Carabao Cup semifinals

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Face it - this was probably your best chance of a trophy this season.

With the fixture pile-up and the injuries I can see it being a difficult few weeks for you.
"I can't tell you how devastating going out in the carabao cup, and Champions League, and FA Cup, and dropping from top 4 is going to be for this club and its future."

Djemba-Djemba

I don't, I'm pissed off. It sucks to lose.

It's hardly a big disaster which makes a mockery of any claims that we're improving as a club though, we lost on penalties in a semi final to Chelsea.
Yeah but you were acting like meh who cares.

It's not a big disaster but this was a great chance to get to a final and you've lost. It feels like you've fallen at the final hurdle a lot of times over the years, must be immensely frustrating.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Don't be getting ahead of your boots now buddy.
I was waiting for this.

The cup matters and I'm not here acting as if our exit doesn't hurt or doesn't matter like you did. You practically celebrated it because 'one less competition to play!'.

I just found the post I quoted weird because the way we lost tonight wasn't embarrassing, we gave it a go and were beaten. There's no point crying about it, our injury issues were always going to make it a tough game.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
"I can't tell you how devastating going out in the carabao cup, and Champions League, and FA Cup, and dropping from top 4 is going to be for this club and its future."
That all hasn't happened though, has it?

We won't drop out of the top 4 this season. You can quote me on that.

We may get kicked out of the cups, I don't know.

What do people expect me to say about tonight? That i'm totally devastated? We gave it our best under difficult circumstances, we lost, it happens. The cup matters but isn't the end of the world, not because we're above it (we're clearly not) but because it's hardly a shock considering the team we were able to put out.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
I was waiting for this.

The cup matters and I'm not here acting as if our exit doesn't hurt or doesn't matter like you did. You practically celebrated it because 'one less competition to play!'.

I just found the post I quoted weird because the way we lost tonight wasn't embarrassing, we gave it a go and were beaten. There's no point crying about it, our injury issues were always going to make it a tough game.
Fair play. The League Cup is just a footnote in the season anyway.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard is a GOD. Says he doesn’t care what the manager says then gets the MotM award and says “thanks, one more” :lol: Oh my, I’ll miss him when he’s gone :(

Canagel

That all hasn't happened though, has it?

We won't drop out of the top 4 this season. You can quote me on that.

We may get kicked out of the cups, I don't know.

What do people expect me to say about tonight? That i'm totally devastated? We gave it our best under difficult circumstances, we lost, it happens. The cup matters but isn't the end of the world, not because we're above it (we're clearly not) but because it's hardly a shock considering the team we were able to put out.
There's no guarantees . You're in the scrap and quite vulnerable with these injuries to fall behind. Was lucky with last minute winner against Fulham.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah but you were acting like meh who cares.

It's not a big disaster but this was a great chance to get to a final and you've lost. It feels like you've fallen at the final hurdle a lot of times over the years, must be immensely frustrating.
I wasn't, I just thought the poster I quoted was overreacting to the defeat. 2-1 at the bridge and losing on penalties hurts, but I don't think it's a sign of any kind of collapse, nor does it undo a lot of progress we've made as a club in the last 5 or so years.

We have, and yes it is frustrating. I think there's definitely a certain mental block we have when it comes to trophies, which will only get worse the longer it goes on. Teams have had this in the past and generally get over it eventually but we'll see.

Tonight I have few complaints about the team. We came back in the 2nd half and got back in to the game despite missing all the players you'd expect to step up in that kind of situation. Most Spurs fans were not expecting much from tonight with the injury situation we had, a majority I know were predicting a defeat.

