Bundesliga 2018/19

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund are playing against the (in terms of goals conceded) best defense of Bundesliga and they are cutting them open at will. Would not have epected this attacking force at all after how the first couple of matches went this season..
It's not even smothering dominance, their combinations just seem too fast for Hertha's players to react.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Dortmund are playing against the (in terms of goals conceded) best defense of Bundesliga and they are cutting them open at will. Would not have epected this attacking force at all after how the first couple of matches went this season..
It's not even smothering dominance, their combinations just seem too fast for Hertha's players to react.
Well you just put 4 past Simeone‘s Atletico for the first time in history. I think it‘s safe to say Atletico is a bit better than Hertha:D

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Who is the German guy doing the co-commentary on Fox at the Mainz-Bayern game? He is horrendous.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
What's it with Hakimi running into his teammates? Reus against Atletico, now Bürki.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What's it with Hakimi running into his teammates? Reus against Atletico, now Bürki.
He's too fast to control himself :lol:

Dortmund caught on the counter for 1-1 after a bad pass from Dahoud. One of the problems with having a flying wingback like Hakimi, he was nowhere to be seen as Kalou had an open shot; Witsel was the closest defender.

Hope Dortmund find the win.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
This is definitely the strongest offense we've faced this season. Bayern were slow, predictable and relying on individual brilliance to make things happen; Dortmund is lightning quick, unpredictable and really difficult to defend with threatening players surging forward all over the pitch.
Part of the problem is that Hertha has to play Lustenberger and Skjelbred because of injuries, they're too slow for that kind of level. Would be interesting to see if they'd fare better with Grujic and Torunarigha.

Dortmund's defense is suspect though. There were lots of open spaces every time Hertha cut through which is why Kalou's goal wasn't that surprising to me.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's too fast to control himself :lol:

Dortmund caught on the counter for 1-1 after a bad pass from Dahoud. One of the problems with having a flying wingback like Hakimi, he was nowhere to be seen as Kalou had an open shot; Witsel was the closest defender.

Hope Dortmund find the win.
I don't think this has anything to do with Hakimi, the issue is the misplaced pass. You simply can't make mistakes like that, because if you want to play around them you will never attack with more than four players.
While Dortmund played very good until the lead they have taken a breather since the goal and didn't step thing up after the equalizer.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
We just played 7 minutes with 10 men because Goretzka had to come off and in the end Alaba had to deliberately pass the ball out to make the sub happen.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Will be interesting to see if Dortmund's mythical late dominance/impact sub qualities come into effect again. They had a hard game midweek and the opponent is well rested.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Sancho scores for the third time, and the second time it stands. Guy is ridiculously on fire.

Also Thiago scored a second for us.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bullshit, the only reason Selke gets in front of Zagadou here is a foul by himself.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Why Dortmund? Why? That was a typical cock up from you. You just can't concede a penalty in the last minutes of the game.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bullshit, the only reason Selke gets in front of Zagadou here is a foul by himself.
That was pretty rubbish defending by Zagadou honestly. Had a phantastic game up until that point but that was just plain unnecessary. Hurts a bit because contrary to the commentator I feel like Hertha did not really deserve to still be in this game. But there it is, a match where we are out of luck. Still good to see how we just dominated them over sizeable parts of the game.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I think it was a fair tussle, Zagadou got too far forward and Selke had the speed to spin past him.

Pity, I was just about to write praises about Zagadou because he's looked really good in these last two games but naive for him to continue to challenge Selke in the box once Selke got past him, should've let him go rather than risking the penalty.

Overall, have to say youthful inexperience killed Dortmund. First the big chance from Brunn Larsen missed and then Zagadou's error; Guerriro also should've made it 3-1 before that.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Was there a replay of Bruun Larsen's miss? Looked like he simply missed the open goal. That should have killed off the game.

But while Hertha did well to stay in the game and exploit several mistakes Dortmund made, I think Dortmund gave the win away more than anything else. Good game to watch.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If that would have been a Bayern defender against a Dortmund striker you would be calling for a penalty and a red card. :lol:

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Would you say that if Dortmund wasn't involved? Zagadou has to do better there, but that can always happen when you play 19-year-old defenders...
Dortmund just failed to score that 3rd goal and then seemed to feel those tired legs as Hertha went for the equalizer.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Was there a replay of Bruun Larsen's miss? Looked like he simply missed the open goal. That should have killed off the game.
It looked more difficult I think because the ball from Reus had a lot of pace and Bruun Larsen was coming in quickly as well. While I don't think it was an open goal, it was still a chance he should've put away.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think it was a fair tussle, Zagadou got too far forward and Selke had the speed to spin past him.

Pity, I was just about to write praises about Zagadou because he's looked really good in these last two games but naive for him to continue to challenge Selke in the box once Selke got past him, should've let him go rather than risking the penalty.

Overall, have to say youthful inexperience killed Dortmund. First the big chance from Brunn Larsen missed and then Zagadou's error; Guerriro also should've made it 3-1 before that.
A tussle by definition has two parties involved If both players had their hands on each other I would say fair game, but here Selke made a clear pull on the shirt to get ahead of Zagadou.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
A very unnecessary draw, a little wasteful in front of goal, gifting away two goals on the other end and a bit tired towards the end.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Would you say that if Dortmund wasn't involved? Zagadou has to do better there, but that can always happen when you play 19-year-old defenders...
Dortmund just failed to score that 3rd goal and then seemed to feel those tired legs as Hertha went for the equalizer.
Yes, like I said: if both work on each other it is fight for the ball, if one does it he gets an advantage with it, which makes it a foul.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Why is Zagadou playing anyway? Where are Akanji and Toprak? Zagadou is too error-prone.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Why is Zagadou playing anyway? Where are Akanji and Toprak? Zagadou is too error-prone.
Akanji is injured and Toprak isn't fully fit. That being said Zagadou did really well against A.Madrid and was got for 89 minutes today.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't envy Weinzierl: first match he gets Favre'd, his second match is vs Hoffenheim and he's down a man after 9 minutes due to a harsh (but not necessarily wrong) VAR call.

Blackwidow

Who is the German guy doing the co-commentary on Fox at the Mainz-Bayern game? He is horrendous.
Patrick Owomoyela. For a BVB and Werder Bremen player I actually think he is pretty fair when co-commenting Bayern. He did not do it the first time. His English is not the best and he has a heavy accent. For me the worst I heared speaking in English TV is Thomas Berthold - he cannot get off the hate he has.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Schalke can be happy with a point in Leipzig, but they just set a new record for pass completion with 56%. Playing such terrible football with such an expensive squad is quite a feat.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Schalke can be happy with a point in Leipzig, but they just set a new record for pass completion with 56%. Playing such terrible football with such an expensive squad is quite a feat.
Aren't they spending less than last season? After all Goretzka and Meyer left on a free.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Aren't they spending less than last season? After all Goretzka and Meyer left on a free.
Afaik they are calculating with wage costs of around €70m which is little compared to Dortmund and Bayern, but a lot compared to most other clubs. They don't have a squad that can play dominating football, but their current football goes beyond that, they are sort of solid in defense but seem to have absolutely no plan or surprising moments going forward.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Bremen, you useless bastards... I need those points for my FF team!

3-0 for Leverkusen at HT.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Scandalous decision by the VAR. Unbelievable.