Callum Hudson-Odoi

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
The problem we have have for a few years already: Who on the market is a "Robben level player/talent" and obtainable? Robben and Ribery are the best pure wingers of the past 10-15 years.

Which talent is a Robben level talent? I haven't seen any for years already. The only truly worthy replacements of the past few years would have been Neymar, Mbappe and Hazard. And none of them were obtainable for us. Maybe Hazard in 2012 before he moved to Chelsea, but that was too early.

So we unfortunately have to take risks, such as Odoi and Davies maybe. I never saw Odoi play, so i certainly don't know about his talent level. But there must be something our bosses have seen in him.
I really think Bayern should be in for Nicolas Pepe of Lille.

redmeister

The problem we have have for a few years already: Who on the market is a "Robben level player/talent" and obtainable? Robben and Ribery are the best pure wingers of the past 10-15 years.

Which talent is a Robben level talent? I haven't seen any for years already. The only truly worthy replacements of the past few years would have been Neymar, Mbappe and Hazard. And none of them were obtainable for us. Maybe Hazard in 2012 before he moved to Chelsea, but that was too early.

So we unfortunately have to take risks, such as Odoi maybe. I never saw the guy play, so i certainly don't know about his talent level. But there must be something our bosses have seen in him.
Here are his touches from the other night. He looks good, but not amazing. He's very young, but at the same time is one of the more physically gifted players on the pitch, so he doesn't have the scope for development, some skinny, little kid has, who will physically mature in the coming years. Technically he doesn't really seem any better than someone like Jordan Ibe did. Plenty here will forget but a few years ago Ibe was highly rated as he had a bit if zip and could go past players.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I'm really surprised Bayern want him. He looks like a talented kid, but I'd have thought his future is more Bournemouth than Bayern. He doesn't seem to have any particularly special ability. He's big and fast, but technically he looks good, but not amazing. I can't see him making it at either Chelsea or Bayern in the long term. I suppose the likes of Lookman have made the Bundesliga look easy, but Bayern should be challenging for the CL and therefore need Robben standard players. Hudson-Odoi looks talented, but not Robben level talent. I think the Germans have a hard on for young English players at the moment. But he hardly looks like the next Sterling or Sancho. Those two are not only quick, but are seriously damn technically gifted. There is a big difference between them and Odoi in my opinion.
This thread will be so different in 4-5 months :lol:

In Rainbows

Ibe was never as highly rated as Hudson Odoi. His performances at youth level weren't as good as Hudson Odoi. And his technical ability isn't on Hudson Odoi's level.

haram

Here are his touches from the other night. He looks good, but not amazing. He's very young, but at the same time is one of the more physically gifted players on the pitch, so he doesn't have the scope for development, some skinny, little kid has, who will physically mature in the coming years. Technically he doesn't really seem any better than someone like Jordan Ibe did. Plenty here will forget but a few years ago Ibe was highly rated as he had a bit if zip and could go past players.

Nonsense.

We need an rvn

I think he genuinely wants to join Bayern. Its been evident for a while.
Coming from an English guy who has lived in Holland and the US in his youth to finally see young English player take the plunge and play for European clubs rather than stay at the "top four" when there's a clear sign they won't actually play is so refreshing. For too long England has been stuck in that routine of you must play in England to play for England.

I'm a bit confused about this case though in that Sancho went to Dortmund knowing he'd get game time but Odoi is going to THE team in Germany where he is fighting against world class team mates. If you want to play go and move to Dortmund / RBL etc and not Bayern. But glad he's doing it as it will be good for him and England.

Plus there's Reiss Nelson who's doing the same.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Coming from an English guy who has lived in Holland and the US in his youth to finally see young English player take the plunge and play for European clubs rather than stay at the "top four" when there's a clear sign they won't actually play is so refreshing. For too long England has been stuck in that routine of you must play in England to play for England.

I'm a bit confused about this case though in that Sancho went to Dortmund knowing he'd get game time but Odoi is going to THE team in Germany where he is fighting against world class team mates. If you want to play go and move to Dortmund / RBL etc and not Bayern. But glad he's doing it as it will be good for him and England.

I think he can get game time in Germany though.

Especially considering the ages of Robben and Ribery.. He will obviously have to grow into the role but I can see him being a success there.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln

Robben and Ribery, club legends, the two best pure wingers of the past 10-15 years, are finally leaving this summer and need to be replaced - it's basically a now or never chance for someone like CHO.