There are times when it's fair to rip in to the team because you feel the players have let you down, and other times where as a fan you have to accept your side has certain limitations. I don't feel like anybody gave any less than their best tonight and I don't think anybody is to blame. Of course I care about going out but it's not going to make me totally lose all sense of perspective.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
What do people expect me to say about tonight?
well, this:
That i'm totally devastated? We gave it our best under difficult circumstances, we lost, it happens. The cup matters but isn't the end of the world, not because we're above it (we're clearly not) but because it's hardly a shock considering the team we were able to put out.
and maybe stop answering to every post from everybody who are fishing for Spurs fans to react. More you answer, more it is fun for everybody and they are having a laugh. You said everything in second tweet above. Stop biting. Guys are having a laugh. That's all. Don't be so touchy. Just what fans do. Tomorrow, hell, ih half an hour will be forgotten.
But you are more than welcom having a laugh tomorrow, at Arsenal expence, of course.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
well, this:

and maybe stop answering to every post from everybody who are fishing for Spurs fans to react. More you answer, more it is fun for everybody and they are having a laugh. You said everything in second tweet above. Stop biting. Guys are having a laugh. That's all. Don't be so touchy. Just what fans do. Tomorrow, hell, ih half an hour will be forgotten.
But you are more than welcom having a laugh tomorrow, at Arsenal expence, of course.
I'm not bothered about replying, I'm winding down for the night and don't have anything better to do. I know it's what fans do, I'm not sat at my computer seething :lol:.

Djemba-Djemba

I wasn't, I just thought the poster I quoted was overreacting to the defeat. 2-1 at the bridge and losing on penalties hurts, but I don't think it's a sign of any kind of collapse, nor does it undo a lot of progress we've made as a club in the last 5 or so years.

We have, and yes it is frustrating. I think there's definitely a certain mental block we have when it comes to trophies, which will only get worse the longer it goes on. Teams have had this in the past and generally get over it eventually but we'll see.

Tonight I have few complaints about the team. We came back in the 2nd half and got back in to the game despite missing all the players you'd expect to step up in that kind of situation. Most Spurs fans were not expecting much from tonight with the injury situation we had, a majority I know were predicting a defeat.

There are times when it's fair to rip in to the team because you feel the players have let you down, and other times where as a fan you have to accept your side has certain limitations. I don't feel like anybody gave any less than their best tonight and I don't think anybody is to blame. Of course I care about going out but it's not going to make me totally lose all sense of perspective.
I thought you did well, considering the injuries you've got and that terrible first half. Spurs came back into it strongly, you were always going to struggle in a shootout missing so many attacking players.

It's obviously not a case of bottling.

There's been a lot of Spurs fans, not you, and Liverpool fans on here who seem to think they're above the League Cup and it's always baffled me. Look at the last few winners of it City, Chelsea, City, Utd, City and now one of City or Chelsea. It's a good trophy to win.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I thought you did well, considering the injuries you've got and that terrible first half. Spurs came back into it strongly, you were always going to struggle in a shootout missing so many attacking players.

It's obviously not a case of bottling.

There's been a lot of Spurs fans, not you, and Liverpool fans on here who seem to think they're above the League Cup and it's always baffled me. Look at the last few winners of it City, Chelsea, City, Utd, City and now one of City or Chelsea. It's a good trophy to win.
Pretty much, I think we gave it our best shot and that's all I can ask for as a fan. Like you say, without key attacking players and our backup keeper playing, the shootout was always going to be tough.

We're definitely not above it and I've always criticised that attitude. Had we put out a second XI tonight or vs Arsenal in the quarters I would have been pissed off.

klsv

Wonder if Hazard wording his reply to the question about Sarri's comments like that was intended as such or due to him being awkward in English :lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Thought Chelsea completely deserved the victory. They were hard done by the ref, Dier allowed to play hatchet man in the first half and the ref missed an incredibly obvious free kick just before half time right on the edge of the area.

Good for Sarri who was quite justified in criticising his players even though the media went overboard with him "losing the dressing room" because you can't criticise the players apparently.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Very entertaining match, Spurs fought well despite their disadvantage (aided by the ref though) and Chelsea's offensive finally clicked again. In part I guess because Spurs didn't just sit back, and allowed Chelsea space in transition, but it also worked better against a low-lying defence than recently. Only real problem was chance conversion.
Thought Chelsea completely deserved the victory. They were hard done by the ref, Dier allowed to play hatchet man in the first half and the ref missed an incredibly obvious free kick just before half time right on the edge of the area.
It was a bit ridiculous in the first half. I had to laugh when in the second, Atkinson gave Jorginho the first yellow of the game. Not that it was a wrong decision, but the lack of consistency in his judgement was impressive.