Bundesliga 2016/17

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Sorry, but for me, this has always been the mystification of an essentially simple idea and also, a certain snobbism of his believers with their acquired "tastes" against the plebs which won't get their messias' ideas.

Giving very specific instructions in a system which never (and no, it didn't) changed in any meaningful way isnt necessarily the sign of a genius. In fact, the Blog you cited also very much outlays WHY he was criticized and why those people were right to criticize him, you can read it both ways. It is just proof of what I hated about him: his absurd micromanagement and his stubbornness.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Guardiola essentially committed ritual suicide against us in 2014. In 2015 he had half the team injured against an already superior barcelona side, but again the camp nou thrashing was partially on him. Last season against atletico, first half at the calderon was his fault(player's intensity is down to the manager afterall. It's his job to ensure they don't sleepwalk through the first half of the game) but the other 3 halves he got them to play perhaps the best football the club has played since heynckes, and was just unlucky not to go through

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Guardiola essentially committed ritual suicide against us in 2014. In 2015 he had half the team injured against an already superior barcelona side, but again the camp nou thrashing was partially on him. Last season against atletico, first half at the calderon was his fault(player's intensity is down to the manager afterall. It's his job to ensure they don't sleepwalk through the first half of the game) but the other 3 halves he got them to play perhaps the best football the club has played since heynckes, and was just unlucky not to go through
It wasn't on him. We were holding on to a 0-0 for 75mins, before Messi switched to GOAT-mode and destroyed us on his own.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
That's rewriting history. Never saw us so helpless in this decade.
No, it isn't. We conceded in Min 77(Messi), Min 80(Messi), and in stoppage time(Neymar). I remember this game well. We were under tremendous pressure for the first 30 mins, and very lucky to not concede there, but after that we controlled the game pretty well, until Bernat squandered the ball against Alves, leading to the 1-0.
Considering the small fact of us missing a lot of key players, Lewa playing with a face mask due to his concussion, and Thiago having just made it into the team after a long injury, it was a valiant effort against a team with MSN in the form of their lifes.

NYAS

Very happy to watch Dortmund V Leverkusen today; I'm expecting to see a lot of goals considering Leverkusen are involved.

Great Saturday. This game after the United match, then Liverpool V Arsenal, then Barca V Celta. :drool:

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Very happy to watch Dortmund V Leverkusen today; I'm expecting to see a lot of goals considering Leverkusen are involved.

Great Saturday. This game after the United match, then Liverpool V Arsenal, then Barca V Celta. :drool:
You can also witness how 1. FC Köln will give Bayern a 5+-0 trashing at the Rhein-Energie-Stadion. :cool:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It wasn't on him. We were holding on to a 0-0 for 75mins, before Messi switched to GOAT-mode and destroyed us on his own.
You were 0-0 because neuer was playing out of his mind. His plan to keep the ball and play for a draw at the camp nou against a barcelona side that wanted to play on the counter was just as bad as what he did against us the season before. The only reason he doesn't get criticized as much for that performance was because of the injuries. That barcelona vs bayern was basically heynckes vs tito, only this time, they were you

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Just occurred to me while listening to cologne's club anthem. I prefer the original:

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Sneaky Javi just stayed in the centre forward position for 2 minutes :drool:

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
You were 0-0 because neuer was playing out of his mind. His plan to keep the ball and play for a draw at the camp nou against a barcelona side that wanted to play on the counter was just as bad as what he did against us the season before. The only reason he doesn't get criticized as much for that performance was because of the injuries. That barcelona vs bayern was basically heynckes vs tito, only this time, they were you
Exactly. But the apologetism is strong in some parts of the fanbase as he regularly slapped Bundesliga teams while failing to acknowledge he regularly failed in the latter stages of the CL.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Exactly. But the apologetism is strong in some parts of the fanbase as he regularly slapped Bundesliga teams while failing to acknowledge he regularly failed in the latter stages of the CL.
Tbf, he failed against better teams twice, and due to bad luck the third. Still, at least the sf against us should have been closer.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I still think that more than the tactical mistakes he made, the general fitness and concentration level of the team in the second half of the season was the biggest issue under Guardiola. We were playing on a crazy high level in the first half of the season and always came out much worse after the winterbreak. It was such a massive reocurring theme in all 3 seasons and right now under Ancelotti it looks as if it's the exact opposite. Still have to wait how far that carries us in the CL, but it does make me more confident to see us play our best football of the season at the right time.

