Bundesliga 2017/18

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
After 30 minutes, the Bayern supporters sang "you are worse than the HSV". I guess it will be "Brazil lalala Brazil" in H2.

Video ref decisions are awesome. The only people who are never told why a goal was given or not are the 70000 idiots on the stands who paid to see the game.

Lyricist

On side note, how come Dortmund get into this situation after all? Tuchel first season was very good to say, but after that it went downhill. Bad management and recruitment or else? Curious to know why
I think that perhaps if the attack on the bus didn't happen, Tuchel might have kept his place. I thought they mostly played amazing football under him, some players performed really well that under the next 2 coaches now look like sunday league players. That said, after their defeat to Monaco right after the bus attack everything went downhill. Their appointment of Bosz was one of those where you wonder "madness or genius?". Turned out to be a completely idiotic decision. Then they got Stöger in who until this season looked like a capable manager who can get steady performances out of his teams. His teams don't at all follow that Klopp/Tuchel Dortmund DNA though. He's not the right man for the job at all. Bad times ahead for Dortmund if they don't work absolute miracles this summer.

Lyricist

Bundesliga :lol::houllier:

If you become a threat we'll buy all your best players.

At what point does it become meaningless to win another champagne platter by a margin of 15+ points?
Seems like United were Bayern's biggest ally in this? :angel:

United took Kagawa and Mkhitaryan
Bayern took Hummels, Götze, Lewandowski
Madrid took Sahin back when he was their best player
City took Gündogan
Barca took Dembele

Hojoon

I think I saw a post a few months back which said the only manager active in the last few years who's clearly a better manager than Heynckes is Fergie. I don't disagree with that.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Seems like United were Bayern's biggest ally in this? :angel:

United took Kagawa and Mkhitaryan
Bayern took Hummels, Götze, Lewandowski
Madrid took Sahin back when he was their best player
City took Gündogan
Barca took Dembele
Yeah the problem is not Bayern buying the best players but, the fact that Bayern are the only side that can keep their best players.

NYAS

Hummels-Boateng is a truly sublime CB pairing for club and country. Absolutely everything you could want in two defenders and they complement each other incredibly well.

Mensch ist der United

Supports
FC Bayern München & Bursaspor
Oh my god I just noticed I am allowed to post, why so ever..

Reading the forums since 2011ish, signing up in 2016 but ever too lazy to post on the noob forums. Did the System change?

So now I have to write something on topic to not get kicked I guess:

Bayern destroyed the yellow losers in just one half time. But afterall, if you cannot succeed against RB Salzburg you should not play like this against Bayern afterall. James, Müller and Lewandowski are on fire. Ribery scarfacing around as in his best times. There could happen something big in the CL this season if they get boosted by games like this. But BVB, rival or not, at the moment is not a real indicator of strenght, sadly.

Edit: Ah now I see, the post still has to be approved by a mod...

Last edited by a moderator:

PepsiCola

Remember when the majority on here didn't want James as he's a "Madrid Reject".

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Remember when the majority on here didn't want James as he's a "Madrid Reject".
Together with Müller on the pitch that's the WC golden boot winners of the last 8 years with 16 WC goals between them. Pointless fact, but it sounds cool :D

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Yeah the problem is not Bayern buying the best players but, the fact that Bayern are the only side that can keep their best players.
Wow mate, that’s a very good assessment, thanks for this. Dunno why I never came to this simple conclusions instead of explaining all the >insert various here< at length that we neither bought many Bundesliga players and that the ones we got would have left the league anyway.
@Thiim being a prime example of people like this.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I was sceptical when we hired him, too. So far, he's proven me wrong on a major scale. Makes Thiago look a bit surplus to requirements - Thiago, fxs!
His first appearances were quite anonymous, but he has improved a lot, and is still getting better. Today he was boss. Everywhere on the pitch, intercepting, passing, shooting on elite level.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
His first appearances were quite anonymous, but he has improved a lot, and is still getting better. Today he was boss. Everywhere on the pitch, intercepting, passing, shooting on elite level.
Against Leipzig, he couldn't get a hold on the game.
We cannot draw too many conclusions from tonight's game, BVB were too poor and let us do whatever we wanted.
I don't think we can expect a Javi-James midfield to work just like that against strong midfields.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Is he gonna extended with Robben or Bayern gonna search for new winger in summer?
They have Coman who was very good till his injury and Gnabry who is playing a good second half of the season at Hoffenheim. The latter won’t reach Robbery’s level though. The new(?) coach might switch away from wing play since they have Lewy + Müller plus Martinez, Thiago, James.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
They have Coman who was very good till his injury and Gnabry who is playing a good second half of the season at Hoffenheim. The latter won’t reach Robbery’s level though. The new(?) coach might switch away from wing play since they have Lewy + Müller plus Martinez, Thiago, James.
I don't ever want to hear the name Gnabry mentioned in the context of replacing Robbery again, please. It's a sad joke.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
And to think Dortmund are supposed to be Bayern's main rival :lol:. Wasn't Stoger supposed to fix their defensive problems?

