Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
If United pay €70-80M for Casemiro they will be digging his grave even more.
Will Casemiro make the difference to enter the top-4? No.
The only thing United will do is raise the wage bill absurdly for a 30-year-old player who won't change anything.

It will be Varane 2.0

Giggsy13

All we need now is Murtough flying into Madrid wearing a club suit with white sneakers like the fecking twat he is.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He is a leader in the team, helped a lot the brazilians, charismatic, a legend, etc. but I would sell him.
80 million is a lot of money, and I feel that rotating Tchouameni and Camavinga with him does not make sense in the long term.
We have to evolve and he is 30 years old. Obviously I would like them to use that money to buy a creative midfielder instead of pocketing it and weakening the team.
100 million for Asensio and Casemiro seems like a good business
Would be showing massive, massive faith in Tchouameni to discard the best DM in the world like that.

Not that that would be wrong in itself, but when you have the best, do you really let them go prematurely, or do you think he has started the declining slope?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not bothering getting involved in this thread. Pipe dream like Frenkie turned out to be. Also saw someone say 80m? You're joking right? For a 30/31 year old? No matter how good a player is, that price for a player that age is never smart.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The only thing United will do is raise the wage bill absurdly for a 30-year-old player who won't change anything.

It will be Varane 2.0
- The man is 30, meaning he's left his prime
- The man has won everything and won't have much ambition left to drag us to the top as there's no allegiance emotively to us
- The man is gonna have huge wages and knows there's no competition

There is red flags all over but our fans won't care

largelyworried

Good is relative. Casmiro is "good" in that we're fishing around late in the transfer window looking for reinforcements and were looking at Rabiot a week ago. He is clearly a cut above anything else we're likely to bring in. And to be fair, he's been among the best in his position for some time now, and in a position we really need. So he's clearly a good buy for us.

He's not "good" in that I'd much rather be buying a hungry 24 year old who has lots of life left in him and solves a problem for us over 4 to 6 years rather than being a stop gap that we probably have to start looking for replacements for within 2 to 3 seasons. Especially when he will cost an absolute fortune in both salary and transfer fees and be impossible to get rid of if it doesn't work out.

But we are where we are. We're paying an idiots tax on every transfer we try at the moment because of our failures in the past, so as far as these things go, its as good as we're going to get.

CloneMC16

Zero chance this guy would come here. Unless he only cares about money. 80m Euros is insane for a 30 year old. He's an amazing player, but I feel like this will go badly. This is the exact type of signing that Rangnick warned the club not to make.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
"Yo Cas, wanna leave one of the greatest teams in world football, where you are almost guaranteed league titles and CL's to join a shithouse club that can't even sign rejects like Rabiot and is in complete and utter disarray"

Cas - "Not sure, lemme ask my mate Rafa. Yo Rafa, hows life at united?"

Rafa - "I've been benched for a midget and maguire"

Cas - "sure i'll join"

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So we have not learned a thing from the varane signing
What I learned is Varane is still substantially better than Lindelof & Maguire, while Casemiro will always be better than McFred combined.

I totally see your point, but deadline day is closer than ever. We'll just have to check our every option since scouting in this club is a loose cannon.

Jacob

"Yo Cas, wanna leave one of the greatest teams in world football, where you are almost guaranteed league titles and CL's to join a shithouse club that can't even sign rejects like Rabiot and is in complete and utter disarray"

Cas - "sure"
"Yo Cas, wanna leave a club where you've won everything to try a new challenge at the most romantic club in the world. Go out with a bang by bringing the club and its project back to its glory days"

Cas: "Sure"

Judas

Open to offers
The warning signs were all there about Varane. Injury prone, needs a leader beside him. Those things were very clear before we signed him, people created this idea about him like often happens in this fanbase.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
80m and no doubt massive wages for a 30-year-old defensive midfielder who has won everything already and is only coming for the money is just madness. Its the type of move that is more likely to further cripple you going forward than to provide any real platform for a new project. That United is even considering this move gives some credence to the view that you'd be better off just closing up shop and not doing anything more in the market until some competent people are put in charge.

Just buy Caicedo for 60m and a reasonable wage if you want to spend big on a defensive midfielder.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
"Yo Cas, wanna leave a club where you've won everything to try a new challenge at the most romantic club in the world. Go out with a bang by bringing the club and its project back to its glory days"

Cas: "nah, i have no reason or allegiance to the club to do that. Not bothered about any legacy because ill be dead before you know it, so id rather remain in a warm city, with little mental stress, whilst enjoying the football."
Fixed

romufc

If anyone wants to know how not to run a business and learn how to waste money... United is the perfect example.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Would be showing massive, massive faith in Tchouameni to discard the best DM in the world like that.

Not that that would be wrong in itself, but when you have the best, do you really let them go prematurely, or do you think he has started the declining slope?
We have paid 80 million for Tchouameni, that's a massive faith.
The big personal bet of the chief scout so I guess it's time to take risks.
It doesn't make sense for Tchouameni to play against Almería and Casemiro in big games, or seat a leader in good games.
I think Tchouameni + Camavinga doesn't work out yet, but Tchouameni + Casemiro even less.
Yes, it's premature, he could stay a year or two more but for that money and with a high-level substitute, it's time to move the midfield

lex talionis

Have anyone mentioned here that we have Garner?
Probably not, but Garner is nowhere close to Casemiro.