We had discussions about that on the Caf every year. I think there was something really wrong with the periodisation and conditioning in training. He misplanned the season in that regard and the players simply weren't capable of playing his demanding tactics in April/May to the perfection he needed them to.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Last season he had you guys peak at the right time. Was just unlucky

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Last season Pep managed to break the pattern to an extent, however we can't forget that the astonishing performances at home against Porto, away at Juve, at home against Atletico were still accompanied by pretty abysmal showings in the other leg, often it also were games of two halves. Porto away was terrible, first half at home against Juve was abysmal and away at Atletico was poor.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'd say you had a whole 90 minutes of horror against juve. Last 20 in turin and first 70 in munich, were really should have killed you off for good. You got every 50/50 decision by the refs going your way, too, plus a horrible offside call on morata, and an absolutely nonsensical save by neuer on cuadrado

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I would dispute that. The team lost a lot of steam after the games against Juve in every competition. And let's not forgetting beating Juve wasn't down to his genius tactics, but blind luck and individual brilliance.
The first 60mins away at Juve were a perfect display of highly sophisticated tactics. It took Juve individual blunders from us to get back into the game. Same for the return leg, Juve's goals were the result of comical defending, and not subpar tactics.
Your ability to shift all blame to that one person you despise so much, and overlook the remaining parts of the equation is amazing.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Don't think that's true. We were again worse in the 2nd half of the season in my opinion, just beat the trend with a few good performances in the latter stages of the CL, but I certainly wouldn't describe it as peaking at the right time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The first 60mins away at Juve were a perfect display of highly sophisticated tactics. It took Juve individual blunders from us to get back into the game. Same for the return leg, Juve's goals were the result of comical defending, and not subpar tactics.
Your ability to shift all blame to that one person you despise so much, and overlook the remaining parts of the equation is amazing.
Mh, i don't know if it was tactics, honestly. You scored all your goals in regulation thanks to individual mistakes on juve's part, and i'm not so sure the first 60 minutes in turin were down to a tactical masterclass as opposed to juve being scared of you. When they finally started to have a go at you, you melted. Couldn't cope with their intensity and physicality. I think that was down to fitness more than anything. At the end of the day the managers job is to put his players in the best position to succed, but it's the players who step onto the pitch

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Don't think that's true. We were again worse in the 2nd half of the season in my opinion, just beat the trend with a few good performances in the latter stages of the CL, but I certainly wouldn't describe it as peaking at the right time.
Your game at the allianz against atletico was unbelievable. One of the greatest performances of the last decade

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Your game at the allianz against atletico was unbelievable. One of the greatest performances of the last decade
It was brilliant, no doubt. But that goes a bit too far in my opinion. Anyway, don't really care about Guardiola anymore. It divided the fan base way too much for my liking and it had become truely exhausting to defend him against silly expectations and completely blown out of proportion criticism in his 3rd year at Bayern. So I'm glad that he's gone now.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
It was brilliant, no doubt. But that goes a bit too far in my opinion. Anyway, don't really care about Guardiola anymore. It divided the fan base way too much for my liking and it had become truely exhausting to defend him against silly expectations and completely blown out of proportion criticism in his 3rd year at Bayern. So I'm glad that he's gone now.
This lol.
I basically felt quite some relief at Pep not continuing simply because the constant necessity to defend him and debunk moronic or resentment-ridden opinions was actually wearing me down. It really was exhausting.
They just would not go away. They would keep coming back after every, rare, loss no matter how many decent or spectacular wins preceded it. They would not react to facts. Maddening.

It's become much more relaxed since then.

Regarding your point with the 2nd season half, no doubt the main negative trait of Pep's tenure was the clear decline of performance in the second season halves.

However I would not be too sure about it being the 'opposite' under Carlo just yet. We look fine at the moment, but the first 2 games after the winter break were eye cancer and poor on all levels.
Our glorious wins of the recent weeks were against terrible opponents. Arsenal collapsed after actually having the chance to do us a lot of harm. Hamburg cannot be counted, really. Schalke were shocking.
I realize the longer such a list gets, the weaker the 'the opponents were poor' argument looks, and I'm basically fine with everything going on -even the Müller problem seems to be fading again. But I certainly would not suddenly start to see us as CL favourites or some such stuff, even if the main competitors aren't covering themelves in glory either. I'm not yet convinced of the quality of our performances.

hejabvb09

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
6-2 FT! What a thrashing!
Great game, especially Dembele and Pulisic deserve some credits for this game. Dembele is really special with his quick dribblings and great technique, it will not take much time until he will play in bigger teams.
Pulisic is very quick and exlodes when he has space, sometimes he reminds me of our Mkhi, when I see his quick running with the ball and he also has a very good vision and a good defensive contribution for a 18 years old player. It's unbelievable, how much talent and potential both have.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Interesting stuff happening at Leverkusen right now. Yesterday Schmidt labeled the 2:6 against Dortmund as a step in the right direction and seemed fine with the match.
Today Bayer let him host the training, but at the same time their leadership trio is making a show of discussing the coach position supposedly "with a completely open mind".