Bundesliga 2016/17

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
So I watched a few Bor. M'Gladbach matches last year due to the Norwegian playing there, Haavard Nordtveit. But the one who caught my eye were Mahmoud Dahoud, how do you guys rate him and his potential? He already looks so good for being so young. Already been linked to Liverpool if I am not mistaken.

Also how do you guys he reckon to the other often mentioned MF talents in BL, namely Leonid Goretzka and Julian Weigl? I reckon Weigl is obvious the best one, though he plays a bit more withdrawn on the pitch than Goretzka and Dahoud.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
So I watched a few Bor. M'Gladbach matches last year due to the Norwegian playing there, Haavard Nordtveit. But the one who caught my eye were Mahmoud Dahoud, how do you guys rate him and his potential? He already looks so good for being so young. Already been linked to Liverpool if I am not mistaken.

Also how do you guys he reckon to the other often mentioned MF talents in BL, namely Leonid Goretzka and Julian Weigl? I reckon Weigl is obvious the best one, though he plays a bit more withdrawn on the pitch than Goretzka and Dahoud.
In my opinion he's too good for Liverpool. His contract expires in 2018, so he'll probably move to Bayern or Dortmund or the PL next year.

Blackwidow

Rakitic :D

That Louis van Gaal rapid counterattacking football :drool:
That Breno Tymo central defense :drool:
Neuer :drool:
But the 1st goal was caused because the two did not just have to deal with the strikers but the rest of the team did not come back fast enough. And Bayern had enough chances to lead...

My favourite Schalke match is this...

It is the other Bundesliga match in this season (the cup match Bayern lost) and Neuer's last match against Bayern for Schalke.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Line-ups!

Starting-11 FC Schalke 04

Ralf Fährmann (1)

Naldo (29)

Benedikt Höwedes (4)

Matija Nastasic (31)

Abdul Rahman Baba (14)

Yevhen Konoplyanka (11)

Benjamin Stambouli (17)

Leon Goretzka (8)

Nabil Bentaleb (10) Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (25)

Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (13)

Subs FC Schalke 04

Alexander Nübel (35)
Dennis Aogo (15)
Sascha Riether (27)
Sead Kolasinac (6)
Johannes Geis (5)
Max Meyer (7)
Breel Embolo (36)

Starting-11 FC Bayern München

Manuel Neuer (1)

Philipp Lahm (21)

Mats Hummels (5)

David Alaba (27)

Javier Martinez (8)

Franck Ribery (7)

Xabi Alonso (14)

Thiago (6)

Renato Sanches (35)

Thomas Müller (25)

Robert Lewandowski (9)

Subs FC Bayern München

Sven Ulreich (26)
Rafinha (13)
Juan Bernat (18)
Arturo Vidal (23)
Douglas Costa (11)
Joshua Kimmich (32)
Julian Green (37)

I'm hoping for 45+ Minutes for Kimmich. And welcome to the Bundesliga, Renato Sanches :)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Interesting having both Geis and Meyer benched. Was wondering who'd pay the price with the signings of Stambouli and Bentaleb. They still don't make much sense to me.

Is Goretzka playing as the 10 in that lineup?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The bundesliga.de liveticker thinks so: http://liveticker.bundesliga.de/#,n1

Btw, I think Ralf Fährmann is really underrated, especially by the Bundes-Jogi. He should have been called to the national team for the Euros.
Thanks :) How come Fährmann has so few league appearances for Schalke? Had he been a sub to begin with?

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Very excited to see Renate :drool:

Is Höwedes playing RB at Schalke or how is this nowadays?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Thanks :) How come Fährmann has so few league appearances for Schalke? Had he been a sub to begin with?
He's their number one for some time now, but he was injured for months last(?) season (or the season before).

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

All 3 are big talents with the potential for WC. Dahoud most offensive minded of them, he shares some similarities with Gündogan. His defensive workrate has still huge room for improvement, though. For that reason, Schubert didn't give him a lot of minutes in this season so far. He has an exit clause in his contract and can leave for a meager 10m by the end of the season. I hope we'll be in for him.
Goretzka is a very complete player, who can take over any midfield position. He's tall, strong, good on the ball and very intelligent. He's destined to play for a big club sooner or later, if can stay free from bigger injuries.
As for Weigl, I'm sure he's had enough exposition for you to make up your own mind about him. There's also the CL of course to watch him, if you can't be bothered watching BVB in the BuLi

