Canadian Soccer

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Well done Canada. Can’t even be mad. You hired an actual coach and not some guys brother and it shows. Really well organized.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
What a win! "Oh Canada, oh baby."

That commentator though :lol:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Awesome. :)

I haven't seen it, but it looks like Canada sat back most of the time from the stats. Is that correct? In any case, whatever; a win is a win!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

I haven't seen it, but it looks like Canada sat back most of the time from the stats. Is that correct? In any case, whatever; a win is a win!
The US had a lot of the ball but didn’t test the keeper much. Canada had better clear cut chances.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Great professional win. Without our best player and best midfielder.

We tend to lose control in the midfield and look soft defending set pieces at times but man, 5 wins in a row and top of our group, this is amazing.

The team looks together and everyone seems to know their roles. We have some stars and they seem to on the same page as the manager and role players from the MLS.

Attacking wise, we always have a goal in us and on the counter pretty feckin deadly.

I've been waiting for this for a long, long time.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The US had a lot of the ball but didn’t test the keeper much. Canada had better clear cut chances.
Cheers. Looking forward to the over-the-top joy of the CBC and Radio-Canada pieces tomorrow. :D

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
I had my reservations about Herdman when he was appointed, but christ what a turn around he has delivered!

The team is drilled, united, and he's getting the best out of everyone. Another well-earned win to puts us within touching distance of the World Cup.

And we could do with while going undefeated and nabbing 4 points off both the US and Mexico.

The Mighty Gatekeeper

Supports
Southend United
Can Canada, being part of the Commonwealth, knight people/get people knighted? Because John Herdman is heading that way.

JonnyIreland

Great result, and like others have already said it was achieved with several key players missing. Qatar 2022 might actually be worth watching after all!
That commentator was awful though :lol:

Vanrouge

Did the commentator start crying after Adekugbe's goal? I swear I heard that. Kudos for one hundred percent emotional commitment, I guess. :lol:

Speaking of that goal, the fact that Sam, our left back, was that high up the field and going for goal is a testament to this Canadian team's pure commitment. Fierce group, stunning results. I'm floating on air after an otherwise garbage day.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Adekugbe was fantastic and what a goal. Would also love for United to go for David. My boys Oso and Cyle were great too.

I guess I need to go to Qatar. Anyone know when ticket applications are for it?

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
So Canada qualify if they win on Wednesday?
We'd only qualify officially if we beat El Salvador, and both Panama and Costa Rica don't end Wednesday night on 16 points.

4th place is an inter-continental play off spot.

Vanrouge

Adekugbe was fantastic and what a goal. Would also love for United to go for David. My boys Oso and Cyle were great too.

I guess I need to go to Qatar. Anyone know when ticket applications are for it?
Adekugbe and David were indeed amazing. There was a fifteen minute period in the second half where David was almost singlehandedly taking the piss out of the US team. I haven't seen much of the US, to be honest, but I was impressed with Weston McKennie: talented and a great temperament. Oh, and a final shoutout to Milan Borjan when called upon.

ravi2

After the goal in the 7th Canada played more on the counter but had control of the game.
The US could get nothing going in the final 3rd.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
After the goal in the 7th Canada played more on the counter but had control of the game.
The US could get nothing going in the final 3rd.
I should find a way to watch these matches. Where's this shown in Canada?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Sportsnet usually. Do you have basic cable?
Nope, nothing; only Netflix. So I'm limited for sports with what's shown on free tv (like CBC for hockey); but I could consider paying for one-off games.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Aha. Who does your internet? Bell has an app that they charge an unreasonable fee for but gives you basic cable for about a quarter of the price. I'd assume Rogers does, too.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Aha. Who does your internet? Bell has an app that they charge an unreasonable fee for but gives you basic cable for about a quarter of the price. I'd assume Rogers does, too.
A local not-for-profit co-op. I'm not making this easy, am I. :D

Guess I'll have to look for a one-off service!

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Bloody Jamaica...could not get anything against Panama!
I've been surprised by how poor Jamaica have been. Same goes for how good Panama have been.

At the very least it looks top 4 minimum is secured. All we can do is look up and keep doing what we've been doing.

adubmac

I never thought I would watch futbal over football (especially during the conference finals) but I never regretted it for a moment. I'm very proud to be a Canuck right now!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The matches are on Onesoccer no? They have all the rights but not sure if they sell it to SN to show exclusively.

I just use streams since I’m not in Canada. Now we’re pretty good it’s a lot easier to find.

HaliRed

Where's the fun in big bundles that cover everything and require no effort?!

(In other words, we're pretty cheap.)
I heard that Fubo TV bought the rights for the premiership next season. They also get One Soccer, the service that carries all of Team Canada's games, so we could be getting a two for one deal. Will still need DAZN for Champions League though,.

For now, google a site called Soccer Catch fro replays.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Is Paramount+ available in Canada? That is where I watch the Concacaf qualifiers.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I heard that Fubo TV bought the rights for the premiership next season. They also get One Soccer, the service that carries all of Team Canada's games, so we could be getting a two for one deal. Will still need DAZN for Champions League though,.

For now, google a site called Soccer Catch fro replays.
Is Paramount+ available in Canada? That is where I watch the Concacaf qualifiers.
Thanks both!