Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
This reads like Mr Burns trying to put together his baseball team. :lol:

Hmm, this "Real Madrid" seem to be good at football. Can we just have their players?

AdNani

often the case but a world class DM changes the whole outlook of a team. Im in. Unzipped and ready.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The annual “let’s get rid of some dross to United” phone call
Yep, I class them alongside Bayern. Always been very cautious when they want to move on one of their 'stars'.

Expecting the obvious reply of but, but Robben and Sniejder which was a decade ago and Robben was the only one who sustained great form.

Roboc7

Surely Casemiro won’t want to waste end of his career at Utd . Murtough will on a first class flight to Madrid to convince him not to join though.

Laurencio

This reads like Mr Burns trying to put together his baseball team. :lol:

Hmm, this "Real Madrid" seem to be good at football. Can we just have their players?
:lol:

So... we'll buy Benzema, Casemiro and Kroos. Do we have 400 million all of a sudden?

NoPace

This move does not excite me. He would be joining for the wrong reasons, and that doesn't always bode well.
I wouldn't really worry about that with him. He seems really driven on the pitch.

The reason to not do this is for 50M and his wages you can literally spend 70M on any 22-25 year old DM in the world who has his best years ahead of him, while Casemiro's legs may start to go in a couple years as he's played a ton of very demanding football. And without truly elite technical skills it may go the way of the Schweinsteiger, who was also 30 when he signed for us.

He'd improve us a lot this year, but it just seems insane that we don't have some 25 year old DM we've been scouting for 2 years that we can spend 40M on.

Polar

Perfect opportunity for both RM and United to show Barca the finger :D

Sparky Rhiwabon

I can imagine Murtough, Arnold and Ten Hag etc having brainstorming sessions now just trying to come up with any midfielder we could sign.

“Any good midfielders you’ve worked with Erik?”
”De Jong?”
”APART FROM HIM!!!”

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I really don’t understand what we are doing as a club. Ask yourself, why would Casemiro want to be here? He’s won it all. He won’t give two shits about making United good again. No denying he is a good player but we don’t just need good players. We need motivated ambitious players, leaders, who can help change our mentality and culture. That is more important than finding someone who doesn’t tick those boxes but might be slightly better.

Mr Smith

you've literally championed signing De Jong all summer, who Barcelona are literally trying to force out the door
To be fair to him, De Jong is a very different situation, Barcelona aren't trying to sell him because he's crocked, has a bad attitude, or isn't good enough.

Flying_Heckfish

Great player of course, but another one that would be a very expensive, relatively short term fix - even if it was possible to do a deal, which it isn't.

AdNani

I can imagine Murtough, Arnold and Ten Hag etc having brainstorming sessions now just trying to come up with any midfielder we could sign.

“Any good midfielders you’ve worked with Erik?”
”De Jong?”
”APART FROM HIM!!!”
:lol::lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
That’s not all though. Varane came when we were looking on the up having just finished 2nd and trending to be title favourites for the upcoming season.

Casemiro along with any fans who think he’ll come in our current situation needs their head checked. It would genuinely be astounding.

I’d say there’s a higher chance of Frenkie coming than Casemiro.
No sane bookie would give you that odds. United were far away both Pool and City before the beginning of the season for anyone who follows football.

Status
Not open for further replies.