Bundesliga 2018/19

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bayern been impressive tonight. Feels a bit like Premier league with Man. City trying to hunt down Liverpool. BM will keep Dortmund honest.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hoffenheim score identical goal to Bayern's second, lightning break from opposition corner. Really good finish aswell.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Coman final ball is atrocious.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It’s going to happen.

As for the pitches in Germany. I saw Dortmund play an away game at the start of the season and the pitch was abysmal, one of the worst I’ve seen in top level football for a long time.
When the pitch is in bad shape and Dortmund or Bayern are about to visit it has become sort of convention for smaller clubs to stall the replacement of the pitch until after the game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Neuer probably wins 3 points there. Excellent close range save.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Lewandowski finishes it
Müller with the assist, but the goal was half James for his penultimate pass to Müller

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
It would be quite funny, if they let leave James. Clearly their best player, only has to be fit.

Blackwidow

It would be quite funny, if they let leave James. Clearly their best player, only has to be fit.
It is the position - and a player is always the whole package he brings in and how they match to the others. You see how the other no. 10s that are at top clubs fare. Last season James played instead of Thiago a number 8.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Media are writing only bad things about James for months already so my guess is we decided to not buy him and made the press write bad about him so our sheep... ehm fans will not be too upset if he leaves.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Media are writing only bad things about James for months already so my guess is we decided to not buy him and made the press write bad about him so our sheep... ehm fans will not be too upset if he leaves.
Lewandowski and Thiago also got a lot of stick in the past, while players of *Die Manschaft* usually get special protection.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Lewandowski and Thiago also got a lot of stick in the past, while players of *Die Manschaft* usually get special protection.
Götze? Hummels? Boateng? Neuer? The last three especially have been heavily criticized by the media this season

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Don't think that's true, e.g. Schweinsteiger or Hummels. Müller gets special protection but so does Alaba for example. It's pretty random. Ribery should be much more criticised for his antics as well. Robben had it way way tougher and he certainly wasn't any worse than Ribery.

Thiago is an odd example coming from you by the way. I'm fairly certain that you've been a lot more critical of him than the media ;) .

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bosz losing on his home debut is amusing me. Really don't think it's a good idea appointing him.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Bosz losing on his home debut is amusing me. Really don't think it's a good idea appointing him.
We were very unlucky to not win this. Bosz debut was pretty good IMO. Haven't seen that many chances for ages.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
We were very unlucky to not win this. Bosz debut was pretty good IMO. Haven't seen that many chances for ages.
I only saw first half and yeah Bailey was back and was involved in all attacks. It's still losing to key europa rival when Herrlich was actually starting to beat a couple of them just before he was dismissed.

Wolfsburg away and Munich home your next two.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I only saw first half and yeah Bailey was back and was involved in all attacks. It's still losing to key europa rival when Herrlich was actually starting to beat a couple of them just before he was dismissed.

Wolfsburg away and Munich home your next two.
Thing is, Herrlich's last wins were not sustainable. The Schalke match was downright disastrous. HH had no concepts, no ideas, just hollw phrases all day long.

Bailey was actually our worst ofensive player along Volland. Brandt was superb in the second half and Bellarabi really dangerous.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thing is, Herrlich's last wins were not sustainable. The Schalke match was downright disastrous. HH had no concepts, no ideas, just hollw phrases all day long.

Bailey was actually our worst ofensive player along Volland. Brandt was superb in the second half and Bellarabi really dangerous.
Winning in Berlin was good, no? They don't tend to lose many at home.

Edit: Sorry it was a home game for Leverkusen!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was just checking how Dortmund were doing (had forget all about them today) and just seen they've won 1-0 in Leipzig.

Huge win. Feels just like Liverpool trying to hold off Man. City and ticking off the wins.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Winning at Leipzig is extremely difficult, did not expect Dortmund to do that with that line-up. They still have some very difficult away matches this season like Bayern and Gladbach.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Weigl was surprisingly good as a CB in Dortmund's last two games. Fantastic today. Bürki continues to impress me, despite a mishap in the 2nd half when he slipped.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Now that Bayern have regained a good form Dortmund must stay very focused, as they could easily lose a 6-point lead.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Second half of Freiburg-Hoffenheim has been fantastic. End to end stuff. Currently 2-3. Match not over, would recommend tuning in.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Look at this fecking throughball from Grillitsch (linked to Spurs this month) for 1-3 :drool:

Peter Silie

Supports
BVB
I cannot embed yet, sorry! Foul by Rekik in Hertha - Schalke game yesterday:

http:// i.imgur.com/aQpqSkU.gif

How is this not a red? How can VAR either not intervene OR decide yellow is enough?