c.Ronaldo appreciation thread

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
he was awesome again today....the only good thing to come out of this season...and bloody unlucky as well..

FCPortoUSA

waiting 2b banned
he is indeed awesome. even though i really like the kid, i was so happy SAF gave him little playing time against Porto! He is so dangerous and i still haven't figured out what SAF was thinking.
>two best pick ups for Man Utd this year, C.Ronaldo from (Madeira where my parents are from) and Tim Howard(from a town near me in NJ, who was widely critisized my all the Man Utd fans at the time when he was purchased).

Franq

our only (faint) source of light in a dark, dark year...

next year will be ours again.... :keano:

Neil Thomson

Unbelievable player, looks like he may well become a better player than Beckham. Just wish we'd got his partner in crime Quaresma to replace Giggs too. We'd have been fecking frightening down the wings if that was the case.

joaojudas

Neil Thomson said:
Unbelievable player, looks like he may well become a better player than Beckham. Just wish we'd got his partner in crime Quaresma to replace Giggs too. We'd have been fecking frightening down the wings if that was the case.
hello....
sign Simão, or wait 2 years and sign Fábio Paím. ;)
Paím is only 15 today, sign him with 17 and you have other Ronaldo with pure left foot.

Neil Thomson

joaojudas said:
hello....
Paím is only 15 today, sign him with 17 and you have other Ronaldo with pure left foot.
Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an ear out for them.

Beedle

joaojudas said:
hello....
Is this Paim any good? If so, great we have Sporting as our feeder club :D

But I don't think he could solve our problems. Ronaldo is awesome, but too many youngsters like him will win us nothing.

joaojudas

Beedle said:

But I don't think he could solve our problems. Ronaldo is awesome, but too many youngsters like him will win us nothing.
well... here in Portugal what i allways ear and see about Paím, is that he is a mixture of Ronaldo and Quaresma, he have the skills of both together. with 15 :nervous: , but this 2 years will tell if his mentality will grow or not. if it does, well.... sign him with 17!!!!

and i'm sure if you aren't wining anything this year, isn't Ronaldo fault. so the "...but too many youngsters like him will win us nothing." isnt true.
The best youngers with the best expierienced is the best mixture for the success. old cleverness with young courage ;)

scalisto

joaojudas said:
hello....
Simão Sabrosa was utter shite for Barca, why should United sign him?
Quaresma doesn't even make the bench at Barca, why should United sign him?

I think Manchester United got the right Portuguese.

joaojudas

scalisto said:

tell who was good for Barça that year???????? :lol:
he his just the number one for the left in our national team. and Juventus, Milan, Roma, Inter etc etc.... wanting him. i think it costs 20 milions.... minimum! a great scorer also for a winger. see in EURO2004.

Quaresma is a great player... you don't know him. he already played 70 % of the games in Barça... i think he isn't used more, because they have to pay more 2 milions if he does. :rolleyes:
and.... Rijkaard isn't a coach not even for a portuguese 3th division team.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
scalisto said:

Most players are shit at Barca, the same with Inter. Those teams got some kind of complex that the players become shit when they come there.

scalisto

joaojudas said:
tell who was good for Barça that year???????? :lol:
he his just the number one for the left in our national team. and Juventus, Milan, Roma, Inter etc etc.... wanting him. i think it costs 20 milions.... minimum! a great scorer also for a winger. see in EURO2004.

Quaresma is a great player... you don't know him. he already played 70 % of the games in Barça... i think he isn't used more, because they have to pay more 2 milions if he does. :rolleyes:
and.... Rijkaard isn't a coach not even for a portuguese 3th division team.
70% of games? :lol: Do you watch La Liga at all, or do you get all the news from A Bola? He hasn't even started in 20% of the games and is third in the pecking order below Luis García and Luis Enrique, not exactly a couple of Jairzinhos.

scalisto

Richter said:
Most players are shit at Barca, the same with Inter. Those teams got some kind of complex that the players become shit when they come there.
Puyol is not shit, neither is Xavi, Saviola, Davids nor Ronaldinho.

Phil

I'd like to show my appreciation for Cristiano now too. Great player, rapidly improving and doing a good job now. In the opponent's end of the pitch there's no one I'd prefer to see on the ball.

(well maybe Scholes or Saha..)

Beedle

I hope he isn't feeling that it's his fault that we're not winning and that he isn't good enough to replace Becks. Hopefully (and truely) SAF has told him that his time isn't yet and that he will develope in the speed he needs.

Cristiano is brilliant now, I wonder how good he will be when he's 25 :devil:

Red_Molly

Beedle said:

ah ha! The Alan Hansen school of analysis. Average age of Busby's ' pre-Munich title winners...22. Average age of Ferggies Fledglings...

It's the unfettered brio of youngsters like Ronaldhino marshalled by old heads like Gary N, Scholes and Giggs that will bring the titles back next season.

Beedle

We won't win anything more than this year if we're signing just one 15-18 year old player. If we're winning something next year with a Paim it will be because we won't be that unlucky with injuries and such.

I would love to see Joaquin, Tevez, Van der Vaart or another youngster to come here, but they are all proved to be quality (maybe except Tevez since he's playing in Argentina) and are not like Paim. I was talking about extremly young players, not young players in general. I was talking about young players like Ronaldo, and not "young" players like Ronaldinho. Would love to see anthoer Ronaldo at the club though, but a player like Ronaldinho would make a much bigger imidiate impact.

