g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Can we get Sancho up to 15 league goals in a season?…

eire-red

I don't think he's clinical enough for those numbers (at least not for a few seasons). I could see him providing that many assists though, and being a key attacking threat from a creativity point of view.

As bad as Rashford has been, I still feel Sancho lacks that mercurial edge to his game that Rashford can still bring (assuming he ever comes out of this funk!) where he can just pull a worldie out of the bag and score all types of goals. I don't think Sancho has that in his locker yet.

Robertd0803

Of course we can. With a proper system and players on the same wavelength shouldnt be any issue at all.

Irrational.

Definitely. He has the natural ability and innate talent to succeed under an attacking manager who has a system with the players he wants, and who knows what the feck he is doing.

davidmichael

I said in another thread that I see no reason that in a fluid frontline we couldn’t see Rashford, Martial, Sancho and Fernandes all getting 15 goals each and Ronaldo will surely get 15 which is 75 goals.

I think Antony on the right makes a massive difference as it means Sancho playing on his favoured left side and means Rashford ups his game to get in the side, once we get people fighting for places and getting to grips with ETH’s system then I can see our players getting into the scoring positions.

captaincantona

Sancho will improve simply by us having balance on the other wing. I’m so excited to see Sancho one wing and Antony the other with a fit Martial.

EricEricDjembaDjemba

10 Goals and 15 assists would be a great return. Feels like he's finally integrating into the team now, I expect him to just keep improving as the season goes on.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I don't think he's clinical enough for those numbers (at least not for a few seasons). I could see him providing that many assists though, and being a key attacking threat from a creativity point of view.

As bad as Rashford has been, I still feel Sancho lacks that mercurial edge to his game that Rashford can still bring (assuming he ever comes out of this funk!) where he can just pull a worldie out of the bag and score all types of goals. I don't think Sancho has that in his locker yet.
Well, this is certainly... an opinion.

Sancho is ice cold in front of goal, even if he lacks the ability to run in behind. Supply him and he'll score.

NotQuiteManc

We saw how the new players are bringing more energy and confidence to some of the other players. I am hoping with Antony, it will spark Sancho to life more than his current level.

Remember the geese

Foden is yet to hit 10 in a league season and Sancho is a comparable level of talent. Sancho is more of a playmaker than your typical goal obsessed inside forwards like Son and Salah. Even so, double figures is a good target for him.

Zed 101

Sancho could easily get 15 goals, my bigger concern is getting him to be effective for more than half a game, dunno whether it is an issue of focus, stamina or something else, but may as well sub him after 60 minutes

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Sancho could easily get 15 goals, my bigger concern is getting him to be effective for more than half a game, dunno whether it is an issue of focus, stamina or something else, but may as well sub him after 60 minutes
I agree… think he’s capable of getting 15+ league goals but like you said it’s can he keep up his performance levels for a full game instead of halve a game.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
This is down to our attack still currently being quite bad in general.

Zed 101

Could be but I have noticed this with England also, TBF have not watched Dortmund to comment on his play there

el3mel

He's part of that attack though. He's supposed to be a spark in our forward line, instead he drifts way too much and can be invisible for large portions of the game. He needs to improve this aspect if he wants to be considered as a top player.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Sancho doesn't look like a player who will ever be a pressing beast but in a ten Hag system where we have 60-70% possession, he won't have to be.

If we dominate the ball, Sancho is infinitely more dangerous than Rashford because he can dribble past players, even if the other team has their shape set.

I think he'll come good the more we adapt to our manager's preferred style of play but it might take some time.

Boondog

He is still developing so I don't see any reason to act like 15 goals is unattainable for him. To me it is a travesty to see young players idling on a roster like we have seen with him but he is still only 22. So for me I think this manager will be good for him because he will challenge him and push him to show more aggression. That is Sancho's weakness. He is very talented on the ball but his confidence is not always there.

Giggsy13

I think for any winger it’s goal contributions not just goals. He should get 15 to 20 goal contributions this season across all competitions.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Sancho will come alive this season. Awesome little player who sadly came into a very weird and negative situation. He’ll thrive on the coaching he’s getting now.

Canucantona20

Antony will help Sancho, more space for Jadon on his side and Antony can switch it to him when he has the ball. Liverpool are good at that when Trent/Salah would switch it to mane for him to attack the box.

NewYorkRed

I’m more concerned with him being involved more. Incredibly good player but just doesn’t seem the type to be able to take over games.

edcunited1878

Sancho's goal contribution should be similar to hockey points tally. Goals, primary, and secondary assists.

Perfect example of Sancho's attacking third play is the goal against Soton. Sancho positions himself perfectly in the right channel, above the box, receives the pass from Elanga, second touch is the correctly weighted pass into space for Dalot, who hits an accurate cutback to Bruno who side foots it in first time.

He's a unique talent and we'll see him improve as the team works better together and for each other in the attacking third.

whitbyviking

Sancho is a great finisher, underrate if anything. I think 10 goals should be the minimum expectation.

