Canadian Soccer

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
anyone knows where I can get the Canada jersey on sale? Sportchek only has women in stock. it is time to get one for the world cup in winter.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Glad to see Ismael Kone in the Canada squad. He's come into the team and been the highlight of the season since. Raw but has a versatile skill set.

In other news, we could very well qualify officially in two days. Where's the excitement, chaps?!
I'm always excited to watch us play these days.

I guess there is less excitement than the US and Mexico games as we are almost surely going to Qatar now.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Glad to see Ismael Kone in the Canada squad. He's come into the team and been the highlight of the season since. Raw but has a versatile skill set.

In other news, we could very well qualify officially in two days. Where's the excitement, chaps?!
Personally, I'd rather wait until we seal our qualification. Playing away at Costa Rica isn't easy, and whilst we are undefeated, I'd rather wait and see if we can seal the deal on Thursday rather than get excited about it.

Tragically Hip

anyone knows where I can get the Canada jersey on sale? Sportchek only has women in stock. it is time to get one for the world cup in winter.
They're almost impossible to find right now. My local soccer store said Nike underestimated how in demand they'd be, and they won't be shipping more out until May.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think they’ll do the job tomorrow. Hope they draw England.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Besides the racial abuse to Mark-Anthony Kaye, the Canadian soccer fans have taken this loss surprisingly well. There's barely any negativity around for the most part, and everyone's still looking forward to Sunday.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Besides the racial abuse to Mark-Anthony Kaye, the Canadian soccer fans have taken this loss surprisingly well. There's barely any negativity around for the most part, and everyone's still looking forward to Sunday.
Canada should’ve got something from the game in the second half. Very good performance despite the red card.

Strootman's Finger

They're almost impossible to find right now. My local soccer store said Nike underestimated how in demand they'd be, and they won't be shipping more out until May.
A company like Nike should have been able to predict they would need more considering canadians are such bandwagon sports supporters.

RedDevilCanuck

My thoughts on the game:

Despite the red card canada should have got at least got a point and dominated the second half.

Atiba is still class on the ball but too slow as a CB.

Aerial balls in our box are an adventure.

Laryea was the best player and an absolute beast. Pace and power. Why does he not play for Forest?

Johnston Is very solid.

Can't wait for Sunday.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
For all the progression the team has made it's still very difficult to play away in Central American and come out with anything. Everything about it is hostile. If they can take any learnings from the experience it'll serve them well.

RedDevilCanuck

For all the progression the team has made it's still very difficult to play away in Central American and come out with anything. Everything about it is hostile. If they can take any learnings from the experience it'll serve them well.
The pitch last night was awful, like all central American and Caribbean pitches.

Foxbatt

yes and players never learn do they? He was almost red carded and then got carded again. I was watching SAF talk about the Evans penalty against City. He said players should never try to do silly things in the penalty box and get sent off or concede a penalty like that. Strikers could miss, keeper saves etc.

Tragically Hip

I love Herdman, but he should have took Kaye off immediately after surviving the VAR check. The sending off was so clear to see coming.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
That’s it. Canada’s first World Cup since the 1980’s.

JonnyIreland

Fantastic, I don’t think too many teams will look forward to playing against this Canadian team in Qatar.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Congrats to all Canuks.

You guys smashed qualifying and got some really interesting players in your squad so looking forward to seeing how you do in Qatar.

Costa Rica making a late push for automatics so US and Mexico have to be careful although think both end with winnable fixtures.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Sucks it is in Qatar but I don't want to miss it. Anyone else thinking of going and when the ticket ballots are?

Wish I was back home to have gone as my brother had tickets but buzzing all the same. So happy and especially for my boy Atiba. 3/4 goals and 5/11 starters from our hometown and topped off with our idol Atiba to come off the bench and captain us to the WC. Man is finally getting the recognition he has deserved for years here.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sucks it is in Qatar but I don't want to miss it. Anyone else thinking of going and when the ticket ballots are?

Wish I was back home to have gone as my brother had tickets but buzzing all the same. So happy and especially for my boy Atiba. 3/4 goals and 5/11 starters from our hometown and topped off with our idol Atiba to come off the bench and captain us to the WC. Man is finally getting the recognition he has deserved for years here.
Yep he's been a very underrated player in europe for ages, done well at PSV and Besiktas. Surprised he didn't end up in prem at some point. Will play in world cup at nearly 40 so great story.

Jonathan David will certainly be signed by prem team in next 2 years.

Foxbatt

Yep he's been a very underrated player in europe for ages, done well at PSV and Besiktas. Surprised he didn't end up in prem at some point. Will play in world cup at nearly 40 so great story.

Is he going to be oldest captain in the WC? I know that Zoff was 40 when he captained Italy. I could not see the match. Who had the armband at the kick off?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

He had PL offers and was actually pushing a move through. Everton and Spurs were close and Fulham and Stoke were also interested but Besiktas came in with a really good offer and a more important role with CL so he took it. Tbf he absolutely loves it in Turkey and they love him and he's got to captain a club in the knockout stages of CL.

But even locally he had been an unknown. We went to the same school and we have a hallway for past athletes with big pictures of college track stars and american football players but feck all for him and he was never spoken about. If not for our coach who happened to play against him back when they were teenagers telling us about how amazing he was the majority would have no idea who he was. Thankfully though he is getting a football court (basically a 5 aside pitch) being created in our town named after him so he's finally got his name on the map.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Well done to Canada ! I’m delighted to see them booking their place in Qatar in style.

Hopefully they can add the cherry on top of the cake by finishing top of the group, though that seems pretty likely now.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
What a day for my boys in red. I'm just sad I couldn't go to the game. Watched every minute of it at home though. We are through to the world cup and likely top of the group. Unbelievable what these boys have done so far...

Giggsy13

The draw is on Friday and I hope we get England. Davies running at Maguire should give the English nightmares.