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Most of the Bayern fans don't want new contracts for Robbery
That may be the case in your filter bubble, but certainly not for "most of the fans". Local radio station had a vote "new contract for Robben?" - 90% said yes. Rib got standing ovations and his personal song when he was substituted.

I think the question is less if they still can be an asset for the team next year, i don't think many deny that, but obviously not for 50 matches.
The question is if keeping one or both for another season will delay the further renewing of the squad. So far, apart from Coman, there are no obvious replacements of the same class in sight, and even Coman is still a small question mark. The question is, will they accept a role of "supporting first team player" and not start moaning when they are benched for a few games, and maybe: will they accept a pay cut. Although Hoeness might prefer giving for example Ribery a proper sendoff as an absolute club legend over asking a man of his merits to play (occasionally) for half price.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
2nd Bundesliga is nuts. 4th place is as close to promotion play-off spot #3 as they are to relegation play-off spot #16. Six points between 4th and 16th.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Bye bye Lukas Hradecky.

Shocking goalkeeping lately but today took the biscuit.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Any word on where current Eintracht manager Niko Kovac is likely to end up managing next season?

I hear Bayern are interested. . . . But it seems he's definitely going.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
How do you guys rate Tedesco? Don't really know much about him but on paper he seems to be doing a stunning job at Schalke.

Nostradamus

Can’t even predict the past
I hope that the motive was strictly financial, as we got him so cheap that we're almost certain to make a few million € reselling him. I hope reselling is all we're planning to do with him.
I really dont get this. Gnabry is developing absolutely nicely and made another step after Olympics 2016. He was carrying Bremen 1st half of last season and is doing the same this season being the best player of Hoffenheim scoring left and right..versatile, fast, can dribble..he really is a joy to watch and it seems Bayern snatched another bargain, who could definitely be useful next season.

Even here, some people obviously can easily find reasons to moan though :houllier: there are plenty of reasons to be sick of the management, but the purchase of Gnabry is not one of them..quiet the opposite.

What makes me sick is the unbelievable laughable search for a new coach..how Hoeneß is preventing the club moving into the right direction. 1st he prevented Lahm and now we have the clown Salihamidzic, who is unable to express a single sentence without countless of ähh's and ähhh's, nevermind the superficial nonsense he is spouting and if Kovac becomes Bayern coach, then this is as laughable as appointing Salihamidzic as SD. He has proven absolutely nothing playing a typical defensive ugly fight hard and run football total opposite of the possession based football needed.

IF that really happens, then I m not wondering anymore and then I give up. I cannot stand that disgusting hypocrite Hoeneß anymore..he is becoming worse than Berlusconi. He is the only reason Tuchel not coming, cos he intentionally delayed everything. These clowns did not even respond to the agreed deadline 1st of March and were totally surprised, that Tuchel decided not to sit there and wait till the mighty Bayern dare to come back to him, especially after all the comments of Hoeneß with his shameless Heynckes begging plan and his degrative comments about Tuchel..he has become a senile old fool and is the downfall of Bayern.

Just imagine having Pep, Sammer and Reschke to having Salihamidzic and Kovac :lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
How do you guys rate Tedesco? Don't really know much about him but on paper he seems to be doing a stunning job at Schalke.
That's about as deep as my analysis goes on Tedesco/Schalke ^^
They have developed a certain resilience and churn out one-nils, at least against middle to lower table teams. They'll still go out of the CL probably as early as the group stage.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is it safe to say Hamburg may just be getting relegated yet....

The gap is now 7 points so they need a 3 game swing. Just the 6 games left now.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They play some terrible football. Them being second says a lot about the quality in the Bundesliga this season.