Carabao Cup 2020/21

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Here fishy, fishy. Darren Bent did the draw mate.:lol:
FFS :( :lol:

shut up. How did you escape the cull?

Everyone says the same thing about every draw, no matter who you support.
Err, no they don't. Only lunatics do the conspiracy "hot ball cold ball" stuff. And even if you DO believe that some draws are rigged (fair enough), give me one reason why the FA would hate Utd so much that they'd give you the apparent "toughest opponent" every time? They didn't hate you from 1992-2013. They don't hate you because you've won the competition too often in the recent past. If you really wanna believe in a conspiracy draw, you should say that they wanted to give City the hardest fixture because they want another winner.

Who did Liverpool draw?
Happy with the midweek rest ;)

Unless my memory is failing the last 3 times both City and United have appeared in a Cup semi final draw they have been paired together.
Your 1 in 3 chance argument now becomes a 1 in 27 chance.
I'm convinced it's predetermined. Not moaning about it, just saying.
You have every right to believe so of course, I'm just saying I think it's nuts. The FA doesn't have an agenda for any club. If they did, they wouldn't make it this obvious to begin with to pair you three times in a row.

The Oracle

You have every right to believe so of course, I'm just saying I think it's nuts. The FA doesn't have an agenda for any club. If they did, they wouldn't make it this obvious to begin with to pair you three times in a row.
I am glad to see that a Liverpool fan has finally admitted what they all knew all along...

Howard Webb never received any 'brown envelopes'

I am glad that this outlandish conspiracy that we were taunted with for years (despite a video circulating on the internet of Webb singing You'll Never Walk Alone on a night out), has finally been put to bed.

Thank you.

el3mel

FFS :( :lol:

Err, no they don't. Only lunatics do the conspiracy "hot ball cold ball" stuff. And even if you DO believe that some draws are rigged (fair enough), give me one reason why the FA would hate Utd so much that they'd give you the apparent "toughest opponent" every time? They didn't hate you from 1992-2013. They don't hate you because you've won the competition too often in the recent past. If you really wanna believe in a conspiracy draw, you should say that they wanted to give City the hardest fixture because they want another winner.

Happy with the midweek rest ;)

Mate you're making a meal out of it. You're on a United forum, expect moaning when rivals get easier draws than us. We're biased so that's it. I don't see the problem.

Irwin99

That's a heck of a fixture congestion for the Manchester clubs. Surely they'll give City an extra 24 hours given they play Chelsea 48 hours before? Not complaining if they don't mind :D Squad depth for both sides will come into play and I'm confident we'll meet Spurs in the final.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Mate you're making a meal out of it. You're on a United forum, expect moaning when rivals get easier draws than us. We're biased so that's it. I don't see the problem.
Probably true yeah. It's exactly the kind of behaviour and moaning that a lot on here were laughing about when Liverpool supporters made those comments 10 years ago though :) But you're right of course, I might have a good moan too if it was Liverpool drawing a tough opponent. Just the conspiracy theories that I don't really get.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
My theory why I believe that City and United are deliberately paired together at the semi final stage of a domestic Cup competition is not because of an agenda against either club but a matter of security and policing.
The Carabao Cup is under the auspices of the Football League not the FA, of course.

acnumber9

It doesn’t really help transparency when the balls are already in the pot. All they’d have to do is have a divider and job done. Not that I see the benefit in ensuring they draw each other.

TheReligion

Abusive
A lot on here complained about the Everton draw (and you won). A lot on here complained about a perfectly reasonable CL draw (and you should've qualified). More complaining and conspiracies about the draw today (and you're the stronger side and favorite according to the league table). It really shows how far you've fallen instead of just being confident for a change.
If it bothers you that much there's other forums to visit you know?

MikeeMike

Unless my memory is failing the last 3 times both City and United have appeared in a Cup semi final draw they have been paired together.
Your 1 in 3 chance argument now becomes a 1 in 27 chance.
I'm convinced it's predetermined. Not moaning about it, just saying.
1 in 27 chance convinces you it is predetermined ? Apart from probably a wind up. The FA /League do not have the nouse nor intellect to attempt a fix

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Draw was obviously rigged. You could see balls 4 and 2 exude liquid hot magma, glowing as they were like the fiery pits of hell. Cameras tried to hide it but it was clear as the night sky.

Props to Darren Bent for keeping his cool, even as his eyes screamed out in pain.

Mr Smith

All these conspiracy theories :rolleyes: some of our fans are so insecure at times. I'm buzzing for this. We've had their number over the last 12 months and their forwards have been in woeful form. Lets do them and try to get Ole's first piece of silverware.

Web of Bissaka

If we got...
  • City --> complain
  • Spurs --> complain
  • Brentford --> :drool: oh my god!
It's 2/3 chance of getting a "difficult team".
Honestly, I much rather we get either one of City or Spurs than Brentford.

People who complained and want Brentford doesn't care at all about this cup right? And expecting we to rest a lot of our players and Ole to play the B or even C team. Problem when we do that is complacency. No doubts Brentford will treat this like a cup final. They'll go at it and bring the knife to our throats. While our players confidently mug and play around overconfidence with this shit, and playing it easy then as time running out, only then put more effort into it. Either that or just overwhelmed by the game and doesn't recover, remain in shocked by Brentford's approach.

Do we not learn already after Istanbul sunk us? The players are shit in that game, after winning comfortably vs PSG and RBL, they get super high confident.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I don’t know about United and City, but Roman’s balls are piping hot. Only way to explain the easy FA Cup draws for Chelsea over the years.

