Gaming Call of Duty: Vanguard

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Surprised there is still no thread on this. Are people really that bored of COD.

Here are some trailers anyway:

Some multiplayer gameplay.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hoping it's decent but not majorly fussed about the mp. Believe it's on the IW engine so that's a good start. New WZ map will be interesting. They need to nail that.

Last edited:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Hoping it's decent but not majorly fussed about the mp. Believe it's on the IW engine so that's a good start. New WZ map will be interesting. They need to nail that.
When does the new Warzone map come out? And is it definitely to replace/be in rotation with Verdansk (and not another shitty side mode?)

For me, Warzone became an absolute shit show once they started integrating cold war and had both sets of weapons. Is the plan to just add a 3rd lot of weapons and attachment types?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
When does the new Warzone map come out? And is it definitely to replace/be in rotation with Verdansk (and not another shitty side mode?)

For me, Warzone became an absolute shit show once they started integrating cold war and had both sets of weapons. Is the plan to just add a 3rd lot of weapons and attachment types?
Think so yeah. They said your guns and camos will carry over, but sounds like the map will be replaced. Who knows though? It's definitely getting messy.

Bosws87

Warzone is dreadful i can't take it seriously the slide cancel mechanic just looks stupid when you look at the movement mechanics of apex.

I can't wait to see the "anticheat" they are promising the last people i would let install a system level anticheat on my system is activision got disaster written all over it.

If it isn't system level the anticheat is already a waste of time.

Deery

Dreary
Any Call of Duty heads know what’s best to do delete Black Ops or Modern Warfare to get the new Vangard?

I would rather play Warzone so not sure what to do..

Bosws87

Any Call of Duty heads know what’s best to do delete Black Ops or Modern Warfare to get the new Vangard?

I would rather play Warzone so not sure what to do..
Warzone is stand alone you don’t need any of the others installed, right.

Deery

Dreary
Warzone is stand alone you don’t need any of the others installed, right.
Not sure I deleted MW then had to install warzone again. Thought black ops had WZ as well but it doesn’t..

Paxi

Is anyone playing the beta?

Paxi

I just preordered to get an early access for the beta — it’s really fun. 3 maps that are there are perfect in my opinion - fast paced - though, if you prefer to pick people off at a distance then you can do that too.

Paxi

Well the beta is finished now. This game is really fun. The maps are nice and tight. I’d recommend this. Certainly not regretting preordering this.

Conor

A bit off topic, but Iron Trials in Warzone is really good. When the Vanguard integration happens, with a new map and anti-cheat that hopefully works, if they bring Iron Trials in as the ranked mode for teams of 1-4, Warzone will easily be the best BR on the market.

Bosws87

A bit off topic, but Iron Trials in Warzone is really good. When the Vanguard integration happens, with a new map and anti-cheat that hopefully works, if they bring Iron Trials in as the ranked mode for teams of 1-4, Warzone will easily be the best BR on the market.
Apex says no, played both for a long time and its a non contest.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Ugh I hate iron trials!

Definitely looking forward to the new map though, long overdue.

Bosws87

Ugh I hate iron trials!

They going to keep both maps so you have choice or force you to play the same map over and over again until its boring, has there been any confirmation?

Conor

Ugh I hate iron trials!

I really like it, you need a good squad though. I found it really fun playing with people that are good/concentrating, but no craic at all with my proper casual mates. I have alright aim from playing FPS religiously years ago, but make a shit load of awareness based mistakes all the time, so it probably suits me more, in that you can make it out of fights you can't win without dying a lot easier. No dead silence and stopping power is great as well. I still think the loadout drop should happen, though.

Brocky

Judging by this thread, there's not many people playing this but I set up a Caf clan - [RCaf] RedCafe - if anyone wants to join. There's a 10% XP buff for squadding up with clan mates.

Swedish_Plumber

Popping this in here:

New map and POIs released. If anyone still plays warzone it might freshen things up big time!

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
What's zombies like in this? I was considering buying it just to scratch the itch of playing a zombie game.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Popping this in here:

New map and POIs released. If anyone still plays warzone it might freshen things up big time!
Warzone needed this about 12 months ago. Glad they're finally changing it though, might get me back playing it.

Massive Spanner

Warzone needed this about 12 months ago. Glad they're finally changing it though, might get me back playing it.
Still find Warzone great for a few games with the lads. Easy to pick up and play after a week or two away from it, but it does desperately need a new map. We mostly just play resurgence these days.

Deery

Dreary
Anyone playing the new Caldera map? Finding it rather shit to be honest, the guns are terrible and you can hardly make out where the enemy is, plus it all seems the same colour with far too many hills.

I guess you’d have to buy Vanguard to level up the guns but there’s something about it just doesn’t seem as competitive as Vardansk..

DavelinaJolie

After MW being the most entertaining FPS MP I'd played in years, and the first iteration of Warzone being by far the best BR I'd played, Cold War was a bag of utter shit and the changes it brought to WZ we're kinda wank. Is this one actually any good?

Deery

Dreary
After MW being the most entertaining FPS MP I'd played in years, and the first iteration of Warzone being by far the best BR I'd played, Cold War was a bag of utter shit and the changes it brought to WZ we're kinda wank. Is this one actually any good?
I feel the same too MW was great and Warzone was even better but in this new one you can only use the Vanguard guns which are slow and fast to unload, you basically need another clip to take the guy out once he’s downed. It just hasn’t got the same feel as Vardansk, it’s all very green and yellow too.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Ditto. Until the new MW I'd been playing the old MW remastered and it was brill. Then the new MW came out and I enjoyed it more than any online FPS for ages, then WZ was great. Thing is, they don't seemto understand what makes them good and start f*cking with everything. Keep it simple. Keep it great. Don't f*ck with it.

Bosws87

Join the apex revolution guys give it some time and get into it and you will never wanna play Warzone ever again :cool:

From someone who only played warzone and said apex was terrible.

Conor

The map seems decent, but the ground loot Vanguard guns are truly awful. I think they will have to change them, considering you can't even buy a loadout early anymore.

Swedish_Plumber

Join the apex revolution guys give it some time and get into it and you will never wanna play Warzone ever again :cool:

From someone who only played warzone and said apex was terrible.
Haha I’m currently saying the same thing!

On the subject of rival BR modes, I genuinely really miss the first 6 months to a year of Fortnite. Thought it was really innovative and the skill gap problem didn’t arrive too quickly.

Seems BR modes have a difficulty implementing new maps/ideas because those took me out of both Fortnite and Verdansk.

Conor

If they sort the bugs and make the ground loot better, I think the new map will be pretty enjoyable.

binary bot
Yeah I really like the Warzone map.

Vanguard on the other hand is really disappointing. Bought it for leveling up guns and even that is a grind.

Massive Spanner

Played it for a few hours last night and didn’t have any serious problems apart from lag. Liked the new map too. Must be a lot more buggy on consoles.

Deery

Dreary
Got slaughtered last night every time I pulled the trigger someone was shooting me in the back, maps alright I suppose quite vast really still declare there are too many hills, guns still crap..

Deery

Dreary
Just played with a guy that got 41 kills then proceeded to give us our own team abuse when we won, this is what you’re up against in this game inbred hacking scum.