Call our final position in the PL table

Havak

Pokemon master
Chelsea has tough games with Arsenal, Villa, and Brighton away, along with a home game against Spurs. They look a bit better at the moment and will probably find a few results but I'd still expect them to be very mixed and get about 10 more points from their 7 games. I do think we should find 9-11 points ourselves, but I can see us getting as few as 6 or 7! The game for us against Newcastle is huge if we actually want to have a shot at 6th now - we will probably have to win that one. Newcastle have suddenly hit much more favourable form. They also have better fixtures IMO, I definitely see them getting 9+ too. So, all in all I think it will be very close between us, Newcastle, and Chelsea finishing in 6th to 8th place. West Ham & Brighton to be very close in 9th & 10th as well for me.

I think Newcastle, Man Utd, and Chelsea are all going to finish in the region of 57-61 Points. But it's anyone's. I'll go and say we end up 7th as I think we'll throw 6th away even if we were favourites to get it at some point again. We might get ourselves in a good position but then our last three games are Arsenal, Newcastle, and Brighton. We will probably do exactly what is required to not finish 6th over that week!

06 | Newcastle
07 | Man Utd
08 | Chelsea
09 | West Ham
10 | Brighton

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Chelsea are capable of winning all their remaining games but are just as likely to have another meltdown, sack Pochettino and appoint John Terry or Lampard as manager until the end of the season.

Todd

Here's out lists of worsts in the Premier League era, and where I think we'll end up

Worst points total: 58 points - think we'll end on 60 after scraping by Brighton on the final day
Worst finish in the table: 7th - we'll end up 8th for a new all-time worst
Fewest goals scored: 49 - even we can't manage this kind of ineptitude this season. We'll wind up around 55 goals scored
Most goals conceded: 57 - Arsenal and Newcastle will give us a right rogering and it'll be very close. I'm gonna call 56 goals conceded total
Fewest wins: 16 - think we'll scrape by and end up on 18 wins
Most losses: 12 - we're definitely setting a new record for most losses with at least 14
Worst goal differential: 0 - we'll end up with a negative GD for the first time ever at -1 or worse

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Here's out lists of worsts in the Premier League era, and where I think we'll end up

Worst points total: 58 points - think we'll end on 60 after scraping by Brighton on the final day
Fewest goals scored: 49 - even we can't manage this kind of ineptitude this season. We'll wind up around 55 goals scored
Most goals conceded: 57 - Arsenal and Newcastle will give us a right rogering and it'll be very close. I'm gonna call 56 goals conceded total
Most losses: 12 - we're definitely setting a new record for most losses with at least 14
Worst goal differential: 0 - we'll end up with a negative GD for the first time ever at -1 or worse
Wow, 5 out of these 7 unflattering records came in the Ole/Rangnick season. That was such a crazy low.

But Ten Hag has already equaled 1 of them (most losses) and is in serious danger of breaking another 3.

diarm

I can count on one hand, the number of times this season I’ve finished watching a game where I thought we were truly the better side on the pitch. By that metric, we can’t really have too many complaints about any position in the top ten.

It’s hard to know exactly what will happen because our particular brand of pampered spoofers are at their worst after a couple of good performances where they revert to buying into their own hype.

The threat of Chelsea overtaking us and a potential drop in engagement on their socials could easily lead to a bounce where we come away with results against Arsenal and Newcastle. Problem is, that bounce only comes about because we’ve dropped points against Burnley and Sheffield United

Ludens the Red

Chelsea and Newcastle will somehow finish above us. I’d have laughed at this two months ago.

8th or 9th basically depending on how West Ham end their season. But I’d be staggered if we finished in the European places at this stage.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Chelsea and Newcastle will somehow finish above us. I’d have laughed at this two months ago.

8th or 9th basically depending on how West Ham end their season. But I’d be staggered if we finished in the European places at this stage.
8th can still be conference league if England get the 2nd extra CL spot (alongside Italy). Not a sure thing with Dortmund winning today and Bayern probably winning tomorrow. That is unless Chelsea finish further behind and win the FA cup.

Either way, I won't be watching us playing that shite cup.

thisisnottaken1

8th can still be conference league if England get the 2nd extra CL spot (alongside Italy). Not a sure thing with Dortmund winning today and Bayern probably winning tomorrow. That is unless Chelsea finish further behind and win the FA cup.

