss tonight's match nevertheless. :(

Fun facts:

Last time Schalke managed to win against Bayern (2010) Manuel Neuer was their keeper, and van Gaal was our coach. (I remember that one - he was incredibly frustratingly superhuman in that match.)

The current record goal scorer against Bayern in Schalke's squad is... Benedikt Höwedes (3 goals).

Since Rafinha switched from Schalke to Bayern, he played them 7 times, and always won.

I'll throw in a video of Schalke's last win, I'm feeling generous.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Can we ask about the German posters opinions on some players playing for BL clubs in here? There is a few I am curious about.

Blackwidow

Kruse is doing his rehab programme in the Czech republic participating in a poker tournament.

The manager told that he can get lymphdrainage there and that he is not allowed to put too much weight on his leg. That will not be harmed by playing poker... :cool:

Can we ask about the German posters opinions on some players playing for BL clubs in here? There is a few I am curious about.
Just ask.