Sat, 23 September 2023 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    Honestly feels like it'll be a decent win and slowly start going back on track, or lose again and it's the beginning of the end of Ten Hag.

I'm only really saying that because they've started leaking AGAIN!

RuudTom83

I know there isn't many options but please...just don't start with Eriksen/Casemiro/Bruno again.

Hughie77

It's a must win game or even not to lose.. and WTF is this 8 pm on a Saturday ffs.. I'm out on a Saturday night fecking getting .

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    I thought we might have a chance here but with the recent leaks about the players questioning ETHs tactics, etc, I doubt we'll win now.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    Hoping for a change from Lindelof / Martinez at the back... hell even if feckin Evans comes in or something.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    One thing is clear... we need a good performance and win here. Hopefully amrabat and mount are fit to be part of the squad at least. Things always pile on when you're losing but quiets down after some good results. I don't think we have big issues so far, at least not issues that should derail the season. Our issues are injuries which should get better, and off pitch distractions like the sale and the scandals. The rest, I think we have a good manager, a good squad, and are well positioned to have a successful season. Bad start but nothing that can't be salvaged and not like we had massive upsets against us where we dropped points vs shit teams which is much more impactful than away losses to Arsenal/Spurs/Bayern.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    Any kind of win will do, good fixture list coming up - just need to calm things down.

Burnley will have a go.

Rob67

Hoping for this line up:

Onana
    Dalot Varane Martinez Reguilon
    Amrabat Casemiro
    Bruno
    Mount Rashford
    Hojlund

Need to start controlling games in midfield, Casemiro has had a horrible start to the season and needs some legs next to him, Eriksen can't provide that week in week out. Must win game.
    Yeah, hopefully these players will be available. As you say, we need to start controlling the midfield.

Cantonagotmehere

Eriksen needs to sit out for s couple games. Casemiro only play 60m max. Anyone else will do besides Mctominay....if you don't laugh, you'll cry.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
    Think we need an actual performance to go with the 3 points in this match. Something where a few of those dots in the plan start to connect and we get a goal or two early to settle ourselves. It won't stop the feeding frenzy completely but anything less and the stories like we've seen today will multiply quickly.

KikiDaKats

Supports
    His Liverpool supporting wife
    Im looking forward to us building on our fight in Bayern. Going for a win here.

RuudTom83

From the sounds of things the best we can hope for is Amrabat to appear from the bench...which could enable Casemiro to get 30 mins rest.

Plus Varane possibly from the start...but the worry with him is always the risk of picking up another injury if he is rushed back.

el3mel

They have only one point out of 5 games, basically a relegation fodder. Would be ridiculous to not win this. I know United always surprise us with rock bottom standards but we really shouldn't reach this level.

Should be an easy win by all possible standards.

FerociousCorgis

Eriksen needs to sit out for s couple games. Casemiro only play 60m max. Anyone else will do besides Mctominay....if you don't laugh, you'll cry.
    at this point id be very disappointed to see eriksen yet again. There are other options and at this point his fitness is just allowing way too many easy cutback goals. Play hannibal or gore for all i care.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    I was thinking that under Ten Hag even in the shitshow since March we haven’t lost many games against the real crap. We lose games where you may expect us to. If we start pissing about against the likes of Burnley we’re in real trouble.

Chip

Burnley have been shit this season but so have we. We looked knackered against Bayern so I'm sure we'll find some way to fecking it up tomorrow. We'll probably look good for the first 15-20 minutes and succumb to the mighty Burnley pressure.

MrBest

Expect:

Onana
    Dalot Lindeloff martinez regulion
    Casemiro Mctominay
    Erikson
    Bruno Hojlund Rashford

Want:

Onana
    Dalot Lindeloff Martine Regulion
    Casemiro Mejbri
    Bruno
    Pellistri Hojlund Garnacho

Need a fresh start, what we have does not work.

USREDEVIL

Expect:

Onana
    Dalot Lindeloff martinez regulion
    Casemiro Mctominay
    Erikson
    Bruno Hojlund Rashford

Want:

Onana
    Dalot (varane) Martine Regulion
    Casemiro (Mejbri)
    Bruno
    Pellistri Hojlund Garnacho

Need a fresh start, what we have does not work.
    Replacing Lindy and Eriksen should help immensely Mr. Beast.

OrcaFat

Injuries don’t really seem to be clearing up yet, if the press conference was anything to go by.

It’s a real slog at the moment. I know it’s only a game but it would cheer me up no end if we just win a damn football match.

Cantonagotmehere

It’s a real slog at the moment. I know it’s only a game but it would cheer me up no end if we just win a damn football match.
    [/QUOTE]

Agreed, a win would make me so happy. If it goes the wrong way, I am getting kind of numb to that, sadly.

gaffs

Who would have thought that Burnley in mid September would be a must win game? But it really is.

Arsenal, Spurs and Bayern away were always going to be tough. Brighton have the better of us, and a lot of teams. But if we lose against Burnley, we are officially in the mud.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
    We'll start well and miss a good chance. Burnley will score from their first shot on goal. Burnley will score another just after half time. United will get one back only for Burnley to score a third on the break. Then our lads will fail to create any more chances as the game fizzles out.

Basically the template for the last 9 seasons when things aren't going well.

Telsim

We will barely beat them and make them look like Top 6 regulars in the process, instead of the relegation fodder they are.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
    Onana
    Dalot Varane Martinez Reguilon
    Casemiro
    McTominay Mount
    Fernandes
    Hoijlund Rashford​

Stookie

Nurse bell end
    1-1. The pessimism in me says it’s not going to be an easy game. They’re going to right up for it. Balloon head will be showing them our last three games and how to beat us.

Walters_19_MuFc

Hoping for a change from Lindelof / Martinez at the back... hell even if feckin Evans comes in or something.
    Every good defence has a strong, functioning midfield unit ahead of them, and we haven't had that this season. Our defensive line has been way too exposed, and as a result, teams have found it way too easy to have shots/score against us.

Red_Aaron

Man utd coming to town is one of the big prizes for promoted teams. The fans will be wild and the players will be pumped up to 11

Our quality will only come into play if we hold our nerve, be patient and professional. Quieten the crowd and control the emotion.

If we fail to match their energy we will get beaten. Given our start to the season, I'm worried tbh

Litch

Man utd coming to town is one of the big prizes for promoted teams. The fans will be wild and the players will be pumped up to 11

Our quality will only come into play if we hold our nerve, be patient and professional. Quieten the crowd and control the emotion.

If we fail to match their energy we will get beaten. Given our start to the season, I'm worried tbh
    My lad was at Burnley and they absolutely hate utd. This will feel like a cup game....

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Could do with scoring a few goals here and a clean sheet to give both the attack and defence some confidence and then hopefully the start of a winning run. Got some favourable fixtures coming up. Think Amrabat will be on bench and come on in like 70 mins if we’re winning to keep things tight.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    Surely Mejbri has to be a better option than Eriksen, who I really don't want to see anywhere near the first team. He has served his purpose.

This is a must win game against a Burnley side who will turn into prime Madrid for 90 minutes this evening, I bet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Jonny Evans image Jonny Evans 48% of 313 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions