g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bye bye Van Gaal | Really enjoying managerial retirement

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
You think I wanted to know what this abomination is called? :lol:
It sounds similar to the worst type of German music.
That's not what it's called. Brabant is a province and they like this type of crap, so I said Brabandische Gemütlichkeit.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That's not what it's called. Brabant is a province and they like this type of crap, so I said Brabandische Gemütlichkeit.
Alright sorry, I googled it and some song came up, so I thought that was it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Out biggest hit this year for those who hate music but like drinking pretending to like music.
I'm just amazed that the Dutch have the same kind of garbage music as the Germans.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
United, the Premier League and everything that comes with it, chewed him up and spat him out. I actually found his football entertaining and attractive to watch when he first took over. But because his 532/352 didn't get instant results the pressure became immense because its all he was ever questioned about. I felt he changed his approach as a result.

Or at least that's how I remember it.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
I'm just amazed that the Dutch have the same kind of garbage music as the Germans.
It's pretty decent in your local football canteen after 4 pints and some fried food like bitterballs.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
United, the Premier League and everything that comes with it, chewed him up and spat him out. I actually found his football entertaining and attractive to watch when he first took over. But because his 532/352 didn't get instant results the pressure became immense because its all he was ever questioned about. I felt he changed his approach as a result.

I think his 4-3-3 was better to watch. I remember us dominating Liverpool at Anfield. We had that trip of Herrera, Mata and someone els. His 3-5-2 wasn’t suited for the players we had. We bought Di Maria to play him where? As a CAM? And didn’t Leicester beat us 5-3 with that.

ScholesyTheWise

His diving on that touchline will always be one of my favorite United memories post-Fergie. OH, and "fat man".

There was a certain charm about LVG...

his football, at its absolute worst, was somehow even shittier than the worst of Moyes, Mou, Ole, Rangnick, ETH.
It's like he wanted you to hate football while watching it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

He changed his approach after Leicester pulled our pants down in that 5-3 loss. That was the origin story of the Van Gaal snoozeball that ended up with me coming very close to hating watching our club play football.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
He changed his approach after Leicester pulled our pants down in that 5-3 loss. That was the origin story of the Van Gaal snoozeball that ended up with me coming very close to hating watching our club play football.
It wasn't quite as bad as it got right after that though. We still had that run where we beat Liverpool, City and Spurs with Mata, Young, Herrera playing very nice stuff. Then the next season Rooney's legs were completely gone and Memphis flopped and Schneiderlin/Schwein came and the arse completely fell out of Louisball. Things may have been very different if we'd had a good window in Summer 2015 instead of the garbage we bought.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Whew that thread bump and title scared me also.

I loved him at Bayern.
He is such a special and interesting person.

I think without him and his work we wouldnt have won 2 CL titles in the last 10 years.

BorisManUtd

I think his 4-3-3 was better to watch. I remember us dominating Liverpool at Anfield. We had that trip of Herrera, Mata and someone els. His 3-5-2 wasn’t suited for the players we had. We bought Di Maria to play him where? As a CAM? And didn’t Leicester beat us 5-3 with that.
It was Carrick-Herrera-Fellaini trio with Mata on the right. Worked really well. Soon after Carrick got injured and we tried with Herrera at DM but that couldn't work as good.

Revaulx

The fecking smurfs and James Last. Golden Earring weren't bad and Focus did some good stuff. Jan Akkerman played a mean guitar.
James Last was German.

But how could you forget 1975 Eurovision winners Teach-In? Dinge Dong was a classic of its genre, despite its misuse of the word “uptight”.

And it was around a shared love of Radar Love that our Sixth Form, a bunch of disparate characters if ever there was one, to bond. Well, that and United.

Moriarty

James Last was German.

But how could you forget 1975 Eurovision winners Teach-In? Dinge Dong was a classic of its genre, despite its misuse of the word “uptight”.

And it was around a shared love of Radar Love that our Sixth Form, a bunch of disparate characters if ever there was one, to bond. Well, that and United.

The poster I responded to asked about Dutch and German music so I immediately thought of my old neighbour, now gone from us, who loved James Last.
Dinge-Dong was enough to make you want to pull your own teeth out.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
His diving on that touchline will always be one of my favorite United memories post-Fergie. OH, and "fat man".

There was a certain charm about LVG...

his football, at its absolute worst, was somehow even shittier than the worst of Moyes, Mou, Ole, Rangnick, ETH.
It's like he wanted you to hate football while watching it.
100% accurate assessment of the Van Gaal era, such as it was.