But if we fail to bring in a proven CDM again I’d have no problem giving Garner a proper chance. Putting aside the rumor that we’ve put Garner up for sale Garner would be a solid cover man for Casemiro. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t, but we have retire the notion of McFred as a double pivot or either one of them as a single pivot.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Imagine thinking signing this fella would be a waste of money. SadCafe is such a weird place.
I can understand the scientism, you'd be a fool for not thinking this would be another galactico waste of money that we'll struggle to get off of our books on massive wages. But saying all that, he'd be brilliant for us.

Giggsy13

The last time madrid sold a 30 year old defensive midfielder was Makalele. I’ll take that comparison and pray it works out just as well as it did for Chelsea.

SATA

I doubt it’s all 80M euros upfront. There’ll be a substantial amount of add ons which will reach that sum like most transfers are. Now this is a muppet signing which i can get behind. Absolutely quality player which will help our team a lot and ten times the player compared to the one we were trying to get from Juventus few days ago

CloneMC16

Cas - "Not sure, lemme ask my mate Rafa. Yo Rafa, hows life at united?"

Rafa - "I've been benched for a midget and maguire"

Cas - "sure i'll join"
:lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We have paid 80 million for Tchouameni, that's a massive faith.
The big personal bet of the chief scout so I guess it's time to take risks.
It doesn't make sense for Tchouameni to play against Almería and Casemiro in big games, or seat a leader in good games.
I think Tchouameni + Camavinga doesn't work out yet, but Tchouameni + Casemiro even less.
Yes, it's premature, he could stay a year or two more but for that money and with a high-level substitute, it's time to move the midfield
That’s all fair comment.

I could have once spoken like you about our players… must be nice! :(

One teams discard is another’s treasure!

Kill3r7

I seriously doubt this happens but Casemiro would be a great signing for our midfield even at those rumored numbers and his “old” age. He would stabilize the midfield for a couple of years while we figure things out. If somehow we land both him and FDJ that would be a ridiculously good midfield upgrade.

Skills

Snitch

It will be Varane 2.0
Matic 2.0

lex talionis

80m and no doubt massive wages for a 30-year-old defensive midfielder who has won everything already and is only coming for the money is just madness. Its the type of move that is more likely to further cripple you going forward than to provide any real platform for a new project. That United is even considering this move gives some credence to the view that you'd be better off just closing up shop and not doing anything more in the market until some competent people are put in charge.

Just buy Caicedo for 60m and a reasonable wage if you want to spend big on a defensive midfielder.
Fair points, but Casemiro is cut from a different cloth than other players who came to OT for the money and then put their feet up on the couch until their contracts ran down. This a footballer with abundant character, a Brazil and Real legend. No social media, not clown agent, no dabbing, no issues of not showing up because he’s bored. And he’s still only 30, not 34.

TheReligion

Abusive

It will be Varane 2.0
Fortunately our wage bill dramatically dropped this season with the exits of Pogba, Cavani, Matic, Mata, Lingard etc

There’s plenty of scope for new signings

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That’s all fair comment.

I could have once spoken like you about our players… must be nice! :(

One teams discard is another’s treasure!
Be patient, Let's see how the market ends. Each team has different needs at all times.

Ghostrider318

for ~30m its a good deal. But feck me, 80m for a 30 year old DM who has won everything and will have 0 motivation except a big paycheck is a recipe for disaster. Lucky for him, we are a disaster already and the only fools who would be ready to do such a deal.

ColvaleGoa

Is this just the usual Real players new contract Gimmick? I don't want to get my hopes high.....all hopes have been burnt to a cinder crisp!

OleGunnar20

Good is relative. Casmiro is "good" in that we're fishing around late in the transfer window looking for reinforcements and were looking at Rabiot a week ago. He is clearly a cut above anything else we're likely to bring in. And to be fair, he's been among the best in his position for some time now, and in a position we really need. So he's clearly a good buy for us.

He's not "good" in that I'd much rather be buying a hungry 24 year old who has lots of life left in him and solves a problem for us over 4 to 6 years rather than being a stop gap that we probably have to start looking for replacements for within 2 to 3 seasons. Especially when he will cost an absolute fortune in both salary and transfer fees and be impossible to get rid of if it doesn't work out.

But we are where we are. We're paying an idiots tax on every transfer we try at the moment because of our failures in the past, so as far as these things go, its as good as we're going to get.
Nailed it.

It can't be anything over 60m though surely. And even that is accounting for the idiot / desperstion / United tax.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Im starting to wonder why we have scouts at all? They dont seem to find ANY competent Young players. Casemiro, for 70-80mill and probably 300k/week..really?

No disrespect on Casemiro. Great player. But we’ve seen this so many times before. It’s not going to end well.

Status
Not open for further replies.