Capello gives Pearce coaching job

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
England manager Fabio Capello has appointed Stuart Pearce as part of his coaching set-up for the senior team.
Pearce will still be coach of the England Under-21 side and will take charge of their game against Republic of Ireland on 5 February.

He will then join up with Capello as England play Switzerland a day later in the Italian's first game in charge.

"From the start I made it clear that I wanted an English coach as part of my coaching team," said Capello.

"I have spoken with Trevor Brooking and Stuart Pearce about this at length and I'm very happy that Stuart is working with me.

"He understands what I am looking to achieve and how I want to work.

"I believe it is crucial that both of us have a close working partnership to get the best for both the England team and Under-21s.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7218046.stm

Oh dear... :lol:

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Been doing very well with the U-21s, and he can only prosper from this hopefully.

Nowt funny about it IMO.

red2deadboy

So the current under 21's manager gets to work with a worldclass manager, study his approach to coaching, man managerment & tactics etc. What an absolute nightmare, well spotted poster

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
He's yong and lernin and will only benefit from working under a coach of Capello's experience and talent.

pbrown

Fabio and Psycho the old couple if their ever was one...