Well.. a bit back and forth there.. but you got my point ;) I want us to get the best youngsters, but we need "older" (20-24 year olds for example) too.

RvN#10

Great game by Ronnie again.. unlucky not to have 2 goals... Luck doesn't seem to be on our side at all this season

This is worrying that our most consistent player in the new year is a 19 year old.. But the future seems bright :keano:

Ericisgod

Words fail me about Ronaldo. I think he has as much potential - if not more - as Giggs at that age. He is awesome, end of.

Watch Real come in for him during the summer, wanting to part ex Beckham.

No feckin' way.

joaojudas

scalisto said:
70% of games? :lol: Do you watch La Liga at all, or do you get all the news from A Bola? He hasn't even started in 20% of the games and is third in the pecking order below Luis García and Luis Enrique, not exactly a couple of Jairzinhos.

yes 70 % of the matches played until the day this was noticed... sepacially because he can't play more for not stand this percentage in the end of the season... to avoid paying the 2 milions.
the biggest stupidity

joaojudas

Beedle said:
We won't win anything more than this year if we're signing just one 15-18 year old player. If we're winning something next year with a Paim it will be because we won't be that unlucky with injuries and such.

I would love to see Joaquin, Tevez, Van der Vaart or another youngster to come here, but they are all proved to be quality (maybe except Tevez since he's playing in Argentina) and are not like Paim. I was talking about extremly young players, not young players in general. I was talking about young players like Ronaldo, and not "young" players like Ronaldinho. Would love to see anthoer Ronaldo at the club though, but a player like Ronaldinho would make a much bigger imidiate impact.

Well.. a bit back and forth there.. but you got my point ;) I want us to get the best youngsters, but we need "older" (20-24 year olds for example) too.
i said Paím in 2 years... not next season

Joe Ken

Ronnie is a amazing kid. I hope he can develop the team work with the teammate to be a complete player. He can pass, dribble, shot, have pace, & both foots. IMO, after 2 yrs, he will be much better than Beck in the position of a winger.

ShAoLiN_ChRoNiC

I said in another post that Ronaldo symbolises the future of Man Utd.

Has anyone noticed recently - our style of play often reflects the number 7. With Beckham we moved away from the traditional wing play and adopted a more measured approach and a dependency on long balls. With Eric we had that air of arrogance and a touch of flair when we attacked.

Ronaldo is everything the team lacks right now. Its not talent or consistancy or organisation - its passion, measured arrogance, confidence and desire. If your players have enough of that, your halfway to victory.

Hopefully the team will come to reflect Ronaldo next season and play with some of his zip and flair - bring back the days of blistering attacks that rip apart defences.

Bring in Rooney - he has the same qualities as Ronaldo!

uranushk1

I'd Bellion if I said I were an optimist
joaojudas said:
and i'm sure if you aren't wining anything this year, isn't Ronaldo fault. so the "...but too many youngsters like him will win us nothing." isnt true.
The best youngers with the best expierienced is the best mixture for the success. old cleverness with young courage ;)
Good post, I agree with you. Ronaldo has been terrific for us this season and if we don't win anything its the fault of the senior players who fail to live up to their standard.

As for Ronaldo, glad that Fergie got him as our new no.7. He has every skill, influence, spark, and even the arrogance to become an United great.

uranushk1

I'd Bellion if I said I were an optimist
ShAoLiN_ChRoNiC said:
Ronaldo is everything the team lacks right now. Its not talent or consistancy or organisation - its passion, measured arrogance, confidence and desire. If your players have enough of that, your halfway to victory.

Bring in Rooney - he has the same qualities as Ronaldo!
Sorry but I don't agree here. We never lacks passion and desire but we do lack some talent and flair right now. Relying on a 18-years-old as the major creative force show that we aren't really that creative after all. That's a weakness which should be addressed in the summer. Van Der Vaart or Joaquin may be the solution to that.

And I also don't agree about Rooney. I think he is hugely overrated and with his current body shape I think he will become a meat ball before he is 22.

Red15

ShAoLiN_ChRoNiC said:
Ronaldo is the one player who really gives me hope for the future. When I go to matches now, I know that even though we may lose, even though the football may not be pretty to watch, that Ronaldo will be the one player who will play with heart and passion, and who, on the day, will in all likelihood, deliver. Our creative burden has fallen squarely on the shoulders of a 19 year old. When he isn't playing, I'm honestly not sure where the creativity is going to come from. Sad state of affairs.

But like you say, he has the arrogance (in a good way), the confidence and the self-belief. Maybe it's youth. Or maybe it's because, deep down, he knows how good he really is.

Thank God we bought him last summer and he didn't slip through our fingers. I never cared about the fee. And we're going to look back on it some day and consider it to be an absolute bargain.

Lion

uranushk1 said:
Sorry but I don't agree here. We never lacks passion and desire but we do lack some talent and flair right now. Relying on a 18-years-old as the major creative force show that we aren't really that creative after all. That's a weakness which should be addressed in the summer. Van Der Vaart or Joaquin may be the solution to that.

And I also don't agree about Rooney. I think he is hugely overrated and with his current body shape I think he will become a meat ball before he is 22.
I hope Ronaldo starts every match now. He 's our only attacking threat. And I don't like Rooney either. I have watched Quaresma a few time and believe we sign the better player :devil:

michael wong

amolbhatia100 said:
he was awesome again today....the only good thing to come out of this season...and bloody unlucky as well..
dude....HE HIT THE STUPID POST :mad: !!!!!!!!!