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
The bundesliga.de liveticker thinks so: http://liveticker.bundesliga.de/#,n1

Btw, I think Ralf Fährmann is really underrated, especially by the Bundes-Jogi. He should have been called to the national team for the Euros.
Fährmann is ok, but he's not better than Ter Stegen and Leno. We have a few other goalies on his level in Trapp, Karius, Horn, and Zieler

Consistency issues. His last season was the first where he played reliably on a high level

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Fährmann is ok, but he's not better than Ter Stegen and Leno. We have a few other goalies on his level in Trapp, Karius, Horn, and Zieler

Consistency issues. His last season was the first where he played reliably on a high level
I find it hard to call Fährmann inconsistent and then place ter Stegen above him :p

ctp

Schalke look pretty good so far, Bayern lose possession too easily.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I like the way Sanches tries, but he has to stop losing the ball asap.

Oh, ref's injured. Time waster

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
An in-form Ribery is still the best player in the league.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Ridiculous yellow there for Howedes, Schalke better so far.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Wonder about that Hummels on Konoplyanka minutes ago. Sure, Konoplyanka released the ball already but it was a dangerous play by Hummels there imo, late tackle.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bayern better hope that Vidal´s knees stay intact in this season. This midfield of Bayern is extremely fragile. Impressive pressure by the Blues. Need to capatilise soon, though.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's really wasteful at times. That was such a big chance.
That is his one real weak spot. Always was, probably always will be. Still the most complete striker in the world. If he would be colder in front of the goal he would be the best #9 right now.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Schalke clearly better so far. This midfield is an accident waiting to happen. Sanches played a woeful first half, Alonso is invisibile and Thiago ineffectual. This 4-3-3 looks useless.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
All 3 are big talents with the potential for WC. Dahoud most offensive minded of them, he shares some similarities with Gündogan. His defensive workrate has still huge room for improvement, though. For that reason, Schubert didn't give him a lot of minutes in this season so far. He has an exit clause in his contract and can leave for a meager 10m by the end of the season. I hope we'll be in for him.
Goretzka is a very complete player, who can take over any midfield position. He's tall, strong, good on the ball and very intelligent. He's destined to play for a big club sooner or later, if can stay free from bigger injuries.
As for Weigl, I'm sure he's had enough exposition for you to make up your own mind about him. There's also the CL of course to watch him, if you can't be bothered watching BVB in the BuLi
Thanks for the info. With a buyout clause that low we've got no chance for Dahoud, considering he is German and all. Bayern will be all over that.

In your opinion, is Goretzka defensively adept enough to function in a midfield two with a player like Pogba who contributes defensively, but is mainly focused on attacking? And since you mention injuries, is he known to be injury prone?

Yeah Weigl I've seen plenty off. IMO will be one of the worlds top holding mids in the Carrick mold in a season or two. I imagine he is near impossible to prize away from Dortmund though.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
The Neuer dandruff commercial is so cringy I nearly bit my cigarette in half

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Wonder about that Hummels on Konoplyanka minutes ago. Sure, Konoplyanka released the ball already but it was a dangerous play by Hummels there imo, late tackle.
IMO that's a clear penalty, no idea what the heck Hummels was doing there. Got lucky.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I believe that it won´t be long until most on here finally realize how much of a monster Guardiola is when it comes to being a league manager (both in terms of Bayern and City). He gave Bayern such a huge edge in terms of overall consitency that it made the rest of the league look worse that they actually were. I have not seen Bayern under so much fire in quite some time. If teams show the same kind of guts this Schalke team does right now, then they become beatable.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
I believe that it won´t be long until most on here finally realize how much of a monster Guardiola is when it comes to being a league manager (both in terms of Bayern and City). He gave Bayern such a huge edge in terms of overall consitency that it made the rest of the league look worse that they actually were. I have not seen Bayern under so much fire in quite some time. If teams show the same kind of guts this Schalke team does right now, then they become beatable.
Yep. Guardiola is an incredible league manager, and it's exactly because of the way his teams play. You can lament about 'meaningless' possession all you want, but Pep's consistent success shows it's not meaningless at all since it allows consistent domination and control of games, regardless of opponent. Also of course it leads to fantastic defensive numbers.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Fun seeing Konoplyanka, who was yapping about how shit EPL is and he wouldn't go there not too long time ago, end up at Schalke.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Schalke always was a sort of a sleeping giant and Weinzierl is no slouch.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Vidal is coming on, fecking finally. We can't live without him in midfield anymore.