Bundesliga 2018/19

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Looks like the wheels are coming off at Augsburg.

Caiuby, who has been a key attacking player for them in the past is supposedly trying to force a move back to Brazil.

And after yesterday's loss against Gladbach Martin Hinteregger gave the most critical interview from a player I have ever seen:
When asked whether Baum still reaches the team:
"The downward spiral has been going on for a whole year. For the whole year of 2018 the curve has been going downwards. I can't say anything positive about him [Manuel Baum, his fecking coach that is] - and won't say anything negative."

"We were simply bad today. Our loss was resoundingly deserved. Usually it had to be 4:0 for Gladbach at half time. If you play this way, only park the bus and beg to concede a goal - then that's what a game looks like."

"It felt like we didn't even have 20% possession. It's not fun at all when you're always chasing the ball, shifting here and there."

"I don't really know what our tactic was today"

it's important "to find a tactic, that fits us players"

A couple of weeks ago I would've said that Augsburg have successfully established themselves as a stable midtable team, at the start of the season they might even have dreamt of challenging for Europe this season, but while I often had the impression that they played well, but got unlucky the result is still that they currently are in free fall with three points from their last 10 matches.

VAR had a questionable weekend in general. Delaney mistimed a tackle almost as badly as Rekik in his own penalty area and injured his opponent in the process. Hannover (who btw fired their coach today) not getting a penalty (perhaps even a red for Delaney) is pretty scandalous. The only reason no one talks about it is because Dortmund scored a bunch of goals much later in the game. I would also say Frankfurt should've gotten a hand-ball penalty in the dying minutes of their match against Bremen, though that's probably more open to discussion than the incidents of Rekik and Delaney.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Just about to watch Bayern Munich. They are lining up with the following in midfield and attack:
..........Lewandowski....
Coman Goretzka Muller

With Gnabry on the bench.

So who gets dropped for Hudson-Odoi?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Just about to watch Bayern Munich. They are lining up with the following in midfield and attack:
Coman Goretzka Muller

Coman and Gnarby are always injured so he will get his opportunities.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Coman Goretzka Muller

Muller turns 30 this year and has been rapidly declining

He will have to fight it out with Coman, Gnabry and Davies for one of the 2 winger spots and considering that Davies is a complete wild card and Coman/Gnabry always have huge injury problems every season, his chances will be really good to make one of those 2 spots his own.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Coman and Gnarby are always injured so he will get his opportunities.
Muller turns 30 this year and has been rapidly declining

He will have to fight it out with Coman, Gnabry and Davies for one of the 2 winger spots and considering that Davies is a complete wild card and Coman/Gnabry always have huge injury problems every season, his chances will be really good to make one of those 2 spots his own.
Are Robben and Ribery both finished at Bayern as well?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Great finish.. but how much time and space did Stuttgart's players have on the ball?

Thiim

Is there a slower and less mobile CB pairing anywhere among top teams in Europe? Hummels and Süle will get spanked by liverpool in the CL. Bayern clearly need to raid the top talent from the other teams in the bundesliga again.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Is there a slower and less mobile CB pairing anywhere among top teams in Europe? Hummels and Süle will get spanked by liverpool in the CL. Bayern clearly need to raid the top talent from the other teams in the bundesliga again.
I give you Hummels, but don’t let Süle‘s size fool you. He is not slow at all. I would expect Süle and Boateng as the CB pairing against Liverpool.

PS: Pavard is joining in the summer as well.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Süle slow and not mobile :lol:

Just leaving from the match.
The result was good, but not much else was.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Süle slow and not mobile :lol:

Just leaving from the match.
The result was good, but not much else was.
His acceleration is slow and he turns like a warship. He's really not one of the most mobile center backs around, partly because of his frame.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Will Hertha-Wolfsburg sell out?

Going Berlin tomorrow with 8 mates and hoping to get tickets.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Will Hertha-Wolfsburg sell out?

Going Berlin tomorrow with 8 mates and hoping to get tickets.
Pretty sure it won't be sold out. Wolfsburg is not an attractive opponent, should be around 50k attendence so you should be able to get tickets.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
2 mins and Frankfurt created very good chance and missed. Should be good game between 2 attacking teams.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Leverkusen-Bayern really good watch so far. BL been on the front foot but some very quick counter attacks by Munich are a big warning.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Frankfurt - Dortmund is great to watch, fast-paced, intense & technical football from both sides.

1-0 Reus, and almost a second directy afterwards.

And another close miss :lol: - could have had a hattrick by now. Dortmund taking Frankfurt apart atm.

mav_9me

Frankfurt - Dortmund is great to watch, fast-paced, intense & technical football from both sides.

1-0 Reus, and almost a second directy afterwards.

And another close miss :lol: - could have had a hattrick by now. Dortmund taking Frankfurt apart atm.
Awesome game. Fantastic pressing by Frankfurt. But dortmund could be 3 goals up.

Interesting to see Weigl playing at CB.

Sancho has been good so far. He is just quality. For me his best attribute is how he links the play for the team. With his pace and dribbling you would imagine he would play like Ronaldo at that age with us. But his game is so mature. Passing is so spot on.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Goretzka has turned into a goal machine lately. And what a cross from Müller.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
No offside. Bs decision.

Ah, VAR is on it. Very close stuff

No goal, fecksake.