Either way, I won't be watching us playing that shite cup.
Why not? It’s an opportunity for a trophy.

Judas

Open to offers
I do think we'll probably end up slipping down to a more fitting position of 8th. It would be pretty poor show from the rest of the league if we end up finishing as high as 6th.

Cloud7

Fecking hell, I thought I was being pessimistic 2 months ago!
I made a post somewhere, a while back, saying that I thought we would finish sixth, because while I didn't think we were going to do enough to catch any of the five ahead of us, I didn't think newcastle or chelsea would do enough (relative to what we were doing) to catch up with us, yet here we are now :lol:

TrailMonkey

Would be laughable if Newcastle, Chelsea and West Ham finish above us. Feasible.

Probably deserved though. We’ve been bailed out so many times by moments.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
We will finish 7th or 8th, probably 7th

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Which season did we only score 49 goals in?! I think we can easily break the most goals conceded -- 9 conceded goals in 6 games for us is pretty manageable.

Impressive work, this season. ten Hag looks on course to break 4, I'd say.

Todd

Which season did we only score 49 goals in?! I think we can easily break the most goals conceded -- 9 conceded goals in 6 games for us is pretty manageable.

Impressive work, this season. ten Hag looks on course to break 4, I'd say.
15/16

19 wins 9 draws 10 losses 66 points 5th place
49 scored, only 35 conceded (joint lowest in the league with Spurs)

That was a strange season for everyone (obviously, with Leicester winning it). City were the only club to score more than 70 goals, and just barely at that.

justsomebloke

Considering the remaining schedule, I'm going to go with 7th here, as the most probable outcome. But apart from us, Newcastle, Chelsea, West Ham and Brighton are all in the fight for 6th place, so it could turn out worse than that.

The situation with us and Newcastle is an interesting one. Even on points, but they have a GD advantage we have no real chance of catching up with. They play each other (at OT), and also both play Sheffield United, Burnley, Palace and Brighton. Our remaining game is Arsenal, theirs is Brentford. So I reckon the balance of probability here is not on our side.

Guess:

6. Newcastle
7. Man Utd
8. West Ham
9. Chelsea
10. Brighton

Last edited:

TheLord

I'd say 7th with a zeroish goal difference. When was the last time we finished with a negative GD in the league?

P0GBA

I'm going to predict finishing in 8th place. Would we still get into the Europa qualification rounds if we lose the FA cup final?

RedRoach

Nothing would surprise me from this point. Wouldn't at all be surprised if we ended up 9th.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We might still 'beat' the 58 points of Rangnick and easily finish below 6th as well.

We have 4 games left.

Away to Palace who are doing well, so could easily be a draw.

Home to Newcastle who are in good form, chasing us and earlier in the season smashed us at home with their 3rd string defence.

Home to Arsenal. I know we usually are a pain in the backside for them but right now and with them trying to keep the title race alive....

And finally away to Brighton against whom we've not even gotten so much as a point in two years in the league. Could easily see us finishing on 57 points and 8th.

Absolutely criminal.

Chairman Steve

I look at our last four league games and then look at our most recent performances… I swear me saying getting three points from all that is being somewhat optimistic.

Irwin99

Those are some horrible stats and i think we will break a few but I think 7th place with 60 points is about right. We could sneak wins against Brighton and Newcastle. Defeat to Arsenal and Palace. The defence record is absolutely going to crack. I just can't see it not doing so. Most losses as well. Goal difference will likely be negative.

The manager obviously has to take the majority of the blame and will be rightly sacked but i'd love someone to say to the players, if it ends up even worse than the Ole/Ralf season, that just two seasons on you have officially surpassed yourselves once again in shame. Bravo lads.

Banana Republic

If we only get 1 win and 1 draw out out of the last 4 games (and that’s being optimistic), Newcastle and Chelsea have very good chances to finish above us and we end up in 8th place.

Newcastle have an easier run in on paper and only need to win 2 out of their last 4, if we can only gain 3 more points.
Similarly, Chelsea need 3 wins out of their last 5 to finish above us. Doable on their recent improved form.