Carling Cup Draw

stubie

We will get Liverpool at Home

Then end their season before Christmas

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
I think we have a squad deep enough now to play players in these games that have a really good shout of being in the first team. Rather than all untested kids. The mistakes and slip ups will be less frequent as a result.

Berba was brilliant against Aldershot. His attitude was top drawer and if you go out with an attitude like that then you will win these games.

Varun

Staff
Did you think that when we played Coventry at home in 2007?
Ofcurse i did.

You're telling me you didnt expect an easy game vs Coventry? Yes, we got beat but doesnt change the fact that most if not all of us expected an easy game. I expect the same from Palace at home. A comfortabe win if we play to our 70%. Upsets do happen though, it could be one. Football's a funny game.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Exactly. Playing Palace at home should be seen as a reasonably easy game. It's not like we're playing Barca away.

It's not being disrespectful to Palace, or is it forgetting our famous feck ups/close run things. It's looking at the tie for what it is. The Champions of England playing a lower League team with a huge gulf between the players.

Penny

Glazer get to a after drink brawl with Shittu, bot
ya I the most important point of getting this comparatively easier draw (no disrespect to Palace) at home is to have another chance to continue to trial Pogba & Morrison & co .. And doing it in front of the home fans I believe could mean a great deal to them..

And it's a Quarter Final .. I think that add on some real responsibilties on their shoulder and give them a much 'real' experience of wat top flight football is about..

Kelvin

considering we could have draw City Liverpool Chelsea or Arsenal, Crystal Palace isn't a bad draw, we should hang our head in shame if we get knocked out by them at home.

I'm always right

Did you think that when we played Coventry at home in 2007?
oh ok, we stand corrected, it's gonna be a really tough game, I mean, we expect to beat Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa, Newcastle etc etc at home but yeah, palace is going to be REAL TOUGH!

Upsets happen, that's what makes football great but Palace at home for Manchester United is a fecking EASY tie whichever way you paint it!