At this point the competition would be Coman, Gnabry and Davies. No worldclass yet. Coman and Gnabry are often injured too and Davies is coming from Canada - no one knows if he can do it at all. He pretty much is guaranteed to have a lot of playing time to prove himself once Robbery are gone. A really tempting chance if you are confident in your own abilities.

Last edited:

HNK55

Supports
Chelsea
CHO has a lot of potential but there is no way he is ready to start for Chelsea or Bayern. If he is pressing for a move then take the £35m and move on. No point in having a sulking youngster on the books.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Robben and Ribery, club legends, the two best pure wingers of the past 10-15 years, are finally leaving this summer and need to be replaced - it's basically a now or never chance for someone like CHO.

At this point the competition would be Coman, Gnabry and Davies. No worldclass yet. Coman and Gnabry are often injured too and Davies is coming from Canada - no one knows if he can do it at all. He pretty much is guaranteed to have a lot of playing time to prove himself once Robbery are gone. A really tempting chance if you are confident in your own abilities.
I am not sure Bayern can compete on all fronts with the Coman, Gnarby, Davies and Hudson-Odoi as the wingers.

OutlawGER

Supports
@OutlawGER What happened to the Kingsley guy? Wasnt he supposed to play on the wings after Robben/Ribery retire?
He is injured 50% of the time, probably even more. He said last year that he may consider retirement if it keeps going. Other than that, he usually does well but those injuries obviously hold him back in his development massively. When fit he was our first choice winger last season already.

I am not sure Bayern can compete on all fronts with the Coman, Gnarby, Davies and Hudson-Odoi as the wingers.
No one can be sure about that at this point tbh. But the market has not many promising and obtainable wingers to offer. I prefer to try the risky way with some talents over paying huge money (50+m these days) for average wingers. The few worldclass ones are not reachable.

If we could somehow snatch a riskfree deal with RM like we did with James, i'd like us to sign Bale though.

Last edited:

RichMet

Supports
Liverpool
Ibe was never as highly rated as Hudson Odoi. His performances at youth level weren't as good as Hudson Odoi. And his technical ability isn't on Hudson Odoi's level.
Jordan ibe looked pretty good, if raw for Liverpool. But a big part of the reason that Jordan ibe was rated anywhere near as high, is that Liverpool fans put a lot of hope into the theory he was already better than Sterling - just after sterling left for City.

Ibe is still relatively young but its looking unlikely for him to do all that well.

Hudson-odoi however could be great, but I can't help but feel that it's a case of Bayern seeing how well sancho has done and trying to replicate it.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Hope he get his move and tears it up in Germany.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Hopefully he starts on Thursday. Boy needs 90 minutes.

Still think his transfer or not will be sorted out in the summer.

steakpie

Chelsea fans...why did you sign Pulisic when you have CHO?

And also, could CHO solve your striker crisis? Worth a gamble? He seems well built and his talent looks outstanding.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea fans...why did you sign Pulisic when you have CHO?

And also, could CHO solve your striker crisis? Worth a gamble? He seems well built and his talent looks outstanding.
The videos I've seen of Pulisic and i have watched a ton of CHO in the youth sides at Chelsea tell me they are not similar in playing style.

CHO is about 5'9" and very slight. Not really suited for being a striker.

OutlawGER

Supports
According to Bild (they refer to Sky) he apparrently has rejected another offer from Chelsea (100k per week?) and told them that he will not extend his contract, no matter what they offer and that he wants to leave during this transfer window.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Chelsea should let him go, if they make him stay and stall his career for the next 18 months it'll put a lot of parents letting their kids go to them, well, the ones that aren't money hungry.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea should let him go, if they make him stay and stall his career for the next 18 months it'll put a lot of parents letting their kids go to them, well, the ones that aren't money hungry.
If he's handed in a transfer request, we'll sell him rather than lose him for nothing next season.

Edit, the guy himself just Tweeted a vid of him training. He Tweets about once every 2 weeks so the timing is interesting.

Last edited:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Fair fecks I say. He seems intent on genuinely progressing his career. To straight up reject £85,000 at that age, presumably with the intention of signing elsewhere on a lower wage, is admirable.