Only thing stopping him in my opinion would be greed from Ronaldo, or Rashford picking the wrong options.

RedfromIreland

I always tend to think that he shows great ability from the halfway line to the 18 yard line and then things seem to fizzle out.
He rarely seems to force himself on the opposition in the penalty area.
He can score goals ok but isn’t one to carry the ball and finish an opportunity himself.
Bags of talent though.

Reactions: Cheimoon

AlexUTD

Please don’t answer emotionally and short-sightedly, we can all see he isn’t currently where we want. That said, I think this is where we will need him to be. We cannot afford to write off one of our front 3 in terms of output, and 7 league goals next season won’t cut it from a regular in the front 3. We can say he is ‘more of a creator’, which is true - but he needs to also score enough goals himself.

With uncertainty over the 9 position, and even more over the 7, Sancho needs to provide more of a threat. Personally, I do think he has 15 in him. While he is a creator, I don’t think he is a shot-shy player or one who is always trying to avoid the responsibility of shooting himself. He’s had a lot of shots blocked this season in and around the box and I think he can step it up. However, if he cannot do so, at some point I think he needs to join the conversation for the 10 position, where a lot of his attributes will also be useful. We may then need to look for some better output ahead of him on the left.
He will get 15 this season and 5 of the goals will get assisted by Antony :devil:

Ladron de redcafe

I think for any winger it’s goal contributions not just goals. He should get 15 to 20 goal contributions this season across all competitions.
I'm surprised it took this long for someone in the thread to point out something that should be obvious to everyone. Nobody cares if Sancho scores 15 goals, if he does nothing beyond that.

It'll all depend on what his final production (goals + assists ) will be.

Stig

I think 15 assists is more likely than 15 goals given his game. If both our wide forwards have 20+ goal contributions and we have a decent CF we’ll be flying.
You're right

If we had 3 brilliant forwards rather than the bang average trio that we do have we would score more goals and be much better.

Trequarista10

He's on his way, but still think he needs to more to his arsenal. Even on his preferred LW position, he never even really threatens to score the typical wide-forward goal of cutting inside and bending one into the far corner. Nor does he often pose a threat at the back post/in the box for cutbacks, or the occasional rebound. Nor does he seem like he will smash one in from 25 yards if he's given a bit of time/space. Some extra physicality and/or intensity will push him on a bit further. He seems like a tidy and composed finisher when he does get an opportunity.

Cathy Ferguson

He is still developing so I don't see any reason to act like 15 goals is unattainable for him. To me it is a travesty to see young players idling on a roster like we have seen with him but he is still only 22. So for me I think this manager will be good for him because he will challenge him and push him to show more aggression. That is Sancho's weakness. He is very talented on the ball but his confidence is not always there.
He needs to work on his stamina, he didnt look so fit yesterday. He lacks the pace of our other wingers and he needs to work harder. Technically he is second to none.

Boondog

He needs to work on his stamina, he didnt look so fit yesterday. He lacks the pace of our other wingers and he needs to work harder. Technically he is second to none.
Yeah I won't argue with that Cathy. Though there are quite a few others who looked gassed out there too. Ericksen and Bruno both looked like they had run a marathon. :lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
No injuries and the answer is yes.

He's in Antony's age, that alone gives him time to fully adapt plus Eriksen & Malacia are now there to link up with him. One of the better material for a full flegded system player.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I think he will, for certain.

We're doing quite well seeing as we haven't had our ideal attacking trio functioning yet.

Once we have:

Anthony - (Ronaldo/Martial) - Sancho

...getting into full flow, the goals will come.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I think he'll hit 15 easily this season if he plays plenty of Europa games.

I'm more cautious about his assists record. I don't think he'll be able to emulate his Dortmund numbers in this United set up.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm surprised it took this long for someone in the thread to point out something that should be obvious to everyone. Nobody cares if Sancho scores 15 goals, if he does nothing beyond that.

It'll all depend on what his final production (goals + assists ) will be.
It isn’t ‘obvious’ and people do care. If all our forwards are ‘more natural creators than goalscorers’ who the feck are they creating for? Dalot?

Like it or not, someone has to score, and if our front three are all posting 10 goals each, we won’t score enough.

Ladron de redcafe

It isn’t ‘obvious’ and people do care. If all our forwards are ‘more natural creators than goalscorers’ who the feck are they creating for? Dalot?

Like it or not, someone has to score, and if our front three are all posting 10 goals each, we won’t score enough.
Nobody talked about the goal total of the entire attack. We were talking about one specific player. If Sancho creates 20 goals for the other two in the front three, it doesn't mean that the combined goals of the other two would only be 20. Everyone in the squad will be creating, and everyone in the squad will be scoring (hopefully).

Daengophile

I quite like the front 3 hunting as a pack, moving in on the 7 yard box.

And I'm sure Antony will enhance that.

I think the bigger question is "can they net 60 goals between Sancho, Martial, Rashford and Antony?"

Bruno, Ronaldo and others can add to the tally