Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We haven’t won anything in 5 years. We need a DM. He’s one of the best around. I honestly couldn’t give two flying fecks about what he’ll be like in 5 years time. We just got rinsed 4-0 by fecking Brentford.

mu4c_20le

He should be begging to come here, with a pay cut.

We are the biggest club in the world.

GlasgowCeltic

Feel like this becomes a terrible window for Madrid if they lose Cas after not getting Mbappe and Haaland

Chairman Steve

One hopes that Perez is making another Makelele mistake here, and we’re getting an undervalued, brilliant player who’ll do the business for us.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
So far all the briefings seem to be from Spain and if you have spent any time at all in the FDJ thread then you know not to take them too seriously. I just cannot see this one happening and unless someone like Whitwell starts reporting it is true I am going to continue to prepare for Oriol Romeu on deadline day.
I mean there's clearly substance behind these rumours. After us taking a 30 year old Varane off them, it wouldn't surprise me if we are stupid enough to do this.

All those saying he's a guaranteed success, how's Varane working out?

Teja

Feel like this becomes a terrible window for Madrid if they lose Cas after not getting Mbappe and Haaland
I mean replacing Casemiro with Tchouameni for basically a free has to be a win for them. They're stockpiling midfielders with Camavinga, Tchouameni etc. now, and something's gotta give.

reelworld

I don't want him if he's the only midfield signing. It has to be him AND another midfield player who can make plays. There's no point of him winning the ball, pass it to Fred and we immediately lose the ball.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I mean there's clearly substance behind these rumours. After us taking a 30 year old Varane off them, it wouldn't surprise me if we are stupid enough to do this.

All those saying he's a guaranteed success, how's Varane working out?
If stupid enough means buying one of if not the best DM, then I’m all for us being stupid

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We could’ve easily signed 2/3 players with this £80 million weeks ago and massively upgraded the midfield prior to the season starting.
Yep, ridiculous. Obviously the De Jong money diverted elsewhere but we should have dropped that 2 months ago.

pseudo_canadian

I don't understand how we've gone from showing no desire to play with a legit DM through all of preseason and the first two fixtures to being in a panic and spending big money to go and get one.
Ten Hag finally realizing that you need physical, aggressive DMs to succeed in the Prem?

macheda14

Alternative is other damn midfielders in the world for that fee, wages and age. Didn't we learn after the Varane transfer? What the feck is wrong with this club?
A player who is arguably the best in the world in his position, in his prime, with most like 3 very good years left and 2 serviceable ones. We’d be getting a DM. A bloody DM! Varane has had injury problems for a few years, that was our mistake Casemiro has not.

Castia

We haven’t won anything in 5 years. We need a DM. He’s one of the best around. I honestly couldn’t give two flying fecks about what he’ll be like in 5 years time. We just got rinsed 4-0 by fecking Brentford.
We was beaten by Brentford for doing stupid things like this in the past. The only reason Casemiro will come here is for the massive contract. We never learn.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid supporter joining in:

Casemiro kinda dropped in level the last few seasons, mostly the consistency but also he seems to make more last-ditch efforts compared to previous seasons. That being said, he still turns up when needed and never relied on his pace or something. His abilities on the ball are relatively limited, compared to his team mates. But seeing the McFred stuff…he’d be your best footballer in midfield.

If we can get a decent fee…hmm kinda conflicted. Think he can still push a season or two. But Perez is ruthless and does what needs to be done. Tchou better work out faster than expected.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Alternative is other damn midfielders in the world for that fee, wages and age. Didn't we learn after the Varane transfer? What the feck is wrong with this club?
Too late. Anyone else is going to cost the same money now. Be it Calceido or Caqueret or Neves. The window of planning is over. Time to get things done . Basically we have 2 choice either get him in or sign no one and live with McFred.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I don't want him if he's the only midfield signing. It has to be him AND another midfield player who can make plays. There's no point of him winning the ball, pass it to Fred and we immediately lose the ball.
Linked with Caicedo

GlasgowCeltic

I mean replacing Casemiro with Tchouameni for basically a free has to be a win for them. They're stockpiling midfielders with Camavinga, Tchouameni etc. now, and something's gotta give.
They'd have sold a WC player and replaced with a project who isn’t ready, they need to keep him, (and they need an attacker)

leontas

As much as I would like to see him at Utd, we shouldn’t just write blank checks to players.

Would much rather we looked at hungry, upcoming players like Caicedo who want to be here.

