Bundesliga Gameweek 26 | #Footback keep this thread football only (Covid free zone)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Times in image are UTC+1. Kick-off times are 2:30pm and 5:30pm Saturday, 2:30pm and 5:00pm Sunday and 7:30pm Monday. New thread as Bundesliga will probably garner more interest due to being the only top five league going.

Edit: See below
Maybe put a disclaimer about keeping this thread only match related and keep the Covid debates in the respective threads?

General Bundesliga talk -> https://www.redcafe.net/threads/bundesliga-19-20.449290/
General Covid-19 discussion -> https://www.redcafe.net/threads/sar...in-foil-hat-silliness-or-memes-please.452816/
Covid 19 football related debate -> https://www.redcafe.net/threads/cou...avirus-suspended-until-further-notice.453544/

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Do you have the rights to use the Bundesliga logo in the announcement?

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City

DoomSlayer

I haven't really followed the plan for this restart but I saw someone on social media posting what the rules are and they seemed way over the top.

Is it true that players can't even shake hands or hug their own teammates? If that's the case, what about set piece situations and aerial challenges, when players have to be in physical battles and in constant close contact?

PoTMS

Artificial crowd noise - yay or nay? Thought it'd be horrendous but actually worked quite well in the K-League. Stopped it from sounding entirely soulless. Hopefully the Bundesliga follows suit.

Carolina Red

Staff
Artificial crowd noise - yay or nay? Thought it'd be horrendous but actually worked quite well in the K-League. Stopped it from sounding entirely soulless. Hopefully the Bundesliga follows suit.
Hopefully they’ll use it. I imagine TV folks would like that, as it would help cover up all the things said on the pitch that they don’t want said on the broadcast.

C'est Moi Cantona

Great, not really into watching the Bundesliga as rule, but this will be real treat atm, well done to them for making it happen.

kirk buttercup

I have always enjoyed the Bundasliga . It's so nice to have a game to look forward to today . Its the little things in life . Enjoy everyone

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Will be interesting to see the how the games go without fans, I am split between thinking better to just get on with football and on the other side it's only being done for the money, per what Matthias Brandt said about it....

Will try and watch bit of Dortmund this afternoon and Bayern tomorrow to see how if worth bothering with more.

DoomSlayer

I have a feeling that the games will be more like friendlies. The players must have lost their match fitness, normally it takes a whole pre-season to get back into the proper routine after such a long pause.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Before everyone jumps on the Dortmund hype train...... There's a few things to note.

1. Dortmund is twinned with Leeds.

2. Scousers love them because of Klopp and its not unusual for YAWN to be sung there either.

FC Bayern Munchen all the way for me. Feck those plastic scousers. Hahahah

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Before everyone jumps on the Dortmund hype train...... There's a few things to note.

2. Scousers love them because of Klopp and its not unusual for YAWN to be sung there either.

3. It's the boring choice.

Edit: Well, so is Munchen :D

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Will be supporting Hertha Berlin according to the flowchart I used

Tasty affair vs Hoffenheim away. 13 goals in the last 3 games between these two :drool:
As a true die hard fan you should know that no one in Germany ever calls them "Hertha Berlin", it's either just "Hertha" or "Hertha BSC". It's probably the equivalent of Germans often talking about "Arsenal London".

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I was kinda hoping the players came back looking completely unhealthy and all with tramp-beards.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Skysports suggested supporting Dortmund is for Liverpool fans :lol:

Idiots. Apparently we should be supporting Leverkusen!?

kirk buttercup

Dortmund are easy to like in fairness even if a little boring . But there are some great other teams you can back outside the big 2 . Werder Bremen , Gladbach , Schalke , Leverkusen are all worth a watch. My brother Lived in Berlin he always loved Union

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Crying out to watch any football at this stage so i will watch the Dortmund game.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Regarding who to support, Schalke made a case for every PL club:

Their argument why United fans should support Schalke is pretty solid tbf:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund are easy to like in fairness even if a little boring . But there are some great other teams you can back outside the big 2 . Werder Bremen , Gladbach , Schalke , Leverkusen are all worth a watch. My brother Lived in Berlin he always loved Union
A few things worth noting regarding Schalke's chairman:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/news/st...lemens-toennies-plays-vladimir-putin-concerns
https://www.dw.com/en/eastern-europ...ndustry-decry-conditions-pay-hours/a-41840480
https://www.bundeskartellamt.de/SharedDocs/Meldung/EN/Pressemitteilungen/2016/19_10_2016_Wurst.html
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-chairman-clemens-tonnies-of-racism-condemned

Most other clubs don't have that kind of baggage.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hope Dortmund trash them but Kenny scores a hat trick. Feck Schalke, long live Kenny.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hopefully they’ll use it. I imagine TV folks would like that, as it would help cover up all the things said on the pitch that they don’t want said on the broadcast.
FICK!

WICHSER!

SCHEISSE!

Pagh Wraith

A bit more German football lingo for you to show off to your mates:

Freistoß - free kick
Ecke/Eckball - corner
Elfmeter - penalty
Schwalbe - dive ("swallow", the bird)
Angstgegner - bogey team
Außenseiter - underdog
Abseits - offside
Blutgrätsche - very dangerous sliding tackle
Konter - counter attack
Leitwolf - leading player
Sonntagsschuss - hopeful shot from long way out that results in a goal
Ultras - so-called fans

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hope Dortmund trash them but Kenny scores a hat trick. Feck Schalke, long live Kenny.
Wait you want Dortmund to win and you're an Everton fan?

Why? They are Klopps former team thus likely to be the red filths team, they sing that awful song that you and us hate and you have a player on loan at Schalke ffs. And Schalke even play in Blue man. Come on.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Wait you want Dortmund to win and you're an Everton fan?

Why? They are Klopps former team thus likely to be the red filths team, they sing that awful song that you and us hate and you have a player on loan at Schalke ffs. And Schalke even play in Blue man. Come on.
Because the Schalke chairman is an absolute cnut of a human. I’m too old now to be bothered about club rivalries to the extent some are on here, it’s just a game.