Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Or y'know we could actually go for someone alittle younger who's best days might not be behind him the moment he steps through the doors at Carrington.
Who will come here, is the bit missing from your post and where we’re way back in the pack.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I can't believe we're in with a chance of signing the best DM in the world and people are complaining after years of watching Mctominay and Fred.
It's amazing to me that people can make this argument with a straight face given our recruitment history over the last decade.

It should be pretty clear to every Manchester United fan by now that signing big name player who has been very good in a different team in no way guarantees they'll be good in your team. And if you sign said player to a ludicrously inflated contract as he approaches the latter stages of his career, you're making yourself a hostage to fortune and drastically increasing the odds of a damaging misspend of resources. Especially when the transfer takes place in the context of to what all appearances is a haphazard, disorientated transfer window with little sign of a coherent underlying strategy.

This prospective deal is covered in red flags. And the fact that we've had to put up McFred for years doesn't change that. Just as the fact that they were replacing shit players didn't stop previous big-contract flops from being flops. If you're in a hole you don't keep digging in the same direction and this would be a transfer completely in line with the Woodward-era approach.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Who will come here, is the bit missing from your post and where we’re way back in the pack.
Surprised he wants to fecking come here for a start.
Done it all (at Madrid), double his earnings here while on a 5 year contract.
But yeah. great move.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't know, I'm not being paid good money to be a scout for Manchester United but then you know that already.

The two young players Madrid signed in the past two windows wouldn't have been bad though.
We could try asking for Dr Who to intervene with his time machine?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Well we tried and they turned us down
I don't know, I'm not being paid good money to be a scout for Manchester United but then you know that already.

The two young players Madrid signed in the past two windows wouldn't have been bad though.

RuudTom83

I hope United hire a jumbo yet to fly round Europe to pick all these players there are NOT buying!...make a massive parade on the runway at Manchester Airport!!!

Get a few legends back to form a guard of honour...its going to be magical and it 100% going to happen.

AdNani

It's amazing to me that people can make this argument with a straight face given our recruitment history over the last decade.

It should be pretty clear to every Manchester United fan by now that signing big name player who has been very good in a different team in no way guarantees they'll be good in your team. And if you sign said player to a ludicrously inflated contract as he approaches the latter stages of his career, you're making yourself a hostage to fortune and drastically increasing the odds of a damaging misspend of resources. Especially when the transfer takes place in the context of to what all appearances is a haphazard, disorientated transfer window with little sign of a coherent underlying strategy.

This prospective deal is covered in red flags. And the fact that we've had to put up McFred for years doesn't change that. Just as the fact that they were replacing shit players didn't stop previous big-contract flops from being flops. If you're in a hole you don't keep digging in the same direction and this would be a transfer completely in line with the Woodward-era approach.
We've never signed anyone who was legitimately the best in the world in there position, never.

Of course there's a chance he could flop. but there's a chance anyone could flop.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

There is none because it's too late. Would have worked had we planned this much earlier. We didn't and we have to live with it now.

Bwuk

Struggle to see any cons. It's a lot of money potentially but he's the best DM in the world.

Starts every game for Madrid, especially the big games. Just got man of the match in the super cup.

Casemiro as a #6 infront of Varane & Martinez is a massive improve on Fred.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Agree.

Castia

What you’re omitting from your post is those two young players had no interest in coming here, so what relevance are they to us and our predicament?
I didn’t say they are coming here. I said Madrid are building for the future whilst we’re paying them a fortune for players coming to the end of their career.

OmarUnited4ever

This, especially the bolded part.

TheReligion

Abusive
I can't believe we're in with a chance of signing the best DM in the world and people are complaining after years of watching Mctominay and Fred.
The Caf is mental. Don’t try and understand some of them.

They will be pessimistic about every single thing trust me. They’ll also be the first to complain when we have Fred and Mctominay and come out with ‘the club is finished’

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Surprised he wants to fecking come here for a start.
Done it all (at Madrid), double his earnings here while on a 5 year contract.
But yeah. great move.
It’s all well and good bemoaning the deal (even I think it’s excessively long), but suggesting alternatives that aren’t part of a reality does nothing - we can’t get the type of players you mentioned; we can’t even get a fair price for players rungs down on them, so where do you suggest we go for players of this calibre? Or should we just not be in for them at all?