Rolaholic

My Madrid supporting mates don't seem to think it's a contract ploy because he apparently renewed just last year and they believe the club wouldn't break their wage structure for him after having spent the better part of the last 2 years cleaning up their books.

They also wouldn't blame him for taking that sort of money as he nears the latter years of his career, signing Tchouameni and Camavinga the last 2 summers also doesn't hurt I've said :lol:

The credible sources over the news as well gives it some teeth

Castia

Sorry what? Which world class players have we bought over the last 10 years? And which of those were playing against Brentford?
They’ve all been and gone. We’ve spent a billion on shite. We had almost 200m worth of centre backs in the squad against Brentford and that doesn’t take into account the fee for Lindelof and Bailly who were left out and we looked like amateurs at the back.

Giving a 5 year contract to a 30 year old on around 400k a week is absolutely ludicrous.

Ronaldo 400k, Varane 300k and Casamiro 400k……meanwhile Madrid are winning CL’s and signing players like Camavinga and Tchouaneni whilst we’re buying their cast offs on ridiculous money.

el3mel

Not just that this club never learns from its mistakes, apparently some of our fans also never learn, seeing from your post.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Madrid supporter joining in:

Casemiro kinda dropped in level the last few seasons, mostly the consistency but also he seems to make more last-ditch efforts compared to previous seasons. That being said, he still turns up when needed and never relied on his pace or something. His abilities on the ball are relatively limited, compared to his team mates. But seeing the McFred stuff…he’d be your best footballer in midfield.

If we can get a decent fee…hmm kinda conflicted. Think he can still push a season or two. But Perez is ruthless and does what needs to be done. Tchou better work out faster than expected.
As a Real fan, I guess you can testify about what happened when the team wasn't very well oiled and Zidane attempted new things 2 seasons ago.

It was pretty ugly and Casemiro looked like he was playing in Timberlands. He was a part of a wonderful midfield and did perfectly what he was supposed to do but can he adapt to a disfunctionnal team ? I have serious doubts.

lsd

The Oracle
Didn't we sign Matric at a similar age who despite showing his class at times quickly showed his legs had now gone as well

::sonny::

Madness + another wasting time on player impossible to sign

And would cost even more than De Jong 6 yrs younger

What’s wrong with them?!

VanHaal'sRedArmy

There are much worse options out there. This is a squad severely lacking leaders on the pitch. The crazy salary we're offering makes sense in the context that
this is a major position of need and he'd provide cover for our disorganized back four.

Bobski

Seems like a signing for a team in a completely different phase of its development, one ready to challenge right now. Utd are 2-3 years away, so instead of investing huge money on a (probably) in decline name in a panic move they would be better off keeping that money for an alternative.

Big clubs don't tend to sell top players with peak years remaining, you would have thought Varane would have shown us that, but it would be typical Utd to become a parachute payment club for players dropping from the elite level, dress them up as glamour buys and have massive regret 6 months into the contract.

Alemar

Yep, ridiculous. Obviously the De Jong money diverted elsewhere but we should have dropped that 2 months ago.
How come? We are trying to buy Casemiro AND Felix - it should mean we have money for de Jong in addition to the money for Casemiro

zbcrow15

It’s not ironic: Fred in his element chasing and harassing and not worrying what’s behind him; Casemiro cleans up loose balls, holds position and recycles constantly. They’re a logical and organic partnership. Just need a proper user of the ball amidst them and you’ve got at least an above average midfield. I can’t understand how people wouldn’t want him here.
I think a midfield of Fred-Casemiro-Eriksen ticks all of those boxes. You can also play Bruno there because you have the defensive cover.

Thiagoal

We’re going to have one hell of a team in September

de Gea
Meunier
Varane
martinez
Malacia
Casemiro (c)
Cassiedo
De Jong
Felix
Arnautivic
Sancho

:drool:

TheReligion

Abusive
You're not trying hard aren't you?
You’re trying to make out that signing the best DM in the world when United are leaking goals and struggling massively in the centre on the pitch is somehow a bad deal.

The mental gymnastics to think that are crazy.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Not just that this club never learns from its mistakes, apparently some of our fans also never learn, seeing from your post.
It's incredible really. This short-term mentality is why we continue to accumulate deadwood every year.

TheReligion

Abusive
How come? We are trying to buy Casemiro AND Felix - it should mean we have money for de Jong in addition to the money for Casemiro
Exactly but people would rather think whatever makes the club sound bad

Arnold leaked the club had £200m this window to the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.