Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

He's not just better than all the midfielders currently at the club, he's better than every midfielder United have had since Paul Scholes retired. Of course he'd be a good signing.

It isn't going to happen, though.

leon24

I thought the most toxic place in the club is the dressing room.

Boy, how wrong I was.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Is this actually a viable option for us? I assumed it was a vicious rumour to keep us occupied while the Glazers redistribute wealth out of the club.

Gandalf

Is this actually a viable option for us? I assumed it was a vicious rumour to keep us occupied while the Glazers redistribute wealth out of the club.
Madrid are remaking their midfield and Casemiro may well feel inclined to move for a final pay day if they are willing to let him go. I get the impression he is close with Fred and presumably has a decent relationship with Varane too so he might feel encouraged to try something new with familiar faces around him. I can see a scenario in which this does happen but it still seems far fetched and I can't help thinking Madrid would not want to leave themselves so light in midfield this close to the window.

Cypriot

Madrid are remaking their midfield and Casemiro may well feel inclined to move for a final pay day if they are willing to let him go. I get the impression he is close with Fred and presumably has a decent relationship with Varane too so he might feel encouraged to try something new with familiar faces around him. I can see a scenario in which this does happen but it still seems far fetched and I can't help thinking Madrid would not want to leave themselves so light in midfield this close to the window.
I would give anything to be light in midfield with Kroos, Modric, Camavinga & Tchaouameni :rolleyes:

DevTheRed

Don’t want him if he’s just coming here for a fat paycheque. Would rather spend the money on Caicedo.

evil_geko

He is 30yo, Cafs biggest Nemesis of a year number. :lol:

Would love him here, he still has at least good 4 years in him.

cyberman

Dont do it.

70m and 350k a week or whatever is too much.
Really? He’s the best player in the world in his position with a winners mentality.
If anything he’s worth more to us

izec

Really? He’s the best player in the world in his position with a winners mentality.
If anything he’s worth more to us
It was said the same about Varane. Players that age is a complete lottery on how long they can still play

Xaviboy

So if he does come to us he will add steel to our midfield but we still need a player that can dictate the play.

He works well with both Modric and Kroos so we need another midfielder like that? Who is out there that we can get?

Adamsk7

Tbh at this point, feck the Glazers and the board. If they pay stupid money for him, so be it. He is probably the best DM in the world (IMO) and even if he only gives us 2 years at the top, it’ll probably be worth it in the long run as he’ll improve us massively.

Gordon Godot

Tbh at this point, feck the Glazers and the board. If they pay stupid money for him, so be it. He is probably the best DM in the world (IMO) and even if he only gives us 2 years at the top, it’ll probably be worth it in the long run as he’ll improve us massively.
No, this is the pathetic mentality that got us into the hole. How did signing Zlatan, Ronaldo etc work out. We are not a retirement home. Sick of stop gaps, we need to build for the future.

izec

He would be an idiot to reject it. We know Brazilians take the money, so on that front, doubling his wages should do the trick.

But 70m pounds is quite a bit. Real are fleecing us.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
No, this is the pathetic mentality that got us into the hole. How did signing Zlatan, Ronaldo etc work out. We are not a retirement home. Sick of stop gaps, we need to build for the future.
30 is not retirement :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

flappyjay

- The man is 30, meaning he's left his prime
- The man has won everything and won't have much ambition left to drag us to the top as there's no allegiance emotively to us
- The man is gonna have huge wages and knows there's no competition

There is red flags all over but our fans won't care
I hate this type of deals. Rangnick actually spoke about this too, spending a lot of money in this age profile. Madrid spent it on Tchuameni who will most likely give them a decade of service including his peak and we are paying that much for about 4 years of service which will be Casemiro's peak and decline.

Last edited:

izec

I hate this type of deals. Rangnick actually spoke about this too, spending a lot of money in this age profile. Madrid spent it on Tchuameni who willost likely give them a decade of service including his peak and we are paying that much for about 4 years of service which will be Casemiro's peak and decline.
It would make sense if the fee was 30m or something, like Bayern paid for Mane. But it is far too high the rumoured fee. Varane was a mistake and i feel Casemiro will give us a good year or two and then be next to useless.

mu4c_20le

He would be an idiot to reject it. We know Brazilians take the money, so on that front, doubling his wages should do the trick.

But 70m pounds is quite a bit. Real are fleecing us.
:lol:

Dr Foo

Can anyone who watches him play regularly advise if he can still keep a high level for next few years as DM, once his physicality wanes?

Status
Not open for further replies.