Ricardo de la Vega

Dont want him. Old, overpaid, over the hill. Obviously a big upgrade on our present midfield, but 2 years in a losing team and he'll be done. Stinks of Matic to me really.
I'm still stupidly hopeful on a Milenkovic-Savic AND Frenkie de Jong deal...fool that I am.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

They will be pessimistic about every single thing trust me. They’ll also be the first to complain when we have Fred and Mctominay and come out with ‘the club is finished’
Sorry but the few members have a right to be pessimistic about United's transfer works post SAF and its not a bad thing.
We're desperate to be proven wrong. We want these players to turn out great for us but they tend to be underwhelming or just outright sh*te.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I didn’t say they are coming here. I said Madrid are building for the future whilst we’re paying them a fortune for players coming to the end of their career.
To what end? They’re Real Madrid: kings of Europe doing things from the greatest position of strength in the sport right now; what bearing does that have on us, almost ten years down a hole?

We can’t move or think like they do, and we have 2 weeks to prevent this season being an absolute disaster, so what do you suggest we do?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
One of the threads in the most famous forum in Spanish language says:

Se va CASEMIRO???? QUE COJONES???

Which means: "Casemiro is leaving???? WTF???"

That should say everything about the earthquake United is creating at the moment.

TheReligion

Abusive
Sorry but the few members have a right to be pessimistic about United's transfer works post SAF and its not a bad thing.
We're desperate to be proven wrong. We want these players to turn out great for us but they tend to be underwhelming or just outright sh*te.
Oh sure everyone is fed up

Don’t you think it just kills off any kind of discussion and positivity though when in every single thread we have the same fecking complaints and moaning?

It’s tedious

Castia

I think everyone will agree he’s a good player, one of the best DM’s in the world.

It’s the 5 year contract on ridiculous wages that have people sceptical about the deal. He’s coming here for one thing and that’s the payday….just what this squad needs.

The summer has been a complete mess fans have a right to be pessimistic this deal is the wrong one to do.

Alemar

Let's see what happens. Having that much money available and waiting until two weeks before the window shuts to start using it makes us look even more badly run than we already do.

I bet we don't spend more than £100m net between now and the end of the window.
Let’s see: Bissaka 15, Garner 15, McTominay 20, Bailly 10 - here comes 60m of possible income, so 100m net is 160m gross. And there are also such players as Tuanzebe or youngster loans who can yield 1-2m each as well.

TheReligion

Abusive
To what end? They’re Real Madrid: kings of Europe doing things from the greatest position of strength in the sport right now; what bearing does that have on us, almost ten years down a hole?

We can’t move or think like they do, and we have 2 weeks to prevent this season being an absolute disaster, so what do you suggest we do?
Beggars belief people don’t grasp this

TheReligion

Abusive
I think everyone will agree he’s a good player, one of the best DM;s in the world.

It’s the 5 year contract on ridiculous wages that have people sceptical about the deal. He’s coming here for one thing and that’s the payday….just what this squad needs.

The summer has been a complete mess fans have a right to be pessimistic
Will you complain if he gets us back in the CL and in turn helps us pull in the right players in the next window?

No you won’t and neither will the club.

Teja

----------------------Casemiro----------------------
-----McTominay-------------Fred-----------------

:nervous:
Jose would definitely do it just for the memes :lol:

--- AWB --- Maguire -- Varane -- Martinez --- Shaw
----------------------------- Casemiro -------------------------------
--------------- McT -------------------- Fred -------------------------

BalanceUnAutreJoint

If there's one thing Casemiro doesn't lack it's personality and I can't think of something that the current Man Utd squad lacks more

Castia

Will you complain if he gets us back in the CL and in turn helps us pull in the right players in the next window?

No you won’t and neither will the club.
But….just like Varane last summer what if he doesn’t? He will be almost 36 years old at the end of this deal walking away with a reported 400k a week that’s awful management yet again.

Why in the world should we have to double someone’s wages? he’s got no interest in United.

Bobski

Oh sure everyone is fed up

Don’t you think it just kills off any kind of discussion and positivity though when in every single thread we have the same fecking complaints and moaning?

It’s tedious
Well, that's the thing, it is not really a discussion if everyone is saying the same thing is it?

The moaning adds valuable contrast.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Beggars belief people don’t grasp this
I would at least like to hear them give some kind of logical counters that take into account we’re backs to the wall and need solutions, pronto. Just makes no sense to act like we’ve all the time in the world to make the best of this window that we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.