MikeeMike

All these conspiracy theories :rolleyes: some of our fans are so insecure at times. I'm buzzing for this. We've had their number over the last 12 months and their forwards have been in woeful form. Lets do them and try to get Ole's first piece of silverware.
Well said

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Once again the short straw draw for Ole. Ridiculous the lack of luck United have got in these Cup draws in the last 2 years.
I’m not so sure at that, we’d have to play city anyway and I think I’d rather play them at old Trafford than at Wembley.

if we get passed them, Tottenham in the final will be a great tie.

Crustanoid

I don’t know about United and City, but Roman’s balls are piping hot. Only way to explain the easy FA Cup draws for Chelsea over the years.
I think there were threats of people ‘disappearing’ involved too.

always_hoping

I’m not so sure at that, we’d have to play city anyway and I think I’d rather play them at old Trafford than at Wembley.

if we get passed them, Tottenham in the final will be a great tie.
No guarantee that City would have beaten Spurs if they drew them in the semi final

Brentford in the semi final would mean the opportunity to rest players in a busy schedule and would still win.

Uniteds record in Old Trafford derbies isn't great recently and It's better to play them in Wembley as beating them would mean winning a trophy.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
No guarantee that City would have beaten Spurs if they drew them in the semi final

Brentford in the semi final would mean the opportunity to rest players in a busy schedule and would still win.

Uniteds record in Old Trafford derbies isn't great recently and It's better to play them in Wembley as beating them would mean winning a trophy.
Well we’re approaching some really good form and Jan 4th is not an age away. Last night showed that we could rotate the squad and still perform to high expectations. If anything the strikers apart from Rash need to start chipping in with goals, Martial’s goal will help confidence but now Greenwood needs a bit of luck in front of goal.

City don’t worry me as much as Spurs if I’m honest. They beat a shit Arsenal which was easier than Stoke away

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Well we’re approaching some really good form and Jan 4th is not an age away. Last night showed that we could rotate the squad and still perform to high expectations. If anything the strikers apart from Rash need to start chipping in with goals, Martial’s goal will help confidence but now Greenwood needs a bit of luck in front of goal.

City don’t worry me as much as Spurs if I’m honest. They beat a shit Arsenal which was easier than Stoke away
Stoke is 7th in the Championship. And by all reports they didn't even play their first team. Let's not be ridiculous here.

United58

They didn't hate you from 1992-2013
I don't think they're rigging draws against us, but they threw us under the bus in 1999 - when we went to the CWC they said that was fine, then kicked us out of the FA Cup after we were gone. The narrative of course was that United were off after money, not the prestigious trophy, even though Ferguson was still desperate to win it again and thought we'd be playing in it as usual

I’d miss you way too much.
Hey, some of us are nice, considering we're United fans :D

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
1 in 27 chance convinces you it is predetermined ? Apart from probably a wind up. The FA /League do not have the nouse nor intellect to attempt a fix
A multi billion dollar enterprise like the football industry can't organise 4 balls to be drawn out in a sequence?
A third rate conjourer could pull that off.
How many more times would the same result need to occur before you accept that you may be wrong?
I repeat that getting United doesn't overly bother me. It's the being taken for mugs that does it.

always_hoping

Pep loves the league cup they will be playing their strongest starting 11 in that semi final, will United do likewise?

No point talking about Spurs and final when a major hurdle needs to be jumped first. Like the recent Old Trafford encounter I'd expect another competitive contest with few opportunities to score and won't be surprised if it takes penalties to find a winner.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Pep loves the league cup they will be playing their strongest starting 11 in that semi final, will United do likewise?

No point talking about Spurs and final when a major hurdle needs to be jumped first. Like the recent Old Trafford encounter I'd expect another competitive contest with few opportunities to score and won't be surprised if it takes penalties to find a winner.
No pens. We’ll beat them!

MikeeMike

A multi billion dollar enterprise like the football industry can't organise 4 balls to be drawn out in a sequence?
A third rate conjourer could pull that off.
How many more times would the same result need to occur before you accept that you may be wrong?
I repeat that getting United doesn't overly bother me. It's the being taken for mugs that does it.
I would never accept that Darren Bent would be able to follow any “fix” instructions.
I’ve seen 12 Reds in a row on a roulette wheel (1 chance in 4095) So if Utd got City for next 7 SF’s then it still isn’t statistically freaky. Perhaps you could explain or even better show a video of you drawing 4 balls out in the same sequence?

cyberman

Well City are fecked here. These players wont be back for weekend so do they postpone that as well?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Well City are fecked here. These players wont be back for weekend so do they postpone that as well?
They’ve done it out of precaution and will retest everyone tomorrow. They will only be fecked if that shows a positive test for more than 5 players. In which case we will hopefully be sailing into the League Cup final.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I imagine the Chelsea match is in danger too, but the self-isolation period has been reduced to 10 days nationally so they can probably field a team for the Carabao.

Elite sport does have slightly different protocols though and not familiar with the latest.

FujiVice

It would be hilarious is "semi final bottler" Ole gets through to a final without playing a semi.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Apparently the rules that were applied to Orient are for rounds 1-4 only. They won't apply to City, hence why they are granted a postponement

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Spurs got a bye when Leyton Orient could not play due to Covid. Not sure how this would be any different. You're in the final if they can play, surely?
Simply because the next round of fixtures were due to be played the following week and Spurs had no space in their calendar. The final isn't due to be played until April so there's four months to reschedule the game to see who will lose to Spurs in the final.