Callum Hudson-Odi | Contract extension signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValenciaRocks

You can't reward him for it either. In fact blaming Sarri for his lack of playtime is nonsensical, if he was far superior to the others wingers he'd be playing because it would show in every training session.

I'm French. We have more national talent than England does and Deschamps would never consider calling a player with no professional league start
Hell a player with CHO's resumee wouldn't even get in our U21 team.
Go follow France then. Hell im from England and I wouldn't even bother messaging about French players on a Ligue 1 Forum.

Some how he did get into our U17 WORLD CUP winning team.

Posh Red

You can't reward him for it either. In fact blaming Sarri for his lack of playtime is nonsensical, if he was far superior to the others wingers he'd be playing because it would show in every training session.

I'm French. We have more national talent than England does and Deschamps would never consider calling a player with no professional league start
You’re aware of Chelsea’s record regarding bringing young talent into their first team right?

In Rainbows

You're taking an odd stance. Sarri has been incredibly stubborn and Chelsea fans hate him for that reason. The way Hudson Odoi has performed in his brief appearances speak for itself. It's laughable to blame him for Sarri wanting to stick to someone like Willian in the first half of the season when he was stinking it up week after week.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sarri has already said he can't play him while he has Hazard, Pedro and Willian

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Playing for England should not be a reward for anything. You should play for England if the manager thinks there's a benefit to the national side in you being part of it.

Southgate had a load of players pull out and used it as an opportunity to take a closer look at a promising young player.

Aloysius's Back 3

I want him here - but i dont see why he would come here to compete with other players the same way he does at Chelsea +- 20% appearances

Classical Mechanic

In his preferred position, Hudson Odoi has a world class player in Hazard in front of him, a player indispensable to Chelsea and one that would get into any team in the world. Then he competes with Pedro and Willian for the other wide berth, two players that are very highly decorated and experienced. Sarri will lose his job if he doesn’t get Champions League and he currently has 4 Champions League quarter finalists in front of him + Arsenal that have players like Auba and Ozil. There isn’t another league in the world with such a competitive top end. It’s understandable that Sarri defers to experience as he tries to cling onto his job.

There are other players like Gray and Redmond that could come in but they’re simply no where near his level of talent. I think most England fans would like to see what he can do than watch Redmond put in a 5/10 performance. We’ve also had an exceptional number of withdrawals through injury which created this opening for him.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Go follow France then. Hell im from England and I wouldn't even bother messaging about French players on a Ligue 1 Forum.

Some how he did get into our U17 WORLD CUP winning team.
You know that U17 football is child football right? And that severals of players in his age group were already playing professional football while he was winning that tournament? Such as Vinicius or his teammate Sancho? Or that Jann-Fiete Arp who was consistently one of the best goalscorer of the 2000 generation was a massive flop in the 2.Bundesliga?

You’re aware of Chelsea’s record regarding bringing young talent into their first team right?
I don't believe this shit at all, It's mostly excuses fans make when their favorite academy prospect isn't given playing time.
Nobody is telling Sarri he must not play kids, they tell him he must get results to keep his job, it is him and him only who decides who are the best players to get him results and if CHO isn't one of them and that's on him and not Sarri.
It's easy because none of the academy players Chelsea have let go has ever made them regret anything, It's only the De Bruyne/Lukaku/Salah who were BOUGHT by Chelsea in the first place that we hear about consistently.

You're taking an odd stance. Sarri has been incredibly stubborn and Chelsea fans hate him for that reason. The way Hudson Odoi has performed in his brief appearances speak for itself. It's laughable to blame him for Sarri wanting to stick to someone like Willian in the first half of the season when he was stinking it up week after week.
Sarri's job is to win, what he wants is to keep his job, you vastly underestimate how important training sessions are when deciding who plays in the first team and who doesn't.
If CHO was the generational talent he is hyped up to be there wouldn't even be a question as to whether or not he should start, he'd be in the team every week. That's what happened with Mbappe at Monaco.
Sarri has eyes, he is paid to win games, he isn't told to not play kids.

Sarri has already said he can't play him while he has Hazard, Pedro and Willian
He can't play him because he believes they are better than him, not because they are older or more established, Sarri has shown at Napoli that he was willing to clash with his board more than once to stick to his ideas so It's definitely not because anyone would have told him to stick to playing them. Hell he even admitted having had no contact with Abramovitch.

mu4c_20le

Sarri reminds me alot of Mourinho this season. Very stubborn and keeps playing his most trusted most experienced players, even when it's clearly not working and they are in need of a spark. There were loads of opportunities to play CHO but it's almost like he s trying to prove a point and vindicate himself.

