Can a win be a loss? Poll | Hypothetical: United and Liverpool win, or Chelsea and Real Madrid win?

What would you prefer?

• Total voters

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
No one cares about the FA cup when it comes down to club status. Ergo, option two.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Can we ask the non-United fans not to vote?

I mean obviously @duffer will prefer option 2, doesn't really tell us much.

Freddie'sRedHair

Supports
Arsenal
I'm surprised you're bothered by it. They've already won it 5 times, would it really matter that much if they did again? I'd understand more if it was liverpool's first title.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Never mind the FA Cup, even if it's PL v Liverpool CL, it'd be a tough choice.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
A more interesting question would be the moral dilemma of choosing between a City or Liverpool CL win. I'm sure most of you would prefer City to win the CL, but I'd rather a team I don't see as a viable threat in the league win it than a team that is currently better and has much much much more money.

UpWithRivers

Your worst enemy gets to sleep with a famous model and you get her fat old age aunt or nothing......hmmmmm nothing.

Canagel

Both win nothing of course. A CL win for Liverpool is less likely to happen in the future than us winning an FA Cup. No brainer. If Liverpool win the CL we'd never hear the end of it. They still talk about Istanbul today. And they haven't won it since then. We could win 3/4 FA Cups before Liverpool win another CL. Possibly.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
feck it. I don't want that they win cl of course but love to united goes first. So give me fa cup.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Both win nothing. This game is easy.

Wonder how the voting would go in following scenario;

'Liverpool win the CL and United win the league'

'both win nothing'

Cal?

CR7 fan
feck it. I don't want that they win cl of course but love to united goes first. So give me fa cup.
Yes, but a Liverpool CL will be much more harmful to United than any benefits from an FA Cup win.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Both win nothing. This game is easy.

Wonder how the voting would go in following scenario;

'Liverpool win the CL and United win the league'

'both win nothing'
That would be a harder choice.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Can we ask the non-United fans not to vote?

I mean obviously @duffer will prefer option 2, doesn't really tell us much.
I'd rather we win the FA Cup (and Liverpool win the Champs league). I can't stand Liverpool but the scouse fans I know are already a nightmare. Doing from "5 times" to "6 times" won't bother me that much.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I'd rather we win the FA Cup (and Liverpool win the Champs league). I can't stand Liverpool but the scouse fans I know are already a nightmare. Doing from "5 times" to "6 times" won't bother me that much.
I'm still hoping to one day see we move ahead of their "5 times la", so it'd be a more painful for us.

Same reason why I'd prefer a Real win to a Bayern win.

Micky Targaryen

Why would anyone wish on Liverpool winning the Champions League regardless of any circumstances? :lol:

God forbid, their "6 times la" would be even more cringey.

padr81

Supports
Man City
i really dont understand this. i care about my club and what they do. I don't give a feck who wins we don't. If I was given City win the FA Cup, but United win the CL, Prem and League Cup or both win nothing. I'd still take us winning the FA Cup. My support for my club should be greater than my dislike of my rivals. Personally even though they knocked us out I'd like to see Liverpool or Roma (because of the ex City players) win the CL. I don't care who wins the FA Cup.

A trophy for City means more to me than seeing United struggle. I'd take a league cup (even though it means feck all) and United winning the treble over us winning nothing in a heartbeat.

Indnyc

Don’t understand why people wouldn’t want us to win the Fa cup.. Simply put my love for United winning is greater than my hate for Liverpool winning

Cloud7

If it was a league, I would take United winning it and pool getting the CL. As it is though, a second rate trophy isn’t worth them pulling even further ahead than us in European cups.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Really? And nothing to with Ronaldo?
No, nothing to do with Ronaldo in this instance.

I've explained many times that my biggest dream for United is to see them move up terms of EC/CL record.

So, other than not wanting to see any other English club (particularly Liverpool) win it, the clubs that I do not want to see win it are: Barca, Bayern, Ajax, Inter and Juve, because those are the ones we have the potential to catch/catch us.

I don't think there's any chance of catching Real in my lifetime. Milan are a strange case, whilst there's some very tiny hope of catching them, it's still unlikely.

SirAF

Ageist
No, nothing to do with Ronaldo in this instance.

I've explained many times that my biggest dream for United is to see them move up terms of EC/CL record.

So, other than not wanting to see any other English club (particularly Liverpool) win it, the clubs that I do not want to see win it are: Barca, Bayern, Ajax, Inter and Juve, because those are the ones we have the potential to catch/catch us.

I don't think there's any chance of catching Real in my lifetime. Milan are a strange case, whilst there's some very tiny hope of catching them, it's still unlikely.
100% spot on.