ValenciaRocks

You know that U17 football is child football right? And that severals of players in his age group were already playing professional football while he was winning that tournament? Such as Vinicius or his teammate Sancho? Or that Jann-Fiete Arp who was consistently one of the best goalscorer of the 2000 generation was a massive flop in the 2.Bundesliga?

I don't believe this shit at all, It's mostly excuses fans make when their favorite academy prospect isn't given playing time.
Nobody is telling Sarri he must not play kids, they tell him he must get results to keep his job, it is him and him only who decides who are the best players to get him results and if CHO isn't one of them and that's on him and not Sarri.
It's easy because none of the academy players Chelsea have let go has ever made them regret anything, It's only the De Bruyne/Lukaku/Salah who were BOUGHT by Chelsea in the first place that we hear about consistently.

Sarri's job is to win, what he wants is to keep his job, you vastly underestimate how important training sessions are when deciding who plays in the first team and who doesn't.
If CHO was the generational talent he is hyped up to be there wouldn't even be a question as to whether or not he should start, he'd be in the team every week. That's what happened with Mbappe at Monaco.
Sarri has eyes, he is paid to win games, he isn't told to not play kids.

He can't play him because he believes they are better than him, not because they are older or more established, Sarri has shown at Napoli that he was willing to clash with his board more than once to stick to his ideas so It's definitely not because anyone would have told him to stick to playing them. Hell he even admitted having had no contact with Abramovitch.
I'm not so sure why you are so obsessed with Sarri/CHO. Especially backing Sarri and diminishing a talented British youngster. What's your agenda?

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I'm not so sure why you are so obsessed with Sarri/CHO. Especially backing Sarri and diminishing a talented British youngster. What's your agenda?
I should return the question.
Why is everybody obsessed with CHO not playing and claiming Sarri is the one to blame or at fault for not playing him?
Why is everybody convinced they know better than the man who watches him in training every single week?
I'm not diminishing him, I'm stating facts. He isn't playing because Sarri thinks he's not better than Willian, not because he has some agenda against him or is told to keep him on the bench.

You need to wake up and think about how a professional club works if you believe It's all a conspiracy against him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wrong, it's clear by these quotes it's not footballing reasons why he's not starting

"If I am at the club and I want Callum to play consistently, I have to sell another winger. Otherwise the manager is in trouble."

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Odoi is imo a better player than Sancho. He is more mature, physically stronger and more confident, and has been thru the rough and tumble of the PL whilst Sancho is playing in a one-team league full of junk outfits. I'm sure even Bayern are now bored to death in that league.

IrishRedDevil

Knew he was a top talent when I spotted him v Arsenal in preseason in Dublin. He was the best player on the pitch. Does that make me a scout? :)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Dare I say it but looks more dynamic than Martial...

spe88

Odoi is imo a better player than Sancho. He is more mature, physically stronger and more confident, and has been thru the rough and tumble of the PL whilst Sancho is playing in a one-team league full of junk outfits. I'm sure even Bayern are now bored to death in that league.
Hardly :lol: played 119 minutes of Premier League football.

I agree he looks more of a complete player though.

AKDevil

Sancho more exciting to watch and has more x-factor. Likely to do something that makes you go wow. CHO very, very efficient. Won’t be too many games when he hasn’t either scored or set up a goal. Both top talents.

Njord

If we could switch Mata and Sanchez with this guy and Sancho, I wouldn't care if it took our entire budget, as I think both looks like the real deal.

It would be tough for them to displace Martial and Lingard in the beginning, but it won't be impossible in the medium/long run. And that would be a good situation for two youngsters wanting to develop.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Why is everyone entertaining the WUM?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Imagine having Rashford, Martial, Sancho and Odoi? I'd fecking shite myself.

Bwuk

£100m and get both him and Sancho.

Let go of Sanchez and Mata.

Martial, Rashford, Lukaku, Sancho, Odoi as options for the front 3 and move Lingard back to midfield like he plays for England.

Mister_Stubbs

Being a Celtic fan, you’d know all about one team leagues full of utter garbage.. heck, you are garbage yourself.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
Relax guys...He's gonna sign a new deal with us this summer so paws off

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don't know about that, an in form Martial destroys Montenegro
Not saying he’s better than Martial that would be ridiculous - just saying he looks far more energetic - what you’d expect of a young wide man, whereas Martial oftnw has a tendency to look rather laboured.

Classical Mechanic

Reminds me a bit of Martial, but with better appreciation for teammates and passing
His favoured move is cutting in and shooting on his right, same as Martial. Like you say, he has better passing ability and he can legit play on the right as he’s a good crosser, as was seen in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.